Page 8 of 675 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    SA with 2 1/2 good football countrys is harder as europe ?
    There's a difference between "countries not known for their footballing prowess" and "countries with a population of 50,000 and have a pub landlord in goal"

And I didn't say it was harder i said "if anything". It's definitely not easier.

Deleted
    SA with 2 1/2 good football countrys is harder as europe ?
    If you think that a Brazilian league is comparable to the EPL then I suggest you rethink your sport.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    If you think that a Brazilian league is comparable to the EPL then I suggest you rethink your sport.
    No1 said anything about Brazilian league. They mentioned the national team. IIRC didn't Bolivia beat Argentina 6-1 couple years ago? South America World Cup qualifiers is amongs the toughest if not the toughest

SA qualifying is the toughest in the world, no doubt about it. About Neymar, a lot of his goals for Brazil come from friendlies not qualifiers though

In today's insane market I see Coutinho as maybe a 60 million player. Barca should go for Dembele, amazing player and then he could stop terrorising Bayern.

What are your thoughts on the incoming supercups?

Most Barca fans I know want them to go after Dembele or Dybala. If they got Coutinho, they would need to get an additional player I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Most Barca fans I know want them to go after Dembele or Dybala. If they got Coutinho, they would need to get an additional player I think.
    I dont get that tho. Isn't Dybala more of a striker and Dembele more a right winger/attacker? Wouldn't it be better to get someone like Coutinho who already playes in kind of the same position as Neymar?

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    I dont get that tho. Isn't Dybala more of a striker and Dembele more a right winger/attacker? Wouldn't it be better to get someone like Coutinho who already playes in kind of the same position as Neymar?
    You can't replace Neymar like for like. They will have to change a bit how they play. Messi is already more of a 10 this preseason and not a striker, so there is an opportunity to get a top class forward like Dybala. And Dembele looks to be a generational talent that you have to go for. I think Coutinho looks to be more of an Iniesta replacement more than anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah ye thats true enough. If they change tactics Dybala would most likely be a very good transfer. Will atleast be very interesting to see. No matter who they go for its most likely gonna be rather expensive atleast!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    SA qualifying is the toughest in the world, no doubt about it. About Neymar, a lot of his goals for Brazil come from friendlies not qualifiers though
    Just sit doon.

No danger that South America is the hardest.

Isnt it a bit unfair to compair Europe vs SA ?
    Maybe but it's not like SA is bad. Chile, brazil, Argentina would all give the top teams of Europe a run on thier day. I could have compared his goal tally and chances created in the league but then people would say barcelona is better than chelsea which is true. So if you can't compare players in a different league you only have international left and neymar can carry that brazil team and the stats reflect it. Hazard hasn't won anything with Belgium and he is already older than Neymar and has less goals.

Only epl or chelsea fanboys would say he's a better player

Where is more difficult? Europe? Don't make me laugh

SA is the most difficult qualifying region, full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post

What are your thoughts on the incoming supercups?
    If we had bailly I'd say get ready for the Mourinho masterclass but with smalling/lindelof at the back vs real madrid, that's legit scary

- - - Updated - - -

Standing next to valencia as he shoves someone should definitely mean you miss two finals. Football governing bodies doing good work there. I like how they wait till the final is close too so you have plenty of time to prepare

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Maybe but it's not like SA is bad. Chile, brazil, Argentina would all give the top teams of Europe a run on thier day. I could have compared his goal tally and chances created in the league but then people would say barcelona is better than chelsea which is true. So if you can't compare players in a different league you only have international left and neymar can carry that brazil team and the stats reflect it. Hazard hasn't won anything with Belgium and he is already older than Neymar and has less goals.

Only epl or chelsea fanboys would say he's a better player
    I dont know, the last 12 years the 3 big SA teams dont even met Spain or Italy in big games and get destroyed alone by the Dutch and Germans and its not like France and Portugal are small frys.

I dont know, the last 12 years the 3 big SA teams dont even met Spain or Italy in big games and get destroyed alone by the Dutch and Germans and its not like France and Portugal are small frys.
    Argentina nearly won the world cup but pulled a Higauin

Argentina nearly won the world cup but pulled a Higauin
    And if the refs would nearly did there job it would be 9 vs 11 and germany would repeat a 7-1.

And if the refs would nearly did there job it would be 9 vs 11 and germany would repeat a 7-1.
    That 7-1 vs brazil game was one of those crazy one off games that stunned the footballing world. Pressure of hosting the cup expecting to win it and David luiz in defense. It's hardly the standard to be repeated again

That 7-1 vs brazil game was one of those crazy one off games that stunned the footballing world. Pressure of hosting the cup expecting to win it and David luiz in defense. It's hardly the standard to be repeated again
    Its the WC, every of the last 4/8 teams got that pressure and after all that quater and semi loses on germanys side i bet it was even more pressure to finaly win a big titel. And comeon Brasil played not 1 good game that WC, they had a big loss coming vs the top teams.

Its the WC, every of the last 4/8 teams got that pressure and after all that quater and semi loses on germanys side i bet it was even more pressure to finaly win a big titel. And comeon Brasil played not 1 good game that WC, they had a big loss coming vs the top teams.
    Fair comment all teams had pressure but there was defiantly more on brazil with hosting it and having thier best player injured. That brazil team didn't hold a candle to previous brazil teams you are right, so doesn't that make neymar goal tally for them even more impressive? Which was the original point.

Mbappe clutching his knee..

just a small scare