Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    It actually is your logic.
    You guy's reading comprehension is just sad.

Not taking the bait.
    That's not bait. You're trying to ascribe opinions to me that I do not hold based on some group you perceive me to be part of, so, what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    So than shouldn't the women be charged with having sex while drunk? Unless the man forced her to have sex, which is then actually rape.
    Forced isn't the bar courts consider. It's consent. And if he was deemed drunk by the court and she initiated intercourse by sticking his genitals inside her then she'd be on the hook for rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    She should go to jail for providing a false rape charge, IMO. Either that or there needs to be legal ramifications for organizations that take negative action towards someone who was found not guilt/ falsely accused of rape. The fact that a mere accusation can ruin someone's life is appalling.
    Make a law that forbids all media from reporting people's names until a guilty verdict is handed down, simple as that. If that were the case, none of us would ever have even known this guys name, let alone his consensual sex in which he was accused of rape which will now follow him around forever. Even though he is innocent and has video proof showing she was willing and the instigator, he will always have that stigma of "Hey, wasn't this guy investigated for rape?"

I do believe there is a law in place already to punish people like this, that being the filing a false police report, which can vary between a misdemeanor and a felony. Also, he can most likely go after her in civil court for defamation of character.

The only part above I disagree with you with is the "Not guilty" part. You can rape someone, but they can wait too long to the point there isn't enough physical evidence to convict you. You're still guilty, but not guilty in the court of law. People like that shouldn't be punished for a not guilty verdict. False accusations, yes, throw the book at people that do that, they deserve extremely harsh punishments.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Nobody is arguing that. Keep tilting at the windmills though.
    Some aren't arguing that specifically, but the presence of alcohol in cases like this makes consent difficult to determine and some people have difficulty holding a person with ANY alcohol in their system accountable for their actions and claim that because they had ANY alcohol means they can't consent, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    If that were the case, none of us would ever have even known this guys name
    Hahaha, do you truly believe that?

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    I can assure you that dental work usually requires consent forms.

Consent issues have given rise to "consent apps" for smart phones, but I doubt that such apps actually confer any real legal protection. Why not? Because the crux of the matter is state of mind and the ability to meaningfully consent.
    I assure you dental work does, but not after I am under the influence of something. Did you even read what you wrote first. You said AFTER I was on Nitrous Oxide. So I have the choice to sign the documents or leave... Funny there is that word in there. Choice.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, people being shitfaced makes sex very unlikely. People being drunk makes sex more likely, not shitfaced.
    lol very unlikely?

Just gonna assume you never had alcohol
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No, that is literally your logic. You stated that rape occurs more than false accusations of rape, so we should all believe her, and accuse him of being a rapist. You have been accused, so by YOUR logic, we all get to call you a rapist.

Once again, that is what you have been saying the entire time.
    I know you think this is some major Gotcha! for you. I'm just not sure if it based on you being obtuse or actively bad faith.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, what? That's the entire basis of your side's argument.

Code:
    if(Find(Factor$) == "Alcohol") then PIVType$ = "Rape"
    You're code isnt protecting females bro, you shit lord! It should be
    Code:
    if(Find(Factor$) == "Alcohol") then PIVType$ = "Rape";
    elseif(Find(Gender$.Accuser) == "Female") { 
           SendToGulag(Defendant); 
    }

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    lol very unlikely?

Just gonna assume you never had alcohol
    I have and when people have been shitfaced they've not been in a condition to have sex. They can't even stand up.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    "Rape is more common than false accusation of rape."

"Also, I find the notion of anybody's life being ruined over a "false accusation" hilarious.

"We have actual, proven rapists winning Oscars."

"Hoooowever, given how far more likely it is that he did indeed rape her means that it si prudent for other students to socially shun him and warn all women of the danger that he poses."

"It is a he said, she said situation. And given rape being far more common it is prudent to believe her instead of him and act accordingly. Why should I believe him?"

"Legally he is not guilty. Does not mean there shouldn't be social consequences."

"I'm not the justice system. I have no legal obligation to think him innocent."

"Not really. Again, rape more likely. So believing women is prudent."

Once again, that is literally what you are trying to argue. Therefore, if anyone accuses you of rape, by your logic, there should be social consequences for you.

At this point, you are arguing against your own words.

- - - Updated - - -

I know you think this is some major Gotcha! for you. I'm just not sure if it based on you being obtuse or actively bad faith.
    My best argument is your own words, they have been provided.

Not any sadder than your arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    While the number of cases may be small, there are still cases of legitimately false rape charges, and based on the evidence of this one, I'd put this under the same umbrella.
    Exactly the reason to pout this before a jury and not to have judge do an end run around the proper legal process.

Others have noted that the video is only evidence of what happened at that time, not what happened before and not what happened after.

Anyone can give the nod to go ahead, and then just before you go "balls deep" say "Oh wait, I changed my mind." That's legally how it works. You can be "prick teased" or whatever, and then you have to eat it raw.

People have the right to say "no" at any time.

The judge is basically saying that this victim doesn't have that right because the video disqualifies everything else. Which is absurd.

That's not bait. You're trying to ascribe opinions to me that I do not hold based on some group you perceive me to be part of, so, what is it?
    Again, not taking the bait.

In a sane world there would be repercussions for false accusations, if said accusations were found by the court to be made for the purposes of maliciousness or profit.

However, it will be a very long time before this ever happens, if at all. Because no politician is going to push for stricter law enforcement concerning false accusations, because certain misguided people would publicly skip the already-irrational claim that said politician is "going easy on rapists," and go straight to calling said politician a literal rapist.

And the moral of the story is, this is an insane world made so by some insane people.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Once again, that is literally what you are trying to argue. Therefore, if anyone accuses you of rape, by your logic, there should be social consequences for you.

At this point, you are arguing against your own words.
    Literally, physically in the same room vs never met. Yeah I'm going with maliciously bad faith here.

Again, not taking the bait.
    Again, it's not bait to ask what group you think I am a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Make a law that forbids all media from reporting people's names until a guilty verdict is handed down, simple as that. If that were the case, none of us would ever have even known this guys name, let alone his consensual sex in which he was accused of rape which will now follow him around forever. Even though he is innocent and has video proof showing she was willing and the instigator, he will always have that stigma of "Hey, wasn't this guy investigated for rape?"

I do believe there is a law in place already to punish people like this, that being the filing a false police report, which can vary between a misdemeanor and a felony. Also, he can most likely go after her in civil court for defamation of character.

The only part above I disagree with you with is the "Not guilty" part. You can rape someone, but they can wait too long to the point there isn't enough physical evidence to convict you. You're still guilty, but not guilty in the court of law. People like that shouldn't be punished for a not guilty verdict. False accusations, yes, throw the book at people that do that, they deserve extremely harsh punishments.
    I will concede that, at the very least, not guilty verdicts and the people involved need to be handled on a case by case basis. My concern, again, is that the life of someone who didn't actually commit rape has their life destroyed by the accusation.

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    In a sane world there would be repercussions for false accusations, if said accusations were found by the court to be made for the purposes of maliciousness or profit.

However, it will be a very long time before this ever happens, if at all. Because no politician is going to push for stricter law enforcement concerning false accusations, because certain misguided people would publicly skip the already-irrational claim that said politician is "going easy on rapists," and go straight to calling said politician a literal rapist.

And the moral of the story is, this is an insane world made so by some insane people.
    Repercussions for false accusations already exist.