Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valuable Poster View Post
    I guess they will do some stat squish and then remove the artifact in a painless way like we give back them to their owner or get destroyed etc etc.

Also I find pretty funny all the people that throw the same argument "Eheh I find a green weapon from a murlock that is better than my ashbringer"

Sorry to burst your bubble but since you are not 1shotting mobs with literally 1 swing or 1 spell therefore your "artifact" isn't that good no?

I find strange for a Paladin to be unable to 1 shot a murlock with 1 ashbringer swing, so those aren't really that good.
    Those Fel murlocks are mean mate... they have wings and do gurhlgurhl

Deleted
    Ofc you will still have them, but not use them at the new expansion... but u can still equip them so you can farm "old content" (=legion) for artifact skins.

Ian even just said that in the interview. Think about it for a second. He said u will still be able to farm the skins for transmog. That means you HAVE to have the weapon around still.

Just think of it to stay at lv 110. New expansion goes to Lv. 120 and brings back traditional weapons so you just wont use the artifact in endgame anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well, then revert it back. No problem here to make weapon heirloom useless after level 100 or to put some other "stop" on it.

What? Every expansion has some starting quest. Every expansion requires you to accept a quest(line) that brings you into the new zones. Tie your weapon exchange to that quest and everybody has to do it. Your suggestion sounds a bit poor to me story-wise and gameplay-wise. Remove them and send us new weapons per mail after we did all those questlines to get artifacts? Or what was your plan?

- - - Updated - - -

I remember that they said that but when we think about it... how should this work? If you don't raid, there's no "final fight". And if you do, are your weapons made useless the first time you do it or the 50th time? They can't really tie it to the raid. They must tie it so a quest or task that EVERYBODY needs to do to get something in return.
    your weapons are made worthless "the first time" of corse they still have to work, but they are made useless the first time lore wise, idk if you know, but killing that raid 50 times is not lore cannon.
    also no they dont? raiding has allways had story people cant acsess unless they do it, LFR is there for a reason, just because "some people are too lazy even to que up for LFR" does not mean they cant add lore to raids (allready proven false with every raid ever but whatever excuse you wanna make up)
    simply like the last few expansions, the "legendary" will work until level 119 (or whatever the thing is next expansion)

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    My idea of this is that the 8.0 Launch quest for the next xpac will have us temporarily thwart the 'big bad' of the first tier of the next xpac (or something of similar power) by sacrificing ourselves to stop them, but we end up surviving because of the power of our artifacts save us from death.
    Our artifacts essentially get depleted/destroyed (insofar as the story is concerned) and we wake up in the new zones, get handed a new weapon replacement of probably blue quality, and we go about our merry way.
    Think how Legion or WoD started, where there was a scenario, you did some stuff, you fought a bad guy, etc.

We will keep them, keep their skins, but they will not be equippable beyond level 100.
    That kinda thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    I highly doubt they'll suddenly remove our weapons entirely.

It'll be just like any other expansion: We have our Artifacts, eventually we find a random weapon that's better from a quest/dungeon/drop/etc and bam, new weapon, Artifact can go gather dust in the bank.
    No.

It's so fucking painfully obvious that we're going to use the accumulated "power" of our artifacts to kill [the final boss of the expansion], draining/sacrificing them to stop them and/or close a portal forever and, most likely, just turning them into a depowered purple.

But yes, of course they're going to fucking replace them for the next expansion. Why is that even a god damned question in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    No.

It's so fucking painfully obvious that we're going to use the accumulated "power" of our artifacts to kill [the final boss of the expansion], draining/sacrificing them to stop them and/or close a portal forever and, most likely, just turning them into a depowered purple.

But yes, of course they're going to fucking replace them for the next expansion. Why is that even a god damned question in the first place?
    I honestly have no idea and can't answer for all of those who ask the question in the first place.

To me it has always seemed very obvious what the two future possibilities would be:

1. We keep using our Artifacts because it would be wierd to replace them when they're so powerful.
    2. We replace them because that's how it always goes with expansions/patches and Blizzard will come up with some reason why the all-powerful weapons are worthless now.

But that's just me. I'll let others give their own reasoning for ever asking the question "Will we replace our Artifacts in the next expansion?"

That is if they want to answer a question given by someone with such a hostile tone as yourself. Please do calm down so we don't suddenly spiral the thread out of control.

Deleted
    Artifact weapons are going to be removed. It was told in one of old Dev Q&A. They said that we will no longer wear Artifacts in 8.0, as they will be destroyed/removed/what so ever, and they will make a lore that will explain it. They also said that the Artifact weapons will still be available as transmogs.

Yeah they'd have to get rid of Artifact weapons completely if Blizzard intends to not use them in 8.0.

Just imagine how many ilvl a random green weapon in 8.0 has to have in order for it to be an upgrade over 50+ artifact traits.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna cry for real, I'm a BM hunter... Losing second pet I grew an attachment to, damn I simply disagree to lose my Hati =(
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Maybe we sort of drain their power and with that we start crafting our own weapon or empower ourselves with it.
    I'd like to have a "forge the new legendary weapon" type of thing where we drain the power out of the artifact and have Magni be the link between our weapon and Azeroth's World Soul help us strengthen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hengwulf View Post
    After Argus we will be half-godlike beings of Light, not requiring any weapons to fight.
    Actually I think they've used the artifacts to explain why we're so powerful. The whole game has been about empowering these weapons - which even give us abilities we didn't possess.

Once they, smartly, take away our artifacts, we'll cease being gods and they can undue some of our unprecedented Legion power creep.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually I have hopes that one day we will lose all horde/alliance "Love and all that commander stuff" we earned and become some kind of bad guys (betrayers who were betrayed by some new leader of alliance and horde) would be hella nice!
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

I just wanna see demon hunters being forced to run around without warglaives for optimal stats. Please make it happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    You guys are making fun of him but he is right in law terms. Many of these wall of text ToS required to advance don't hold up in court due to their nature. No one reads them because it's a forced step to be able to acess the product you already paid for and have a right to. Theres no way to get your money back if you disagree with them.
    So yeah... if you have money and a laywer you can dispute them.

If you don't believe me, theres a trademark lawyer on youtube that covered the jim sterling with suicide games or whatever it's called and ask him.
    I am curious... can you show me a TOS that hasn't been upheld in court?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Strip special effects from them at level 111 and above for starters. Fold artifact appearances into the transmog system. Fold whatever artifact traits they want us to keep into the classes or some new progression system in 8.0.Have the 8.0 intro quest give us a new weapon so people without relic empowered artifacts can jump right in.

Probably, just like they have a Questline to get them, you will have a Questline to lose them.

Feral and Guardian druids would deliver to their original owners.

Frost Dks will fight with the blades or their spirits and claim the powers inside.

Ashbringer will become a symbol of the Silver Hand.

Stuff like that.

What they will do ingame, its probably let us have a copy of the blade or the originals at a set Ilvl, if they change classes again, they don't need to add none of the artifact perks, if they wont change the classes, then they just give all perks to the respective spec.
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2017-08-04 at 10:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    I've already said if they remove the Artifacts in next expansion i am quitting the game, im getting sick of blizz taking stuff out from previous expansions,its not hurting anyone keeping them in. Like the mists of Pandaria cloak quest,if people want to feel like a snowflake then just make the reward only go to epic and keep the legendary cape special.

Im pretty sure there is a law suit as well as you paid for a product at one time and then that product has all its items removed, you have essentially been robbed of said product.
    They won't be "removed", they just won't scale up with us through the next expansion... too much of Legion's content is reliant on artifact weapons to just remove them from the game, they would have to rewrite some of the questing experience and that wouldn't be owrth the effort anyways.... They will scale up to 110, and likely be disabled upon hitting 111 where we will be swapping over to 8.0 content weapon drops.

STORYwise they will be "removed" (because thats the only way to justify us stopping using them) but we will still have them in our bags, we will still be able to equip them and acquire them on new alts because all those quests will still be there..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Probably, just like they have a Questline to get them, you will have a Questline to lose them.

Feral and Guardian druids would deliver to their original owners.
    Original owners are both dead.

Frost Dks will fight with the blades or their spirits and claim the powers inside.

Ashbringer will become a symbol of the Silver Hand.

Stuff like that.

What they will do ingame, its probably let us have a copy of the blade or the originals at a set Ilvl, if they change classes again, they don't need to add none of the artifact perks, if they wont change the classes, then they just give all perks to the respective spec.

Realistically, there will likely just be a questline related to the opening of the next expansion (scenario like broken shore) that requires us to sacrifice the power of our artifact weapons, there is no other justifiable reason we would have to put them down... There is no logical reason the Highlord of the Silver Hand would ever stop using the Ashbringer, the most powerful light based weapon in the known Warcraft universe, other than it ceasing to be so.

Their power will be drained, but their physical forms will remain, and that's the part we will keep in our bags to use for transmog and whatnot.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    There will probably be a quest that involves us handing over our artifacts for a greater cause, and as a reward we'll receive a weapon with equal stats and gain all the bonuses the artifact talent tree gives us.
    Given blizz's past track with keeping things from previous expansions, the chances of us keeping ANY of the bonuses from the artifact tree is slim. At best, maybe a crucial gold will become baseline here and there.

So, the +50% stamina we get from the artifact? The useful artifact ability? Those golden perks that are SO nice to have?

Chances are, almost all of that will be gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I am curious... can you show me a TOS that hasn't been upheld in court?
    You have to ask that to a trademark lawyer.

But even if it hasn't happened it doesn't mean it can't. All you need is to take it to court and create a precedent. Usually these tiny disputes (over a 60euro/dollar game) are not worth it (the legal fee's far outweight the dispute), so sides tend to settle.

But rather than me you should ask these questions to a trademark lawyer, rather than just believe everything companies may feed you.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB...T8b8t9Qe9R-EZg This guy is a trademark lawyer and i'm sure he will be happy to answer your queries.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-08-04 at 11:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    You have to ask that to a trademark lawyer.

But even if it hasn't happened it doesn't mean it can't. All you need is to take it to court and create a precedent. Usually these tiny disputes (over a 60euro/dollar game) are not worth it (the legal fee's far outweight the dispute), so sides tend to settle.

But rather than me you should ask these questions to a trademark lawyer, rather than just believe everything companies may feed you.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB...T8b8t9Qe9R-EZg This guy is a trademark lawyer and i'm sure he will be happy to answer your queries.
    You are right, it certainly is in the realm of possibilities of happening. I'm going to go with the far more likely scenario of him being laughed out of court.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.