Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Today was the last straw and I have officially added McDonalds to my boycott list. I demand they either increase the quality of staff to make the food properly, or lower their prices. At almost $9.00 for a large Big Mac meal their prices are very close to what you would pay for a cooked to order higher quality (and more substantial meat patty) burger and fries at a diner or pub. The only reason anyone eats at McDonalds is speed. Here are a list of things that happen no matter which McDonalds Ive gone to, that continue even after repeated complaints to management.

Drive Thru is the priority. They couldnt care less about the people inside, as long as they meet that drive thru time goal, often cheating the clock by parking people after they order as well

Undercooking/not cooking food properly in order to rush people through the drive thru or to get them out of the lobby

Putting full to the top baskets of fries and chicken nuggets in the deep fryer which causes them to not cook properly because they are all crammed in. Regulations require baskets to be no more than 30% full. The workers are lazy and dont want to be constantly manning the fryers.

Pulling fries up 20 to 30 seconds early which makes them floppy and not golden brown. (same goes for hash browns in the morning)

Being skimpy on sauces and condiments (when you squeeze a burger the sauces should drip out the sides. You shouldnt have to take off the top bun and wonder where the ketchup is, nor would any normal person be able to use 2 packets of ketchup for an entire large order of fries, or 1 sauce cup for 6 nuggets and be satisfied.

Giving you 1 napkin if you use the drive through. Who in the hell can eat an entire meal using just one napkin???

And their biggest offense - Leaving the damn cheese exposed to air all day!!!!! This cause the edges/corners to dry out and become nasty. The lazy asses cant even take the time to cover the cheese each time they pull a slice out of the bin

And lastly, I have written an email to corporate twice a week for the last 2 years requesting McDonalds switch to round cheese as square cheese causes my OCD to flare. The bun is round, the burger is round, why in the hell cant the cheese be round too!!

Am I the only one that is outraged by these things? People need to stop eating at MCDonalds to force them to change!
    Goes to a company that pays only at or near minimum wage, treats their workers like crap, with a high turnover rate because of it.
    Expects workers to give more than minimum effort....

You got what they paid for. You want the workers to care, make sure they are paid enough to care which will be enough to support themselves.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Funny thing. Here in Finland everything is cooked properly, cheese ain't nasty, french fries are done properly, big mac meal is like 6-8€ depending on what size drink + french fries you take. Also i get a lot of napkins stuffed in the bag.

Sometimes they've forgotten a straw though. It really sucks to drink the beverage without a straw since it has too much ice in it.

So yeah. I just ate a Big Mac meal and it was delicious as always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It's like people have never heard of a sandwich.

Or Jimmy John's.
    I suppose if you were someone who is satisfied with a cold meal. Most people would rather have a nice hot meal. And why would ANYONE buy an overpriced sandwich at Jimmy John's anyway. They charge like $10 for a damn sandwich that I can make at home for about $1.75

Maccas here is great, no boycott from me

I only eat there if it's an act of utter and complete desperation.

But really it's not the franchise. Each individual location can be very hit or miss. Sadly in the city where I live it's brick city misses.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose if you were someone who is satisfied with a cold meal. Most people would rather have a nice hot meal. And why would ANYONE buy an overpriced sandwich at Jimmy John's anyway. They charge like $10 for a damn sandwich that I can make at home for about $1.75
    After all the bitching you've done about people not acquiring 'marketable skills', I daresay the question is why you have yet to do so and get a better job that provides facilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today was the last straw and I have officially added McDonalds to my boycott list.
    Organized boycotts are stupid. If a company is really that bad, they won't last long anyway... unless, of course, they're subsidized by the government.

@Orlong: try the value menu. They have these dollar cheeseburgers, and usually a BOGO quarter pounder at the top of the receipt

For a healthier option I prefer the dollar parfaits

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree plus their ice cream machine is always down.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    You hate McDonalds for all the wrong reasons. Also what do you expect from a company that mainly hires teenagers and immigrants who can barely speak English? You want proper food then go to a Diner.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Unemployment is almost at 4%, what kind of people do you think they can get to work at McDonalds?

We need to import more immigrants.
    Lets not bring in more people who can barely speak English who will devalue employee's. If McDonalds wants better service then they should pay better. I hear paying workers more will raise their moral.

Last time I had McDonald's, against my will mind you, I ordered a vegetarian wrap without tomato, hoping I'd get a freshly made wrap in the process.
    I got a soggy, sad thing with residue of tomato. They plucked one, pulled the tomato out, and said "Here, tomato-free!"...

It just further cemented my stance, McDonald's is getting worse by the decade. At one point, McDonald's here in Sweden was pretty damned high quality for fast-food joints...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Outraged? Not at all. Entertained that you got bad service on repeated visits to an establishment, and continued to go back? Absolutely.
    I was a manager for six years at a McDs and the amount of fucking morons that made extremely petty and childish complaints/requests and still come back was astounding.

