Thread: Emissary mounts

Deleted

Emissary mounts

Hello. I took a break from wow 2 months into Legion and only recently returned. I'm curious about the mounts from world quests.

Am I right in thinking you could get mounts from the emissary world quests before 7.2 introduced the extra rep paragon thing?

Court of Farondis for example gives you a chest and according to WoWHead it could contain a Cloudwing Hippogryph. Was this the case before 7.2?

I'm not sure I understand what changed in 7.2 with the paragon system. I seem to remember you could always get mounts from the chests but wowhead has comments like 'This chest is awarded for every 20,000 extra rep you get with The Court of Farondis after already being exalted with them. As far as we know, there is no limit to the amount of these you can get. '

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paragon gives you a different type of chest which has a chance to drop the mounts. They are not the chests from Emissary quests.

Paragon Chest:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=146897/farondis-chest

Emissary Chest:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=137563/farondis-lockbox

The only mount that can drop from Emissary boxes is the fox mount (Nightfallen Box), although technically the quest drops and not the mount itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Paragon gives you a different type of chest which has a chance to drop the mounts. They are not the chests from Emissary quests.

Paragon Chest:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=146897/farondis-chest

Emissary Chest:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=137563/farondis-lockbox

The only mount that can drop from Emissary boxes is the fox mount (Nightfallen Box), although technically the quest drops and not the mount itself.
    Oh I see, thanks. I must have confused remembering I could get 1 mount from doing the world quests with the Paragon rep in 7.2

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Oh I see, thanks. I must have confused remembering I could get 1 mount from doing the world quests with the Paragon rep in 7.2
    it's also 10k rep, not 20k

7+ Year Old Account
    Happy hunting! I'm at 47 paragon chests so far and haven't seen a single mount yet

Quote Originally Posted by Leenaleena View Post
    Happy hunting! I'm at 47 paragon chests so far and haven't seen a single mount yet
    I have opened 177 so far and have gotten 1 mount At least it was the unicorn which is really the only one I really wanted.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAinCA View Post
    I have opened 177 so far and have gotten 1 mount At least it was the unicorn which is really the only one I really wanted.
    Jesus, you're not giving me much hope ya know...

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    4 mounts here, just need flying carpet and warden toy. 2x moose.

Not sure how many chests, but I've got the "10 chest" achievement a few times on alts.

It's still part of the "bad rng" systems in legion, up there with legendaries. Invisible chances...

AP at least can be worked toward and is presented with a visible reward.

I rather have a progress bar that actually gains something, paragon rep is not your typical "exalted vendor mount".

With order hall missions and alts that are exalted, the feeding of BoA tokens can significantly speed up things. Got 5 alts currently doing a lot of those 2x 250 rep (500) + 1500 bonus token, for future alts' rep but of course can be used for paragon boxes too.

Army of Light gonna have it's own Paragon box too

http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=48974/p...y-of-the-light

Supposedly contains one of those Lightforged Elekk.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-08-05 at 02:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm at half of that and have everything but the carpet and warden disguise :P

Don't care about the stupid bat pet from Broken Shore shit
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I'm not at 47, but I'm in the high 20's/low 30's. I haven't seen shit either.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I think I'm at half of that and have everything but the carpet and warden disguise :P

Don't care about the stupid bat pet from Broken Shore shit
    You then have been extremely lucky...

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, you're not giving me much hope ya know...
    I've gotten 2 unicorn mounts and 1 Valajar Stormwing. Unfortunately the mounts are bop so I had to vendor the second unicorn for 1 copper
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez