Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    The vocal minority cares about the game, that's why they're vocal...
    There are many different vocal minorities, not all of them think hardcore raiding is all there is.

Reading the forums you'd think you were in the minority haha.
    I'm kinda in the same boat. I've played since BC and was in a small but tight-knit guild up till Cata. Since then I've pretty much played 'single player mode', though my wife and I often play together. We have our own guild that's just us, our alts, and a guild bank full of shared mats haha. I miss playing with friends but I absolutely don't miss the pressure of raiding. Sure finally downing a boss after failing over and over again made me feel epic, but (personally) the reward was not worth the nights full of stress, hating on guild mates that make slight mistakes and spending all your time online min/maxing.
    Now my schedule only allows me to play online a couple days a week so I accept that I'm not gonna be as caught up as most people. I use LFR to experience the raids/story without stress, I've yet to do any mythic instances and I mainly spend my time just playing the game the way I want to. I still don't understand why so many people are against LFR or people casually playing the game. I mean, I can see how people who do mythic raiding would get pissed when someone who casually plays can have similar or better gear but other than that what does it matter if different people play for different reasons? Why is it bad to give everyone a way to play the game their way? There are people out there that dedicate a hell of a lot of time and effort to the game and it doesn't effect me. There's also people out there that spend even less time and effort than I do and it also doesn't effect me. People are strange.

Quote Originally Posted by God Among Men View Post
    I don't even use LFR. I wait til the next expac, and then solo the 10M version just to see the content and farm the tmogs.
    Likewise. Nice shit-free experience.

I'm going to say something about minority and majorities along with other stuff to sound important. Even though it's already been said. But still..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    Like someone said already, you can stay casual and go up the difficulty, you dont have to but you could find yourself enjoying it. I play about 7 hours a week, 2 raid nights of 3 hours. One night is normal clear, other is heroic progress, later during the tier, its mythic progress + heroic clear. The extra hour is to do the missions etc for free AP.
    People who say this mean well usually but miss the point for some of us (I'm mostly like OP). I raided for years but I simply don't WANT to be committed for even 2 evenings at this point. I have the time but there's enough instances where I get to raid night and really just don't want to have to sit in front of the computer for 3 hours that I don't feel like signing up. Either I don't want to play at all or I am into playing but don;'t want to be committed to playing for the entire 3 hours of raid time. The other issue is that my guild raids Thursday and Saturday (used to be Fri/Sat) and those are nights when I go out often enough that my attendance would go in the crapper OR I'd be passing up RL social things to play a video game which... no. Not doing that.

LFR lets you do a wing, then go watch Netflix or whatever. No one gets in your face about not doing another 4 bosses.

Now, I *have* done some low-mid level M+ and I've tagged along on some normal and even heroic bosses when I logged in on a raid night and they invited me. But if I was raiding regularly I'd feel that I need to be there each night, every week... and I just don't really want to.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-08-04 at 06:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to live to raid but all the difficulties just burns me out and I dread raid nights.......so I stopped and just work on alts and other things and if I don't feel like it that day I just do something else.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm with the OP (and apparently many others).

With that being said, after playing this way for the entire Xpac (I haven't raided since Wrath and am playing regularly for the first time in years), I find myself craving more organized group content as I do miss the challenge and camaraderie that is missing from LFR/LFD. LFR/LFD has been great to complete quests, farm AP and see the content, but there is, at least for me, a sense of missing accomplishment when we down a boss (no nerd screams over Vent). This is the beauty of today's WoW, there is something for everyone and with catch-up mechanisms like LFR, Vendors, Crafted Gear, etc... a so called "casual" can easily start raiding with a guild at anytime if he or she so desires.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Actualy game would have far more players than it have now.
    lol no. Raiders have always been the extreme minority in WoW, even when endgame was literally "raid or die."

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    Sadly you are the most catered to type of player.
    Why is it sad that they cater to LFR/Normal/Heroic players? Mythic raiders make up less than 5% of the WoW population. Why cater to that group?

Casuals aren't the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And people in Mythic would also run heroic or normal for exactly the same reason.
    That isnt a problem with LFR, simple as that.
    Its a player problem, taking every opportunity for progression and then complaining about it.
    Hence the AP "grind", because it is there - you do it, and then it is someone else's fault.
    Thats true but Blizzard could have fixed this and actually sort of did in WoD where the easy content wasn't as rewarding and that was clearly a better system.
    Letting players get the best items in the game for AFKing in LFR is absolutely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    ..but I was wondering if there are others that play the game like I do?

LFR is my end game. I never do any mythic dungeons and just depend on LFD to get groups for dungeons I have to complete for quests like my class campaign.

I do have 3 legendaries on my main and my ilevel is 897. I am waiting for 7.3 to push that up over 900.

I would love to know if there other extreme casuals around..
    You are the majority, actually you are less casual than most because you actually post here. Most people posting here are people who think about the game and play the game a lot, that's why you get the feel that you are in the minority. But the fact is, most WoW players are SO CASUAL they do their little things and then just move on, don't think about the game, don't talk about it, don't go on forums. Their voice is not heard, they don't have to be heard because they don't run into balancing issues, everything is easy and simple they just enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Thats true but Blizzard could have fixed this and actually sort of did in WoD where the easy content wasn't as rewarding and that was clearly a better system.
    Another expansion like WoD and you won't even have a system to whine about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Waaaah, waaaah, muh casuals are destroying muh game, waaaah!

Dude, there is a game there for you too, trust me. I raid on the heroic level, I have no problems with the game being mostly tailored towards casual players, because I have my niche in the game. Normal raiders do too. Mythic raiders do too. PvPers do too.
    Wow someone sure is quick to tear up and play the game of jump to conclusions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    ..but I was wondering if there are others that play the game like I do?

LFR is my end game. I never do any mythic dungeons and just depend on LFD to get groups for dungeons I have to complete for quests like my class campaign.

I do have 3 legendaries on my main and my ilevel is 897. I am waiting for 7.3 to push that up over 900.

I would love to know if there other extreme casuals around..
    There are many like you.

But what in blazes is a VAST MINORITY lol.

yeah, this is how i am.

won't touch anything higher anymore, even though i do got the ability for it. i just don't want to have to put that much effort into the game.

The vast VAST majority playing this game, plays it on a casual basis and don't commit to organised gameplay such as proper raiding.

So don't worry, have fun!

I belong to the minority in 2 ways. Hours spent on the game, + raiding HC/Mythic. I still enjoy most of the things that casual players enjoy and am glad that the game caters to more than 1 style.

WoD is the perfect example on why they can't afford trying to treat the casuals and unorganised players as second-class citizens. Not only did the expansion not deliver content outside of raids, but it also made damned sure that anything below Normal was shit-tier in terms of rewards, appearances and mechanics.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-08-04 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    Another expansion like WoD and you won't even have a system to whine about.
    What does this even mean?
    Legion is not doing much better than WoD so, you know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    won't touch anything higher anymore, even though i do got the ability for it. i just don't want to have to put that much effort into the game.
    Because the game is poorly designed and there is nothing special (for you) in higher difficulties?

Or you won't do higher difficulties no matter how many epic rare pixels they throw at you? Even if it was a shower of endless prestigious rewards?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    The vast VAST majority playing this game, plays it on a casual basis and don't commit to organised gameplay such as proper raiding.

So don't worry, have fun!

I belong to the minority in 2 ways. Hours spent on the game, + raiding HC/Mythic. I still enjoy most of the things that casual players enjoy and am glad that the game caters to more than 1 style.

WoD is the perfect example on why they can't afford trying to treat the casuals and unorganised players as second-class citizens. Not only did the expansion not deliver content outside of raids, but it also made damned sure that anything below Normal was shit-tier in terms of rewards, appearances and mechanics.
    Like it should be. Rewards was not one of WoDs problems. Lack of intresting things to do was.
    Rewarding people for nothing is not good for the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    A vast amount of people play as you do. If you enjoy pushing your ilevel, I'd be remiss not to tell you that using the LFD for a Normal difficulty raid isn't all that difficult, and if you find a good group, can easily be done in 1 1/2 or 2 hours. I do it on my alts, which I also play very casually.
    "Better numbers" is not exactly a exciting reward for casual players.

Is just numbers.