Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I'll just get it out of the way right now, TOLD YOU SO, I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG.

There, and I'm done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow isn't ending, people have said that since forever.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Musaik View Post
    Couldn't have said it better.

Plenty of people are in denial and that's okay. Legion is/was the attempt at reviving World of Warcraft, after the failure of WoD. Almost all of the large lore characters showed up during Legion and plenty more evidence supports this theory. Also, not only did we obtain the most powerful weapons, but now we're wielding not one, but TWO legendary items. It is absolutely ridiculous. And, we are potentially putting an end to Sargeras.

Slightly hard to "up" Legion in the sense of lore. How are we going to go from wielding the most powerful weapons and multiple legendary items, to regular epic weapons? It just doesn't really add up logically.

Either Blizzard is slowly moving away from the MMORPG genre, or they are working on a more massive project. I don't see this game respectfully continuing for much longer. People are already bored of the lore and it's poor construction. I can't imagine this game retaining a healthy population any longer. Especially, with the current state of the game.

Lastly, I'd say subscription numbers begin to plummet to the ~1M ballpark mid-next expansion if Blizzard doesn't resurrect the game.

Oh, and not to mention the lead designers/developers that have departed during Legion. This game is toast. Mark my words.
    Well golly gee...somebody on an Internet forum said it, so it must be true

Welcome to a claim people have made since vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to fight Azshara and see Jaina again.

Deleted
    The lich king play a role in the DK campaign. I would be surprised if we don't get a wotlk2 sooner or later. Perhaps not as the next one, but the one after that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Could happen, could not. Not that much to discuss here, you just threw popular expansion concepts in a specific order. I would be disappointed if every planet we go to from now on is a zone or two, I can tell you that.
    @zlygork, you don't have to be be disappointed and I will tell you why. Blizz's current design team is introducing a new perspective of game content. Since the introduction of world quests and now the scaling level of zone levels, WoW can introduce different zone not tied to just one expac and theme. What I mean is this is a smarter and better way of gating storyline, contents than just introducing a new zone for a specific region or group of zones for a specific expac ; ala Timeless Isle, Quel'danas, Isle of Thunder, etc.

Right now Emerald Dreams is slowly taking shape thanks to the then WoW vanilla Emerald Portals further fleshed out with Emerald Dreamway , a room of doorways thru druids and EN, rift of aln and cleansed Emerald Dream a subzone within a raid.

Gilneas was the 1st zone to be introduced both as a leveling zone and pvp zone. Azshara as a zone of Legion is both a dungeon and a leveling zone pertaining just to 1 area. Wintergrasp then Tolbarad a PvP-centric zone could definitely soon-to-be questing/leveling zone tied to a world quest or scenario with the upgraded Planet-wide scaling zone. Argus might have a comeback next patch unlocking further zones aside from the 3 if introduced in the coming patch. Kezan exist back in Cata but for sure this southseas them, we will have the whole Map filled including Mt. Kajaro and undermine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    I'll just get it out of the way right now, TOLD YOU SO, I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG.

There, and I'm done.
    @Akande Ogundimu let me clarify with your statement:

"I told you so" but not "I told you so and you are wrong and I'm right". Or " I told you so I'm brighter and you're stupid". Nor "I told you so, you weak and noob."

I just said "I told you so." That's different and I'll retaliate with the statement written above if people will put their own words in my mouth.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-02-01 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    @zlygork, you don't have to be be disappointed and I will tell you why. Blizz current design team is introducing a new perspectice of game content.Since the introduction of world quests and now the scaling level of zone levels, WoW can introduce different zone not tied to just one expac and theme. What I mean is this is a smarter and better way of gating storyline, contents than just introducing a new zone for a specific region or group of zones for a specifix expac ; ala Timeless Isle, Quel'danas,Isle of Thunder, etc.

Right now Emerald Dreams is slowly taking shape thanks to the then WoW vanilla Emerald Portals further fleshed out with Emerald dreamway doorway thru druids and EN,rift of aln and cleansed Emerald Dream a subzone within a raid.

