Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    TIL: Rape is not rape because if you just call it drunken sex then that makes it not rape.
    TIL: All PIV is rape. Oh wait no, I knew that already from some blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    yeah but thats the argument going around here

Any form of alcohol, specifically involving a female, automatically makes it rape
    Nobody is arguing that. Keep tilting at the windmills though.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're both so shitfaced that you can't consent then sex isn't happening as you both are too drunk for even engaging in it.
    shitfaced isnt the same as passed out.

People being shitfaced makes sex more likely.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    I am concerned with a potential predator who could target other women in the future. That makes me horrible?
    You are a potential predator, so apparently, you should tell everyone you are a rapist.

Your logic is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Here's a thought...

Some of you need to have a nice heart to heart with your mothers about having sex with woman that can't legally consent. Post what you find out from mom here.
    "Don't have sex with strangers, if you do make sure you're both sober" Good advise from my mom.

shitfaced isnt the same as passed out.

People being shitfaced makes sex more likely.
    No, people being shitfaced makes sex very unlikely. People being drunk makes sex more likely, not shitfaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    All sex? How about just the sex to which the drunk victim objects?

I know some of you are going to keep seeking some "pie in the sky" perfect balance for this question and there isn't any such thing to be found. Laws concerning rape are basically anti-creep laws. Don't be a creep, it's really not that hard.
    While the number of cases may be small, there are still cases of legitimately false rape charges, and based on the evidence of this one, I'd put this under the same umbrella. Guys can be totally not creepy and still get hit with a false rape charge. Those are the cases I'm focusing on, not the much larger number of legitimate rape charges. Because IMO, if even one persons life is completely ruined by a false rape charge (which there are several cases) that's one person too many.

The "victim" in this case, very clearly initiated the encounter, so she didn't object. I can't speak to exactly what happened in the room, but everything up to the point she got him to her room suggested she was the initiator, made a decision to take this guy to her dorm and boink him, and wanted it to happen. Her inability to remember her actions the next day, if that's even to be believed, does not absolve her of the decisions she made quite coherently based on the evidence the night before.

A person should not be able to initiate sexual activity, or very clearly invite it, go through with the act and then make a claim of not remembering clearly and slap a rape charge against the other person. You regretting a bad decision to have drunken sex does not mean you were raped. That said, I'm aware that there can be a very thin line between drunken consensual sex and drunken rape.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am concerned with a potential predator who could target other women in the future. That makes me horrible?
    potential dsnt make it actual.

That's why a court exists to rule over the situation
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You are a potential predator, so apparently, you should tell everyone you are a rapist.

Your logic is absurd.
    Can't remember ever being accused of rape. So no. Nice try.

I never said anything about walking, did I? Your straw man argument fell flat. Try again.
    You said her leading someone to her room showed she was t too drunk to consent. Citing your claims and refuting them isn't a strawman.

potential dsnt make it actual.

That's why a court exists to rule over the situation
    As I said, the court found him not guilty. As it should.

BUUUUUUT, that does not mean that women should not be made aware so that they can avoid him to minimize potential risk.

Can't remember ever being accused of rape. So no. Nice try.
    You raped me.

There, now you have been accused of rape.

By your very logic, everyone gets to call you a rapist from now on.

Nobody is arguing that.
    I'm sorry, what? That's the entire basis of your side's argument.

Code:
    if(Find(Factor$) == "Alcohol") then PIVType$ = "Rape"

Quote Originally Posted by Xaikar View Post
    Also there is no consent paperwork, give it a few years there will be I will put at least a $1 on that.
    I can assure you that dental work usually requires consent forms.

Consent issues have given rise to "consent apps" for smart phones, but I doubt that such apps actually confer any real legal protection. Why not? Because the crux of the matter is state of mind and the ability to meaningfully consent.
    Last edited by Louisa Bannon; 2017-08-04 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    You might want to stop, every time you type, the only thing we can hear is "woooosssshhhhhhh" over your head. You're wrong, have been wrong since your first post, and no attempt to sound smart is going to make you smart.

You must be new here @ MMOC. /facepalm
    See, this is an actual strawman. Doesn't engage with any claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyuvarax View Post
    You said her leading someone to her room showed she was t too drunk to consent. Citing your claims and refuting them isn't a strawman.
    You are the one who brought up walking, trying to move the goalposts.

At that point in time, she was clearly in control, and was consenting to the current action. That is all I have stated.

You raped me.

There, now you have been accused of rape.

By your very logi, everyone gets to call you a rapist from now on.
    Not my logic at all. Seriously, this is just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    I'm sorry, what? That's the entire basis of your side's argument.
    My side's argument. What side do I belong to?

It actually is your logic.

- - - Updated - - -

My side's argument. What side do I belong to?
    Not taking the bait.

Infracted
    Last edited by McTroll; 2017-08-04 at 06:22 PM.

No, that is literally your logic. You stated that rape occurs more than false accusations of rape, so we should all believe her, and accuse him of being a rapist. You have been accused, so by YOUR logic, we all get to call you a rapist.

Once again, that is what you have been saying the entire time.