Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Dude, ain't nobody got time for that!

Now it's only "pay to win" when its the best gear in the entire game? Oh lord jesus.
    Poor you. Half an hour for a mythic + 15 is too much.

Yes, pay to win is about the best gear. That is how you "win". These craftables are just a catch up mechanism. If you think anyone is gonna win something with that, you are sorely mistaken. They may win the ability to pug a normal mode raid at best.

See i don't get you. In one side it's "Oh no! It's P2W". On the other it's "i don't have time for this". Make up your mind, because the gear is exactly for people like you that don't have time.

Still this "i don't have time" excuse is BS. Even pugs can clear normal ToS in under 2 hours. You are just making up excuses.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-08-05 at 05:05 AM.

Well, the game probably has less than 2m subs. They gotta make their money somehow.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    people are trying so hard to accuse WoW of being p2w game, like its not deal with it.

I don't know why people have such a hard time admitting it. If you can buy gear of higher ilvl than current mythic then its p2w. Deal with it.

As with the rest of Legion, I don't see this as being a problem. It will be too expensive to be rampant.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is this any more "Pay to win" than what we have now?

People with "fat bank accounts" can sell tokens for gold which allows them to:
    - Buy raid carries
    - Buy BoE Epics
    - Buy BoE Legendaries
    - Buy M+ carries

Yes, those with gold / money to waste can get a leg up. Nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoux View Post
    Sure you can obtain. You may have to farm 30 hours straight or just do a few clicks on battlenet portal. There is no problem with it, because you can obtain it by playing!!!!!!
    If you're not willing to put in a little effort then you have no right to complain. They make it more accessible MONTHS after its obtainable for people. There's literally no problem and you're just mad over nothing.

7+ Year Old Account
    P2W games have items that both are ONLY available by paying money AND having said items give you a power increase and / or advantage. MapleStory is p2w. WoW is not.

Deleted
    Not pay2win more like pay2play

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Not pay2win more like pay2play
    They're not mutually exclusive.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    That isn't really pay-2-win, mate. If you call this simple thing Pay-2-win, then we've had it for YEARS without problems. Only lately it has become so because people either don't like to work for it, or they are salty because others can get it.
    I would say the second option is more the thing here..

OT: And as has been said this is not true pay to win, true pay to win is being able to buy the best of the best gear for your character with real world currency straight from the developers themselves to give you an unfair advantage over those who do not want to pay real money for items..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    You don't know what pay to win means it seems like.
    The OP really does not know the meaning of pay to win, true pay to win is to buy the best of the best items from the game developers for real money to give an unfair advantage over others who don't..

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    This isn't Pay-to-Win.
    What is then? Where do you draw the line?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

But that's not P2W. At least not officially, being able to purchase something from other players doesn't make the game P2W.

By your logic Vanilla WoW was P2W too, I mean you could easily buy BWL boost (even w/ loot) if you didn't play on shitty realm back in the day.

I bet you've never played actual P2W MMO...

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    The OP really does not know the meaning of pay to win, true pay to win is to buy the best of the best items from the game developers for real money to give an unfair advantage over others who don't..
    And to add to it, quite often said gear is available from in-game store only.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-08-05 at 06:51 AM.

Shit players will always be shit though. They can have the best gear but if they don't know how to play... what's the point?

You can test your theory right now. Go buy some 915 BoE's of the AH, and go clear Mythic Nighthold.

So you're saying that the new patch will provide higher item level gear, and those who have the most money will be able to purchase this higher level gear earlier than those who do not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not so much P2W as it is 'Pay to Compete' since 935 ilvl gear is currently available right now...TO BUY!

Just go to AH and you'll see a bunch of BoE gear from ToS 930+ for sale. Granted it's a lot of money, but you can actually get decked out in full 955 gear RIGHT NOW! TODAY! Just have to dish out that 2M+ gold for those 940-955 pieces.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is literally nothing in WoW that is Pay2Win. Goddamn some people just reach and grasp at straws to complain.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    And to add to it, quite often said gear is available from in-game store only.
    Exactly, to buy gear that is far superior to anything in the game and is only available from the game developers own store that is true pay to win.. And at this point Blizzard have not done it so far..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Team View Post
    Shit players will always be shit though. They can have the best gear but if they don't know how to play... what's the point?
    Precisely, you can be decked out in all the latest and greatest gear but if you don't know how to play then all that uber gear means diddly..

10+ Year Old Account
    You couldn't upgrade your gear to 900 before 7.2.5, what makes you think you can upgrade it to 930 before 7.3.5?