Gilneas was the 1st zone to be both as a leveling zone and pvp zone. Azshara of Legion is both a dungeon and a leveling zone pertaining just to 1 area. Wintergrasp then Tolbarad a pvp centric zone could definitely soon to be questinf/leveling zone tied to a world quest or scenario with the upgraded Planet wide scalinf zone. Argus might have a comeback next patch unlocking further zonesthan the 3 beif introduced in the coming patch. Kezan exist back in Cata butfor sure thia aouthseas theme we will the the whole Map filled including Mt. Kajaro and undermine.

- - - Updated - - -

"I told you so" but not "I told you so and you are wrong and I'm right". Or " I told you so I'm brighter and you're stupid". Nor "I told you so, you weak and noob."

I just said "I told you so." That's different and I'll retaliate with the statement written above if people will put their own words in my mouth.
    MY issue is really just that if we get 1 zone planets, eventually the universe will feel very small and the planets "fake". I think already most planets being just continent sized is a stretch to suspension of disbelief (although quite understandable)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    MY issue is really just that if we get 1 zone planets, eventually the universe will feel very small and the planets "fake". I think already most planets being just continent sized is a stretch to suspension of disbelief (although quite understandable)
    Why so? Remeber that the "New World" a.k.a. America wasn't first discovered as a whole by the frontier coming and exploring from the west. Slowly new regions were explored as new states are becoming settled until the entire country or continent became mapped as a whole. The same thing happened to Canada or the Northern America not unless WoW now has a GPS like tech being used in-game.

From an interplanetary exploration perspective, same thing applies if your spaceship land at a specific spot. You can only map the discovered region/s you have established and interacted so far. It feels more natural apart from just removing the unexplored map marquee or aka fog or war of RTS games.

Isles of Thunder is a great step up from the old version of Quel'danas. Apart from undiscoverable region slowly introduced as the storyline progress , further content are also introduced gradually. They can now mix that up with how a planetary subzone of a Zone. Think of it as a hightech way of discovering Outlands than majority can explore and finish within 2-3 months or even heck just several weeks. It would get boring and monotonous. Also dailies could be added to old introduced zones as new one gets introduced next patch/expac.

It's like how my country, the Philippines, became it is known currently. The westerners who circled around the globe entered the eastern side or Pacific were they landed on just 1 island , the Island of Leyte. It took them years to survey the entire group of island and land and have its cartographical sketch. The map continued to add more islands as they discovered Bicol, Ilocos and Mindanao at different time intervals. WoW South seas could have such treatment.

No one know where Tel'Abim is so at intro phase of WoW: next expac might have 2-3 zone at first. The following patch additional 1-2 zones can be added,one of which could be Tel'Abim and as the story escalate they will introduce the focal zone of the content or the final teir end content which is Maelstrom/Naz'jatar
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-02-01 at 05:35 AM.

Why so? Remeber that the new world a.k.a. America wasn't discovered as a whole but first explored by the frontier from the west, slowly new regions where explored as new states are becoming settled until the entire country or zone became mapped as a whole. Same as in Canada or the Northern America. Not unless WoW now has a GPS like tech being used ingame.

from an interplanetary exploration same thing happens if your spaceship land at a specific place you can only map the discovered regions you have established yourself so far as well as interacted with.It feels more natural apart from just removing the unexplored map marquee or aka fog or war of RTS games.

Isles of Thunder os a great step up from the old version of Quel'danas. Apart from undiscoverable region slowly introduced as the storyline progress , further content are also introduced gradually. They can now mix that up with how a Plantary subzone of a Zone. Think of it as a hightech way of Discovering Outlands than majority can explore and finish within 2-3 months or even heck just several weeks. It would get boriv and monotonous. Also dailies could be added to old introduced zones as new one gets introduced next patch/expac.

It's like how my coutry the Philippines become the country it is known currently. The westerners whp circled around the globe entered the eastern side or Pacific landed on just 1 island , the Island of Leyte. It took them years to survey the land and have its cartographical sketch, the map continued to add more islands as they discovered Bicol Ilocos and Mindanao at different time itervals. WoW South seas could have such treatment
    Just remember the reception that cataclysm's separated zones got. Blizzard doesn't seem all that keen on adding progression on different continents at once. Not claiming that it is in any way impossible, mind you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just remember the reception that cataclysm's separated zones got. Blizzard doesn't seem all that keen on adding progression on different continents at once. Not claiming that it is in any way impossible, mind you.
    Legion also sends you all across Azeroth, to northrend, deadwind pass, and even to other planet via class campaign!

It feels disconnect because World quests haven't been in place yet and 2nd Cata tackled with Elemental Planes which are all across Azeroth. As the game progress it became more focal with just fireland raid they removed Abyssal Maw since it fits better for a ocean/sea related theme or expac. They just state that it feels disconnected but in reality it already is. Remember Vanilla where you got Naxx, MC,BWL as raid and dungeons all across the Azerothian map? Why people aren't complaining it wasn't disconnected? Well because it is immersive as well as the sense of adventure and exploration is strong. What is in that place? What can I see? What kind of experience? What would I get there?

Same thing why others like to level fast to see what's beyond their reach. To move out from something that is too familiar and repetitive it becomes stale. It gives you a longing for finding greener pasture or have a breath of fresh air.Who knows, next patch you'll be sent to Outlands to finish as 112 quest or to Draenor at 115? To Un'goro at 118 ? Or have a feat of strength travel all Azeroth ports?
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-02-01 at 05:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    @zlygork, you don't have to be be disappointed and I will tell you why. Blizz current design team is introducing a new perspectice of game content.Since the introduction of world quests and now the scaling level of zone levels, WoW can introduce different zone not tied to just one expac and theme. What I mean is this is a smarter and better way of gating storyline, contents than just introducing a new zone for a specific region or group of zones for a specifix expac ; ala Timeless Isle, Quel'danas,Isle of Thunder, etc.

Right now Emerald Dreams is slowly taking shape thanks to the then WoW vanilla Emerald Portals further fleshed out with Emerald dreamway doorway thru druids and EN,rift of aln and cleansed Emerald Dream a subzone within a raid.

Gilneas was the 1st zone to be both as a leveling zone and pvp zone. Azshara of Legion is both a dungeon and a leveling zone pertaining just to 1 area. Wintergrasp then Tolbarad a pvp centric zone could definitely soon to be questinf/leveling zone tied to a world quest or scenario with the upgraded Planet wide scalinf zone. Argus might have a comeback next patch unlocking further zonesthan the 3 beif introduced in the coming patch. Kezan exist back in Cata butfor sure thia aouthseas theme we will the the whole Map filled including Mt. Kajaro and undermine.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm always right, even when I'm wrong, I'm right.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    No.Since you're always right , and I'm right as well as we face each other, you always left if you ask me.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-08-05 at 07:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Lol to people claiming it's a dead game and only have a few expansions left. They can literally pull whole expansions from nothing like they did with MoP or WoD, and as long as we're still counting subs in millions it's making plenty of money and is worth keeping around. They're a company after all, more now than ever, and they've been laying new ground and expanding on it recently with the whole Chronicle books.
    it's not that they can't keep going, it's that they have only a few stories left - Azshara/Nzoth, Void Lords and.. um.. that's it. Now, they could do more than 2 expansions for some of that... for example an Azshara expansion leading to a Nerubian/Nzoth one which covers those threats.

But past that stuff they only have 3 other sources for expansion themes:

1) Retread stories - Return of the Lich King, Jaina as the Alliance version of Garrosh, etc. Fiction that does this is admitting they're bankrupt in the idea department.

2) Relatively minor, known threats somehow made interesting and expansion-worthy. Infinite Dragonflight, Ethereals etc. This, to me, is the most promising for several expansion ideas.

