Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by mindpsyche View Post
    Hey, returning player here and I just dinged 99 last night and also got my Artifact weapon. Since I need to level to 110 and this is my first toon I'm kinda lost when you refer to an "Invasion", I only remember doing one round of quests at the start of Legion ending with Vol'jin dying and Sylvanas becoming the Warchief. (Is this one of the Invasions or just the intro quest line to Legion?)

After that I ended up in the Rogue Class hall which led me to the Artifact quest line and I ended up getting the Dreadblades (I'm outlaw).

So, how do I do one of these Invasions please?

Thanks
    The invasions start every 12-12,5 hours and last for 6 hours, so the 'cycle' is ~18 hours long (correct me if I'm slightly off), Ion claimed that 'The entire cycle is 4 zones every 3 days, repeating forever.' So chances are that you just haven't been online while they have been active. There is a website that counts down to the next invasion if you're interested. You'll notice the location with a big green circle covering one of the areas when you open your Broken Isles map.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    if am level 79 will inviasion give me any exp ? and equivalent or nothing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    The invasions start every 12-12,5 hours and last for 6 hours, so the 'cycle' is ~18 hours long (correct me if I'm slightly off), Ion claimed that 'The entire cycle is 4 zones every 3 days, repeating forever.' So chances are that you just haven't been online while they have been active. There is a website that counts down to the next invasion if you're interested. You'll notice the location with a big green circle covering one of the areas when you open your Broken Isles map.

Thanks! Yes, found the website, there is one going on right now. But I'm at work

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    One invasion quest gives you ~ 60k XP and some of them have the bonus to give you additional XP bringing it to ~ 90-100k. Most invasions have 2 or 3 of them so at least every invasion gives you 75% of a level, sometimes more. But invasions can be really tedious if you're doing them alone, there are some really really annoying quests for low level chars (but still doable). Leveled 5 alts to 110 in the last weeks with invasions (and questing). Usually took me 2-3 days from 100-110.

LOL you are getting 75% of a level and it is STILL tedious to you. Thats ridiculous.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Get heirlooms and flying do invasion quests... 100-110 takes about Give or take 2-4 hours. played.

Considering you get 2.5 levels per invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    LOL you are getting 75% of a level and it is STILL tedious to you. Thats ridiculous.
    Some quests are. Did you do invasions with level 100 characters? There are some quests that are very hard to solo if you're low with bad equipment.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    55% xp from heirlooms (including 2 rings (1 garrison / 1 sunday fishing content, both easy to get now, I did it in 7.1)

Invasions give great xp then. Other then that, quest quest quest. You want to do all the quests for rep at least once on a main/1st char.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    if am level 79 will inviasion give me any exp ? and equivalent or nothing ?
    No you can't even get the quests before 98 or remotely survive.

As this is your first character, mindpsyche, it's better to not do these invasions. You miss the reputation if you are not doing the questlines. And if I'm not mistaken, you don't get world quests without friendly rep.
    Furthermore you don't have flying, which makes it harder to get to these invasions. But the most important part is the missing gear. As a new player you pretty much don't know the quick ways to get gear and survive stuff
    Edit: at 110 these invasions are very valuable, as you get many Nethershards (but not while leveling) for 850 (400 each) or 880 (5000 each)) gear.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2017-08-04 at 03:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Depends, do you want to level up FAST as in you need to get your <class> to a raid next week or do you want to just get it over with because you hate legion levelling?

If it's the latter just do Legion invasion world quests when they pop up on all your alts. Let's you batch level them in little over a week. That's what I did to get 12 characters to 110 pre heirlooms.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-08-06 at 10:04 AM.

Deleted
    Anyone else remember pre cata levelling guides? Those were the days

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post

If I level to 110 on invasions and no quests, I will have totally shit gear and hit like a wet noodle. How did you solve the gear issue? (I know that 4000 Nethershards wll buy me full 850 gear on the BI, but I fear I wouldn't even make it through the invasion scenario at 110 on shitty gear)

Guess I should do a few 5 mans inbetween....
    Have a set of like BoE 850 crafted in bag (might not work I always equipped the stuff), a 970 crafted legendary inflates it too.

Do WQ, fill out some more slots with the next invasion which you need to progress the legionfall story.

Relics are the only hurdle imo.

I had some trouble with the invasion scenario one time but it's about luck, sometimes you get paired with 800ish people, sometimes with 920+. Everything else, WQ groups.

7.3 offers more catchup gear in the form of 880 BoA tokens which are basicly dauntless 2.0. (new currency tho)

7.3 also means instant 3rd relic slot, and mega-AP from AK41-55 whatever the week we're in which is still 4-150x faster then now, without needing the quest to unlock new traits.

WQ gear scales dynamically, and pretty generously like 10-15 itemlevels above your own sometimes, if you get some gear like the same day, they scale up before completing them.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-08-06 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    100 to 110 in 7hr 42min played... 5 invasions.
    7 hours played in how many days ? leveling via invasions is totaly bullshit ....

in the time u wait for the next one u could get already 2 or 3 level via questing with heierlooms .
    waiting for another invasion is a waist of time, even if u go to your main char and play there...its still REAL time u play
    and it dosent matter, if u play 3 hours a day toon A and 7 hours your main ...its still 10 hours ...
    and in this 10 hours iam done with 2 areas already

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've just been leaving my alts in Dalaran to rack up rested and having them fly out to do invasions when they come up. Heirlooms + WQGF = all of 2 hours ingame playtime between 100-110 at most.

Right, upgraded 4 pieces of Heirloom. XP went up from 60k to 82k per objective and sometimes there is bonus XP. So indeed, sound advice with invasions and heirlooms, I did gain a level per Invasions when doing a full zone (6+ objectives)

Now my problem: At lv 102, my heirlooms have ilv 707, while the quest items I would have gotten are easily 715-725 here (with a piece of 800 from finishing the first major quest in a zone)

If I level to 110 on invasions and no quests, I will have totally shit gear and hit like a wet noodle. How did you solve the gear issue? (I know that 4000 Nethershards wll buy me full 850 gear on the BI, but I fear I wouldn't even make it through the invasion scenario at 110 on shitty gear)

Do a couple five man dungeons, but mostly a few gear World Quests. That's what I've done. Get to 800ish and you're fine. Just use the group finder for the hard quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, upgraded 4 pieces of Heirloom. XP went up from 60k to 82k per objective and sometimes there is bonus XP. So indeed, sound advice with invasions and heirlooms, I did gain a level per Invasions when doing a full zone (6+ objectives)

Now my problem: At lv 102, my heirlooms have ilv 707, while the quest items I would have gotten are easily 715-725 here (with a piece of 800 from finishing the first major quest in a zone)

your heirlooms will be 800 @ 110... I have a blacksmith, tailor, jeweler and inscriptionist so when I hit 110 I just swapped to all 850 stuff that I had made and set aside for him. Within a day or two you have WQs for 855 or better, and 2-3 more invasions and you are ready to start sharding for 880 stuff.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, thanks, that is comforting info
    If you were on my server I'd do what I could to help you out.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.