Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Immortality Trinket

Fellow Prot Warriors,

Do you feel it is needed to invest in the Darkmoon Immortality Trinket this late into the xpac? I dont have a ton of gold but enough to buy it, granted id be broke.. lol

I consider it "late" because i came back to WoW literally on 7.2.5 after a year hiatus.

Ive Cleared Norm ToS and have a mix of LFR and Normal Tos pieces (905 ilvl), Havent really dived into the M+ realm yet.

And im not entirely sure how well it will serve me at this current point and moving forward in ToS, M+ and Argus.

Thanks Mates.

Jeric

In a word, Yes.

It's literally the BiS Prot trinket.

There are rumours that it will not be *quite* as good in 7.3 due to how items scale after 900, but it's still going to be very, very solid.

Deleted
    It's not only bis prot trinket, It's pretty much bis tank trinket even with lower ilvl

I was doing some math with it and with lowest proc, I got 5% damage reduction and with highest proc around 15% damage reduction

more physical mitigation for warrior? wtf that trinket its not bis
    Armor has a big DR do you notice that?
    staking armor beyond 60% reduction its a waste of stats
    have son dps trinkets, stamina (prot is pretty low), vers or even healing not more armor

Actually it doesn't

it scales so that 100 armor gives the same percentage increase to EHP no matter what you already have, going from 1000 to 1100 helps as much as from 5000 to 5100

if it didn't scale that way, it would get exponentially better

Preventing 4 damage from a hit of 40 is just as effective in terms of EHP and mitigation as preventing 10 damage from a hit of 100
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2017-08-02 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    Actually it doesn't

it scales so that 100 armor gives the same percentage increase to EHP no matter what you already have, going from 1000 to 1100 helps as much as from 5000 to 5100

it is didn't scale that way, it would get exponentially better

Preventing 4 damage from a hit of 40 is just as effective in terms of EHP and mitigation as preventing 10 damage from a hit of 100
    where do you read this, my armor has heavy high DR

over 10k armor (55%), 3k+amor means less than 10% extra reduction and randomly,...no thanks

the logic behind this is you never will be able to mitigate 100% of the physical incomin damage

check the wiki

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/theory...n&version=live
    Last edited by gonzajd777; 2017-08-02 at 05:26 PM.

where do you read this, my armor has heavy high DR

over 10k armor (55%), 3k+amor means less than 10% extra reduction... check it

the logic behind this is you never will be able to mitigate 100% of the physical incomin damage
    You seem to be agreeing with me on the idea but not the wording

going from 55% to 65% armor would be a +28.6% EHP boost, not +10%.

That means taking 35 damage instead of 45 out of a hit of 100 and 45/35 = 1.286x EHP / mitigation. A tank with 65% armor will take 13 hits to die while the tank with 55% armor took 10.

This scaling was chosen because it holds the value of +1 armor quite constant no matter how much you have - +1000 armor when you have 60% reduction is still great, just as it was when you had 30% reduction.

If it scaled the way that some people assume (without what you call "DR") then each point of armor would be worth far more than the last point and it would either be worthless or extremely OP. I think that the DR term is misleading because the worth of armor is not dropping, it's just being held constant instead of runaway exponential scaling that would happen otherwise.

With this armor scaling the Immortality deck is an excellent trinket for all tanks at all gear levels including warriors w/ over 60% armor, what you called a waste of stats
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2017-08-02 at 05:05 PM.

The DMI trinket is currently the best one you can have, period. That said, the trinket from Goroth is quite good as well for an armor trinket, most fights I use DMI with a stam trinket (desolate host has a decent one, or even skorpyron from Nighthold if you can get a lucky warforge). If you aren't too worried about pushing into mythic raiding or very high M+ keys I would say save the gold, there are some alternatives available, check out the warrior class discord, there is a stickied guide to trinkets which can help you figure out which ones to use.

925 Goroth or 900 Immortality?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nicbizz View Post
    925 Goroth or 900 Immortality?
    Immortality

Quote Originally Posted by gonzajd777 View Post
    have son dps trinkets, stamina (prot is pretty low), vers or even healing not more armor
    Not True
    At 50% armor, hit that would deal 1 000 000 damage will do 500 000 damage
    At 60% armor, that same hit would do 400 000 damage

That makes it 20% reduction in damage not 10%

the same hit with 65% armor would be 350 000 damage that equals 10% more damage reduction than 60% armor

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    It's not only bis prot trinket, It's pretty much bis tank trinket even with lower ilvl

I was doing some math with it and with lowest proc, I got 5% damage reduction and with highest proc around 15% damage reduction
    No, not damage reduction, physical damage only reduction, AKA the dmg that you already block and reduce a lot of while getting spiked by magic and armor ignoring abilities, yeh, it's not even half as good as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    In last PTR patch, crafted items can be upgraded to 935. That 935 immortality will be BiS or near BiS for any physical heavy fight Antorus has. Buy it now
    just the new crafted itens can be upgraded to 935

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    No, not damage reduction, physical damage only reduction, AKA the dmg that you already block and reduce a lot of while getting spiked by magic and armor ignoring abilities, yeh, it's not even half as good as you think.
    well I was obviously taking in consideration we're speaking about physical damage. Tank damage is in 90% physical in raids with Nighthold being quite an exception.

Also it doesn't matter what I think, reality is, that the trinket IS that good

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Really? Yikes, but those are crap
    it needs to be, dont makes sense to have gear in all slots better than the mythic gear from previous raid

Deleted
    does a immortality beat out a 940-955 fevered carapace?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    does a immortality beat out a 940-955 fevered carapace?
    Let's ask: At what point does Fevered Carapace take over? Then all those repeated questions ilvl x vs y can be put away ^^

Quote Originally Posted by gonzajd777 View Post
    Armor has some dr%, true. But at 50 % "base" armor, it is still by far the strongest defensive stat.
    2k armor (average of DMD) on top of 50 % will bring you up to around 56 %. That means 12 % reduction of physical damage.
    To get 12 % reduction from vers, you would need 10.8k. Stat sticks at 900 item-level have barely over 1k.

12 % reduction is the equivalent of EHP increase of 13.6 %.

For a stamina trinket to have the same effect, it would need to give about 1m hp. And you would still have the disadvantage of requiring more healing.

Don't get me wrong. Stamina trinkets are still very strong defensively, but DMD is on another level.

Stat sticks (including Arcanocrystal) are very overrated by many people. They are strong general purpose trinkets, but they are not defensive trinkets, they are hybrid trinkets - secondary stats improve both your dps and survival, so it's only logical that they will not be as strong defensively as pure survival trinkets like stamina or armor trinkets.

Thanks for all the great responses, and i plan on purchasing one this week,

However, With 7.3, crafted gear that is created from the new Argus new materials will be able to be upgraded to 935 (or am i wrong on that front?). Does anyone know if Argus will provided a new immortality Trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by Meiffert View Post
    Armor has some dr%, true. But at 50 % "base" armor, it is still by far the strongest defensive stat.
    2k armor (average of DMD) on top of 50 % will bring you up to around 56 %. That means 12 % reduction of physical damage.
    To get 12 % reduction from vers, you would need 10.8k. Stat sticks at 900 item-level have barely over 1k.

12 % reduction is the equivalent of EHP increase of 13.6 %.

For a stamina trinket to have the same effect, it would need to give about 1m hp. And you would still have the disadvantage of requiring more healing.

Don't get me wrong. Stamina trinkets are still very strong defensively, but DMD is on another level.

Stat sticks (including Arcanocrystal) are very overrated by many people. They are strong general purpose trinkets, but they are not defensive trinkets, they are hybrid trinkets - secondary stats improve both your dps and survival, so it's only logical that they will not be as strong defensively as pure survival trinkets like stamina or armor trinkets.
    Some DR? put this on excel and you will see
    this is the function of the armor DR, remove the 1 and you will get the %% of incoming physical damage mitigated on every point
    = 1 - targetArmor / (targetArmor + ArmorConstant(PlayerLevel))
    ArmorConstant(AttackerLevel) = 8164 (113 raidboss lvl)

Again the reduction that bring 2k armor depend on how much armor already have... on top of 50% 2000 amror bring you to 56% as you say but how is posible that means 12% reduction of physical damage... that means just 6% extra asumming that is a perpetual buff... procs rate is around 30%.

i simmed the reduction granted by this trinket and just means less than 4million physical damage on a full physical damage as ursoc.

my opinion: it's a good trinket? yes, its the best? i dont think so, i think "best" is relative to every encounter
    maybe good for guardian or dk... i prefer trinkets like Recompiled guardian Module from Maiden, the Glaves from sisters or even a dps trinket like Engine of eradication (for the mastery and ocasionallly strength buff). if you are lucky enough get this shit from Mythic Writhing Heart of Darkness.

RNG its not good for tanking, hate this stupid system
    Last edited by gonzajd777; 2017-08-11 at 02:51 PM.

I think what he is getting at is if you look at where you are which is 50% reduction. Going from 50% to 56% reduction is 12%less physical dmg of what you are taking. 100dmg with 50% redution means you take 50. 100dmg with 56% reduction you take 44.
    44/50 = .88. So you are taking 88% of the damage that you were. every 1% armor you gain is more beneficial than your last 1%.