3) New lore they pull out of their asses. Pandaria kind of things. This can be OK but it's hard to do credibly - there are only so many lost continent things you can pull off before you start to wonder about them. You also really want to lay groundwork for most of this. Pandaria's reason for being revealed as the Cataclysm. If they do another "Oh look a continent where we thought there was just water!" thing it starts to sound more fake.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-08-04 at 08:55 PM.

One of the main problems with an ongoing narrative is the threat escalation. We are approaching the point where Blizzard will have to create a brand new enemy/threat that is equal to those we have faced. And usually those threats are already known. Creating some super titan above and beyond the regular titans won't fly. Pandaria broke the mold by keeping the threat local and unknown until we got there.

There's always outer space and other planets where we go to help & explore by battling the myths and legends native to those worlds.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    One of the main problems with an ongoing narrative is the threat escalation. We are approaching the point where Blizzard will have to create a brand new enemy/threat that is equal to those we have faced. And usually those threats are already known. Creating some super titan above and beyond the regular titans won't fly. Pandaria broke the mold by keeping the threat local and unknown until we got there.

There's always outer space and other planets where we go to help & explore by battling the myths and legends native to those worlds.
    Bingo! Just like the Ethereal's homeland Karesh or even Concentris never been heard of now just popping up since Legion. Azeroth, Argus, Draenor are just 3 of the currently available planet including everything in it :zones/habitat, legends/history/storyline, figures/casts/heroes. Niskara is also now in-game however ithas a different treatment where It doesn't have a planteary map of its own much like Argus.

People see WoDs as a poor expac but many fail to see the richness of lore behind it which may unfold as Legion storyline and everything was made available for us to experience a "now" factor.

I expected to see an ABT a 5 man version of it where BT is Karabhor in the future as we get to relive demon invasion as we have an almost the same dungeon treatment as Halls of Reflection as well assist Velen as his Draenei flee and into Garadar. A CoT dungeon would fit so or a similar place that exist in Argus in future zones. Or Relive the founding of the Triumvirate as they fight Thal'kiel as final dungeon boss ala Culling of Stratholme
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-08-05 at 07:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post

The problem is... why would we do that? I mean, obviously Blizzard can make that the story but there's no in-game logic that would motivate us to do that unless it was a threat to Azeroth.

Consider this... we've defeated all of the various threats plaguing Azeroth. The Void Lords are sealed away, the Lich King is in check, the Legion is defeated and in disarray. We can finally have some peace and live comfortably as a society... so we go off and fight wars in which we have no stake? The only way that works is for us to become mercenaries which has its own appeal but... meh.

"Dragons will be important at level 112"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    dragons across all existing expac!

World of Warcraft:
    - Onyxia and Nefarian, Sapphiron

World of Warcraft:The Burning Crusade
    - Felmyst, Escape to Durnhold + Black Morrass Epoch Dragons, Netherspite (Karazhan)

Cata
    Deathwing, Murzond,Onyxia+Nefarian,Blackwing Redux, Synestra

MoP
    Chinese Dragons

WoD
    *thinks hard about a dragon related instance*

Legion
    Nithogg, Dresaron,Rothos, Nythendra,Ysera,Sharthos
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-02-01 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    The problem is... why would we do that? I mean, obviously Blizzard can make that the story but there's no in-game logic that would motivate us to do that unless it was a threat to Azeroth.

Consider this... we've defeated all of the various threats plaguing Azeroth. The Void Lords are sealed away, the Lich King is in check, the Legion is defeated and in disarray. We can finally have some peace and live comfortably as a society... so we go off and fight wars in which we have no stake? The only way that works is for us to become mercenaries which has its own appeal but... meh.
    I'm not trying to provide motive or reasoning behind the things we are asked to do. I am just trying to figure out where Blizzard can go in the future. How and why we get there is another story.

Could they keep stretching the lore and expanding it? Absolutely. The problem is that it completely dilutes the story. We have reached a limit with Sargeras and the legion. I know we are going to have x-pacs past this one, the real question is how quality are they going to be.