Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Are there laws that prevent this?
    Innocent until proven guilty is kind of a thing in our society. Even if statistically every single man in this nation commits rape at least once in their life (Which obviously isn't true) then you would still need to prove that this person committed the crime.

Arguments like this are why the MRA and MGTOW people exist
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2017-08-04 at 06:57 PM.

I'll be honest, I haven't seen someone get slapped down in a forum this badly in a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Public mischief

140 (1) Every one commits public mischief who, with intent to mislead, causes a peace officer to enter on or continue an investigation by

(a) making a false statement that accuses some other person of having committed an offence;

(b) doing anything intended to cause some other person to be suspected of having committed an offence that the other person has not committed, or to divert suspicion from himself;

(c) reporting that an offence has been committed when it has not been committed; or

(d) reporting or in any other way making it known or causing it to be made known that he or some other person has died when he or that other person has not died.

(2) Every one who commits public mischief

(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years; or

(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

Maximum of 5 years seems plenty enough for something like this and is most certainly not negligible.

And you believe that the max sentence is handed out every time? Ha!

And I'm the guy who "doesn't know". Your arrogance knows no bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You tried to say that we were never physically present together, that makes you a rape apologist by your own words.
    Not really. You are merely reducing my arguments to absurdism.

Believe me, he didn't need to. You did an amazing job of doing that yourself.

Some how regret became rape to a lot of people. You can regret sleeping with someone and it not be rape. I mean if someone can be to out of control drunk to say yes or no than can't someone be to drunk to not control themselves to fuck. I mean it's a really shitty thing to say but if drink damages one side of the equation to the point of yes and ok being no and cannot than where are the fucking lines really being blurred. To force yourself on a person is flat wrong to do. If you or someone else is blacked out and someone does it than it's bad. But if someone is walking around a party, chatting, refilling drinks, and leading the other into the bedroom I have to say mental functions are still operating at acceptable levels.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be honest, I haven't seen someone get slapped down in a forum this badly in a very long time.
    Honestly, he'd be better off if he admits his view is slightly sexist, and that he tends to favor women in such cases.

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    And you believe that the max sentence is handed out every time? Ha!
    No? But you don't need to hand out the maximum sentence every time. Severity is what it's based on.

And I'm the guy who "doesn't know". Your arrogance knows no bounds.
    You started talking about perjury when I inquired about laws about false accusations. Perjury only applies in court, not before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Honestly, he'd be better off if he admits his view is slightly sexist, and that he tends to favor women in such cases.
    It would be a pretty boring forum if people like that had that kind of self awareness.

Slightly? This is textbook sexism. He is assuming that because the accused is a man he is a rapist even when all the actual evidence points otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Some how regret became rape to a lot of people. You can regret sleeping with someone and it not be rape. I mean if someone can be to out of control drunk to say yes or no than can't someone be to drunk to not control themselves to fuck. I mean it's a really shitty thing to say but if drink damages one side of the equation to the point of yes and ok being no and cannot than where are the fucking lines really being blurred. To force yourself on a person is flat wrong to do. If you or someone else is blacked out and someone does it than it's bad. But if someone is walking around a party, chatting, refilling drinks, and leading the other into the bedroom I have to say mental functions are still operating at acceptable levels.

Regrets involve taking a part of responsibility. Do you expect anyone to put up with that?

I'm literally using your own words. Thanks for admitting they are absurd.

I haven't, though. You being willfully obtuse just shows that you can't win an argument in good faith.

Sometimes it's just better to slink off. However, I'm enjoying that he wants to continue putting up a fight. The willfully ignorant people always fight the longest.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't, though. You being willfully obtuse just shows that you can't win an argument in good faith.
    I won an argument using your own words against you.

You literally beat yourself. You kicked your own ass on this one, sorry.

No? But you don't need to hand out the maximum sentence every time. Severity is what it's based on.
    My point exactly! And in these cases, all I'm saying is that what's being handed is merely a slap on the wrist, while you seem to imply that max sentence was being handed. Which couldn't be further from the truth.

You started talking about perjury when I inquired about laws about false accusations. Perjury only applies in court, not before.
    Simply because one can lead to the other, yes, when the case goes to trial. Both are not mutually exclusive. Nice try.

My point exactly! And in these cases, all I'm saying is that what's being handed is merely a slap on the wrist, while you seem to imply that max sentence was being handed. Which couldn't be further from the truth.
    Being sentenced to prison for saying something is not a slap on the wrist. If you received 2 years for murder that would be a slap on the wrist. Slap on the wrist would be community service for saying something.

Being sentenced to prison is not a slap on the wrist.
    It's not ALWAYS an imprisonment sentence. Especially not with girls caught lying on that matter, given the subject's sensitive nature. That would rile every womens' right group under the sun like nobody's business. And especially not minors.

What are you trying to accomplish here?

Slap on the wrist would be community service for saying something.
    Which is what they end up getting, in reality.
    Last edited by McTroll; 2017-08-04 at 07:07 PM.

I won an argument using your own words against you.

You literally beat yourself. You kicked your own ass on this one, sorry.
    By expecting basic comprehension?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    This young man's life could have been destroyed because of this liar. It saddens me when people do this because it makes victims of real rape less believable.
    I like it how the Californian DA of all people is not going to refile charges, yet the college is still conducting its kangaroo court with criteria of evidence and guilt akin to wet shit. In4 Endus pops up and says that college administration expelling him over something they weren't personally involved with is totally the same as an employer firing an employee because they personally caught them stealing office supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Gentlemen, and I use the term loosely, this isn't a tough nut to crack.

If a woman is under the influence, she cannot consent.

If she is unknown to you, you would be esp. foolish to move forward to sex.

Judge in this case seems to think he's god. His opinions about video footage seems to fly in the face of the uncontroverted assertion that the woman was drunk and could not therefore consent. Behaving inappropriately while drunk is fairly common and doesn't somehow give her the ability to grant consent if a drunk woman cannot consent.

Yet again, I don't understand social norms better post on MMO-Champ...
    You trying to push this bullshit in thread after thread on the topic won't magically unbullshit it just because it's repeated a certain amount of times. Here, California law on the matter:
    Quote Originally Posted by California Penal Code § 261 (a)
    Rape is an act of sexual intercourse accomplished with a person not the spouse of the perpetrator, under any of the following circumstances:

(3) Where a person is prevented from resisting by any intoxicating or anesthetic substance, or any controlled substance, and this condition was known, or reasonably should have been known by the accused.
    One needs to be intoxicated to the degree it prevents them from resisting. Which isn't a light buzz. It's also worth noting this is California law we're talking about. I.e. the most liberal rape law in US and near the top of the list in the world.

And here's § 261.6 on consent:
    In prosecutions under Section 261, 262,286, 288a, or 289, in which consent is at issue, “consent” shall be defined to mean positive cooperation in act or attitude pursuant to an exercise of free will.  The person must act freely and voluntarily and have knowledge of the nature of the act or transaction involved.
    Nothing that most degrees of inebriation would prevent. Instead of projecting some shit and insulting people here with your pathetic insinuations, get educated. Then talk. Because the opposite order of actions that you follow for some inane reason doesn't make you look that well.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Why is it so important to many of you to have sex with people that can't legally consent?

The world is full of people that aren't drunk and want to fuck, seriously, just go find someone like that.

Problem solved.
    And here we have Louisa Bannon in her natural state, where despite multiple people already correcting her nonsense, she chooses to not address any of them directly like a shining paragon of honest discourse and instead doubles down on everything that was wrong (in every sense of the word) with her original contribution. A fascinating specimen of a forum user.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Bullshit. Being drunk doesn't make one incapable of giving consent. Saying such is taking away all agency away from women, and I find that despicable. Being drunk to the point of unconscious or being a slurring, stumbling mess obviously is a no go, but not being drunk in general. Hell, we're still held responsible for driving drunk because the reasoning is we know better and we willingly endanger others.
    Crissi pls, it's your internalized misogyny speaking, turning you into a rape apologist :3
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-08-04 at 09:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

By expecting basic comprehension?
    Are you not able to comprehend your own words? Sad!