Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

No Master-Skin for Artifacts :(

Did anyone else expect there to be a Master-Skin for the artifacts at the end of the expansion that would require you to first unlock every other skin + the individual tints?
    I kinda did, was part of my fun/motivation unlocking them.

I think this would've been a skin to show some true dedication to a character. (the challenge mode ones will be very easily outgeared with the next raid)

Now they said they were done with artifact skins and even nerfed the requirements for the challenge mode ones (i did 30 rbg wins on my dk, quite painful i assure you)

Anyone else in the same boat?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Didn't expect it no, then it would've most likely either been announced in the earliest of early ptrs or by Blizzard.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

i was hoping for a void and light infused skin for them.

oh well i guess.

Deleted
    Dunno what they think at all. Artifact skins were done before 7.0 hit live servers, meaning they'll go 8 content patches without new weapon models.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Dunno what they think at all. Artifact skins were done before 7.0 hit live servers, meaning they'll go 8 content patches without new weapon models.
    i mean, to be fair, there's quite a bit of transmog weapons coming in 7.3

so it's not like we won't get any new weapon models at all. it's just a shame that none will be new skins for the artifacts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i mean, to be fair, there's quite a bit of transmog weapons coming in 7.3

so it's not like we won't get any new weapon models at all. it's just a shame that none will be new skins for the artifacts.
    The transmog weapons were supposed to be 7.2.5 content, the ToS meta did reward them. They were done for 7.2, FYI.

The transmog weapons were supposed to be 7.2.5 content, the ToS meta did reward them. They were done for 7.2, FYI.
    Source? Are you talking about the invasion transmog? Because those were added with the invasions just as planned.
    Kitteh is talking about the lightforged arsenal tied to Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Source? Are you talking about the invasion transmog? Because those were added with the invasions just as planned.
    No, he's talking about the Legion armaments datamined and tied to the ToS meta.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=269085/t...or-and-weapons

all this draenei stuff, then the two legion sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theres still the opportunity for it in 7.3.5. Just get on the forums and drum up attention for it, you got 5 months to get new skins in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by John Macintosh View Post
    Did anyone else expect there to be a Master-Skin for the artifacts at the end of the expansion that would require you to first unlock every other skin + the individual tints?
    I kinda did, was part of my fun/motivation unlocking them.

I think this would've been a skin to show some true dedication to a character. (the challenge mode ones will be very easily outgeared with the next raid)

Now they said they were done with artifact skins and even nerfed the requirements for the challenge mode ones (i did 30 rbg wins on my dk, quite painful i assure you)

Anyone else in the same boat?
    Having a so called masterskin does not really make sense, because Blizzard does not expect people to be good in both PVE and PVP at the same time, which would be required to have all the skins. If they put in a masterskin, they would pretty much be dangling a big reward for doing something you proberly hate for a large amount of time.

Besides, we already have a masterskin in the form of the Challenge skin, so it would just be putting sugarcoating over another layer of sugarcoating.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I noticed that very often WoW players invent something in their head and later are dissapointed that it isn't happening. We will get new weapon skins, but class only content is done after 6.2, they said it months ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Theres still the opportunity for it in 7.3.5. Just get on the forums and drum up attention for it, you got 5 months to get new skins in.
    That's... optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Hahaha, no. Art and modelling doesn't move at the speed of internet whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Having a so called masterskin does not really make sense, because Blizzard does not expect people to be good in both PVE and PVP at the same time, which would be required to have all the skins. If they put in a masterskin, they would pretty much be dangling a big reward for doing something you proberly hate for a large amount of time.

Besides, we already have a masterskin in the form of the Challenge skin, so it would just be putting sugarcoating over another layer of sugarcoating.
    You don't have to be good to get the PVP skins. You just have to grind bg's until your fingers bleed. You can afk through bg's for days to raise your prestige

I think a golden tint would have been cool, but I'm definitely not bummed about it. Also, this would have been something that would have been announced near the beginning of the expansion, or at least at BlizzCon.
    "Hope can turn into despair in a heartbeat."
    R.I.P Chester Bennington 1976-2017

Exactly. I didn't expect a "master skin" or whatever, but I did expect each content patch to include a bunch of new weapon models. Certainly at least one per artifact.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    You don't have to be good to get the PVP skins. You just have to grind bg's until your fingers bleed. You can afk through bg's for days to raise your prestige
    First of all, i don't think Blizzard would in anyway want to put you in a situation, where afking in bg's is a good thing.

2nd: Blizzard have been pretty clear for some time, that they respect alot of people either play PVE or PVP and do not go into the other. Having a master skin, that requires you to spend alot of your playtime going into BGs and proberly into rated BGs, would go against their current design philosphy. The very edge of this design is the challenge skins, which have a foot in each world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorecien View Post
    I think a golden tint would have been cool, but I'm definitely not bummed about it. Also, this would have been something that would have been announced near the beginning of the expansion, or at least at BlizzCon.
    To be honest, i think it is something they would have NEEDED to do at the beginning of the expansion if it is to work. Many people would proberly feel like they got a kick in the groin, if Blizz hid a master skin(better then the other skins) behind things, which are getting out of date. Especially when it comes to the PVP skin, which actually takes a good amount of time no matter the skill lvl.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Hahaha, no. Art and modelling doesn't move at the speed of internet whining.
    Nothing does, not even light.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7+ Year Old Account
    except with nighthold we got the balance of power skin
    and with 7.2 we got the challenge skins
    we got the hammer in ToS, we have got new scythe and sword in argus
    we have a ton of new "light" weapons coming in 7.3
    we alos got a ton of new weapons with the 7.1 invasions
    dk and pally weapons models from vendors on broken shore in 7.2

so idk what your talking about 8 content patches without any new weapon models
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good