The amount of people that can't even make/speak proper orders to the cashier was amazing as well.

The nights the shake machine went down for cleaning were my favorite as you will never see so many adult whinge like little children wen they can't get their cheap and shitty ice cream fix. Even funnier when we had three other superior choices for ice cream in the area.

I do agree with him about the cheese though (not the stupid it shouldn't be square shit though, stop being OCD at a fucking fast food joint, you're wasting everyone time) and always kept it covered on my shifts. I always hated the priority for rushing people through the drive-thru as well as it usually pissed people off and orders would get messed up as a result. I really think McDs should dial back the rushing and focus more on quality and accuracy.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I agree plus their ice cream machine is always down.
    The shake machine usually overheats (and it won't be up until the next day usually) due to too much use on most occasions but you do get some shitheads that would turn it off on purpose because they are short-handed and too busy.

The newer machines they're getting later this year or earlier next year will have less moving parts and thus easier to operate and have up and running much faster.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2017-08-05 at 02:34 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I am impressed you guys got to page 7. Ronald McDonald should have a mini-boss dedicated to him in wow somewhere.

I haven't had any of the problems in the op, altho before they made all white mcnuggets I used to throw out like half of em as a kid cause they were gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I was a manager for six years at a McDs and the amount of fucking morons that made extremely petty and childish complaints/requests and still come back was astounding.

The amount of people that can't even make/speak proper orders to the cashier was amazing as well.

The nights the shake machine went down for cleaning were my favorite as you will never see so many adult whinge like little children wen they can't get their cheap and shitty ice cream fix. Even funnier when we had three other superior choices for ice cream in the area.

I do agree with him about the cheese though (not the stupid it shouldn't be square shit though, stop being OCD at a fucking fast food joint, you're wasting everyone time) and always kept it covered on my shifts. I always hated the priority for rushing people through the drive-thru as well as it usually pissed people off and orders would get messed up as a result. I really think McDs should dial back the rushing and focus more on quality and accuracy.
    Drive thru getting priority is common sense, especially in areas where the drive thru lane can wind up impeding other lot traffic. I did use to work at Burger King in my youth, and while the cheese was supposed to stay covered, it simply never was when the place was busy. That's just how it is.

Mayo was usually kept in a 1 gallon vat in a tray of ice all day, uncovered. The ice would melt obviously, and the top layer of mayo would brown a bit from the heat. Stir it up, refresh the ice, continue

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They took away their hi c orange man.

Fuck em.

Today was the last straw and I have officially added McDonalds to my boycott list. I demand they either increase the quality of staff to make the food properly, or lower their prices. At almost $9.00 for a large Big Mac meal their prices are very close to what you would pay for a cooked to order higher quality (and more substantial meat patty) burger and fries at a diner or pub. The only reason anyone eats at McDonalds is speed. Here are a list of things that happen no matter which McDonalds Ive gone to, that continue even after repeated complaints to management.

Drive Thru is the priority. They couldnt care less about the people inside, as long as they meet that drive thru time goal, often cheating the clock by parking people after they order as well

Undercooking/not cooking food properly in order to rush people through the drive thru or to get them out of the lobby

Putting full to the top baskets of fries and chicken nuggets in the deep fryer which causes them to not cook properly because they are all crammed in. Regulations require baskets to be no more than 30% full. The workers are lazy and dont want to be constantly manning the fryers.

Pulling fries up 20 to 30 seconds early which makes them floppy and not golden brown. (same goes for hash browns in the morning)

Being skimpy on sauces and condiments (when you squeeze a burger the sauces should drip out the sides. You shouldnt have to take off the top bun and wonder where the ketchup is, nor would any normal person be able to use 2 packets of ketchup for an entire large order of fries, or 1 sauce cup for 6 nuggets and be satisfied.

Giving you 1 napkin if you use the drive through. Who in the hell can eat an entire meal using just one napkin???

And their biggest offense - Leaving the damn cheese exposed to air all day!!!!! This cause the edges/corners to dry out and become nasty. The lazy asses cant even take the time to cover the cheese each time they pull a slice out of the bin

And lastly, I have written an email to corporate twice a week for the last 2 years requesting McDonalds switch to round cheese as square cheese causes my OCD to flare. The bun is round, the burger is round, why in the hell cant the cheese be round too!!

Am I the only one that is outraged by these things? People need to stop eating at MCDonalds to force them to change!
    why dont you go become a manager there and show them how to run one. Its literally the cheapest fast food out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    This is why they want to replace all their employees with robots. Robots don't get lazy. Robots don't make mistakes. Robots don't complain.
    Do you really think people in corporate care about workers complaining? That's not really something they deal with.

Robots are cheaper than minimum wage... for the first year... every year after if you take that into account they're extremely extremely cheap... that's all it comes down to.

I have too many awesome food options around me for mcdonalds to be appealing thankfully.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.