Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

garrosh is nacho? chicken?

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    l
    when you have a WEAPON and you deliberately GRAB the opponent and throw them into a wall. Or grab an opponent and throw them into ANOTHER opponent...

that is literally the most "fight me fool" thing you could ever do.
    No, that's the LEAST "fight me fool" thing you could ever do. It's literally "get away from me and go fight someone else!"

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    No, that's the LEAST "fight me fool" thing you could ever do. It's literally "get away from me and go fight someone else!"
    Wrecking Ball is more "Out of my way, weakling!" and the allied version is "Get in there and fight, coward!". Groundbreaker and Warlord's Challenge is more "Fight me fool!".
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    "I wish he was different" is a completely valid opinion to had and provide feedback on(especially since in the future they could overhaul him to add mechanics via talents

but "he doesnt feel like garrosh" is bad feedback because you never play as him and he was a cinimatic character. there is nothing to go on. "he doesnt feel like garrosh" is an impossible standard and an objectively incorrect phrase

and "blizzard did a bad job because this isnt what i want" is an equally worthless opinion
    You bring up some great points, but I have to disagree about your latter statements. Wanting Garrosh's kit to be different and the current kit 'doesn't feel like Garrosh' are not mutually exclusive. You can have a kit that is different while adhering to a particular fantasy, even if it's not the one we are fully familiar with.

Illidan is an example of a kit that is different from Warcraft 3, different from how we've seen him in WoW, but perfectly encapsulates his fantasy. He isn't the same mana Burning, immolating fighter with a ranged demon ulti as we've played him before. The dashes and sweeping attacks are a perfect way to show off how we see him even though we've never seen him actually do these things before.

Tassadar is an example of a kit that doesn't work with his fantasy. He is fun to play in Heroes, but his kit is more appropriate for a Sentry than a High Templar who has mastered the Khala and the Void. His kit is purely built to be a support role, rather than designing to Tassadar's theme and fantasy.

Garrosh's current kit is more apporpriate to a Grappler type of hero. He slams the ground and makes rocks push enemies towards him, he Taunts enemies around him, and he tosses opponents and allies around. There's nothing wrong with the kit, but it wasn't a concept that was built to support Garrosh's fantasy. It's a displacing Solo-tank kit being applied to an existing character that fits the kit; in this case they used Garrosh. Considering the Throw mechanic is heavily inspired by Tiny from DOTA, the current kit fits a Mountain Giant far more than it would Garrosh. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this was what they designed the kit for before deciding that Garrosh would be more familiar to the audience than a generic Mountain Giant hero.

There isn't anything here that really screams 'Garrosh would totally do this'. I mean they didn't even add a leaping attack like they showed in his teaser cinematic. Plunging Gorehowl into the enemy's skull is something that fits the fantasy, not slamming the ground and displacing the enemy. Many people seem to be in agreement that this isn't how they envisioned Garrosh to be, and I agree with the sentiment that he should be a brawler like Sonya or dps-Varian rather than a grappler solo-tank like Diablo.

If it were up to me, I would do what Smite did with their Monkey King character and create a new kit that fits the character while moving the old kit onto a different Hero. Create an Adept or Preserver hero that uses shields and force walls and give them Tassadar's kit. Create a Mountain Giant hero that throws people around and give Garrosh something more brutish. That would be the best solution IMO.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-08-01 at 08:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I gave him a try and, but I have to say I enjoyed his playstyle. Granted, I only played against bots, so I may not have a completely accurate view.

I love killing enemy heroes by throwing their own minions at them when they run away. Or throwing a friendly Chromie as a diversion while I escape. It's hilarious every time. I personally prefer his cleave heroic. Pull them in with Q, toss them back with E, then cleave them with a slow and they can never escape. He's got a talent that doubles his armor (to a maximum of 75) for a few seconds that will be great for 1v1 or escaping. I think he'll make a fine bruiser and not so much a solo tank.

Chromie actually pairs with him well because you can throw people onto her traps and then she can unleash on them.

Will probably buy him just because he has references to both South Park and Futurama when you click him. That and in order to keep owning all warriors, but still those references though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    This ability also drew inspiration from a League of Legends character, Camille
    You ripped off LoL for basically EVERYTHING...

The Q is Sion's Q

The W is Kled's Q

The E isn't from LoL, but is exactly what Muradin's trait is

R1 is Warwick's ult

R2 is Camille's ult
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I played him a bit on PTR, it is rather fun and I was sceptical a little bit.

I know a lot of people expected some dumb ape throwing tantrum every second, but I like how he turned out to be. To me he truly feels like a Warchief, standing in thick of a battle and commanding his troops.

So your idea is to give him 2 baseline stuns, Muradin trait and as Heroics a 3rd stun or Arreat Crater. What is his weakness supposed to be?

If you want him to be a bruiser or assassin, he can't have high damage, a lot of CC and some sustain at the same time.
    The idea of the kit was that everything is slow, avoidable, and interruptible. If he gets that huge fully charged Q off, yes it will hurt and will probably lead to your death, but he has to get some real set up for that to happen, like chaining a rooted target and charging his Q in time for you to get pulled at the same time the Q goes off.

His weakness is his low mobility and squishiness while his passive is off CD, but the goal of the kit I made was not to be the end all be all Garrosh kit, with completely original abilities and perfect balance. It was to show how Garrosh-specific abilities could be made in HotS.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2017-08-02 at 11:57 PM.

Wait what Futurama reference is there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    The idea of the kit was that everything is slow, avoidable, and interruptible. If he gets that huge fully charged Q off, yes it will hurt and will probably lead to your death, but he has to get some real set up for that to happen, like chaining a rooted target and charging his Q in time for you to get pulled at the same time the Q goes off.

His weakness is his low mobility and squishiness while his passive is off CD, but the goal of the kit I made was not to be the end all be all Garrosh kit, with completely original abilities and perfect balance. It was to show how Garrosh-specific abilities could be made in HotS.
    Take a step back and look at overall feel of character you created.

You want him to be squishy, lacking mobility and importance of set up to follow on. This naturally makes him an Assassin as Bruiser with such kit would be broken. It has to be squishy and played patiently in order to be balanced if you want high damage.

Now, does squishy and catious Hero sounds like a Garrosh? He has been impatient, reckless and doing things head-on. He wasn't even a great fighter. He was losing most of his duels before it got interrupted or he just got 'lucky' with poisoned axe. He just got things done because he was proactive and determined, he influenced a world mainly because of his political influence, not thanks to his own 'special' powers.

It definitely depends on a point of view, but I think Warrior role fits Garrosh well as he is the leader diving first and surviving thanks to his toughness and persistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    Wait what Futurama reference is there?
    "Wanna kill all humans? .... I'll make my own Horde, without Tauren and Trolls, in fact, Forget the Horde".

lol no way. Need Bender Garrosh skin plz and in the name of equality we can have Gender Bending Garrosh with his tutu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    lol no way. Need Bender Garrosh skin plz and in the name of equality we can have Gender Bending Garrosh with his tutu.
    I feel as if Grom or a Fel orc alt skin are far more likely.

10+ Year Old Account

Damn son, this skin looks pretty neat. The only classic variation i consider cool.

But still, i am not intrested buying him instantly.

Wow, he has some great skin choices.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Damn son, this skin looks pretty neat. The only classic variation i consider cool.
    That's just a tint variation on his base skin? Nice...

Despite the lack of thematically accurate quotes, I may have to go the whole hog and pick up his Mad Max skin and mount.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    That's just a tint variation on his base skin? Nice...

Despite the lack of thematically accurate quotes, I may have to go the whole hog and pick up his Mad Max skin and mount.
    Yep it is Garrosh Blackrock tint.

He is fun but I don't see why I should pick him over Johanna or Dehaka or Anub. They all seem better.

Also this kit would've fit literally any orc warrior, nothing in it says Garrosh like how Varian can split Shalamayne

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    He is fun but I don't see why I should pick him over Johanna or Dehaka or Anub. They all seem better.

Also this kit would've fit literally any orc warrior, nothing in it says Garrosh like how Varian can split Shalamayne
    he has two abilities that have more repositioning power than any of those characters, his mitigation is passive and strong.

you should want to play him to want to play him. they arent trying to make new heroes better.

also the "replaces my two handed sword with two 1 handed swords" is something literally every RPG warrior does. D&D, finaly fantasy, warcraft.

Garrosh is an orc warrior. He has nothing special about him other than the fact that his weapon is curved. he hits stuff.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default