Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    So the dothraki are basically mongols right, I'm assuming that was a big part of their inspiration for ole Georgie boy.

Hearing the horses of a horde approaching was a tense moment and well done by the show. I'd legit flee fuck that.
    yea they are sort of mongol/native american horse nomads/steppe people.

I like that they replaced Dickon Tarlys actor with the fella from Black Sails. He was badass as billy bones. (if anyone hasn't seen black sails go watch it now)

Does he do anything in the books?

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    yea they are sort of mongol/native american horse nomads/steppe people.

I like that they replaced Dickon Tarlys actor with the fella from Black Sails. He was badass as billy bones. (if anyone hasn't seen black sails go watch it now)

Does he do anything in the books?
    Thought Tarly Senior was bad ass too. Hes been spoken about a lot and lived up to the hype

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate it when episodes leak. Forces me to watch some shitty quality piece of shit because people like to put spoilers absolutely everywhere on every god damn site its impossible to miss. ._.

Ironically I'm in commenting in this thread!

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Too late, already watched it and miss it. When I noticed he was in the show, I was thrilled. If only he was a main character and not on the sideline.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    Too late, already watched it and miss it. When I noticed he was in the show, I was thrilled. If only he was a main character and not on the sideline.
    I thought it was getting a bit wishy washy at the end, the motivations got a bit 2 dimensional, but it was a cracking show. I like it when good shows know when to end and don't try and string out 10 seasons so I don't miss it. (jack rackham was probs my fav char). Maybe they will do a treasure island spin off.

But yea I double took because you are used to seeing that actor by how tall he is and those tree trunks for arms that were covered up in GoT by armour, with his height covered up by being on horseback.

Deleted
    Great (leaked) episode!

The dragon destroying that army was great! But Dany and co better put some plate armor on those dragons. Had that projectile hit a bit to the right he'd be dead for sure. With plate armor on they should be nigh indestructible.

So the dothraki are basically mongols right, I'm assuming that was a big part of their inspiration for ole Georgie boy.

Hearing the horses of a horde approaching was a tense moment and well done by the show. I'd legit flee fuck that.
    They are basically an amalgamation of every sort of every nomadic horse tribe
    George R.R. Martin stated that the Dothraki were fashioned as an amalgam of a number of steppe and plains cultures. Mongols and Huns, certainly, but also Alans, Sioux, Cheyenne, and various other Amerindian tribes... seasoned with a dash of pure fantasy. Resemblance to Arabs or Turks is coincidental, extent that the Turks were also originally horsemen of the steppes.[19]

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    They are basically an amalgamation of every sort of every nomadic horse tribe
    Its an interesting contrast when you think about it. The very kind of people that gets regarded as barbarians are gona probably take a huge part in saving the world. Same for the wildlings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    So when she sees Arya figthing like some unstoppable assassin,
    When did we see her fight like an unstoppable assassin?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Lannister soldiers camping with Arya were right, king's landing people are scum, two-faced rats. Danny should have hit them first thing when olenna greyjoys n sandsnakes were with her. BURN THEM ALL!

Winter is here n Westerosi food supplies shouldn't be wasted on those scumfucks in king's landing. When even Lannister soldiers think ur bad, ur not worth consideration...

Danny will probably let Drogon eat Jaimie for murdering her father.

- - - Updated - - -

No, more like Huns
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2017-08-05 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post

Danny will probably let Drogon eat Jaimie for murdering her father.
    That would be highly uncharacterustuc considering she know what her father has done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Great (leaked) episode!

The dragon destroying that army was great! But Dany and co better put some plate armor on those dragons. Had that projectile hit a bit to the right he'd be dead for sure. With plate armor on they should be nigh indestructible.
    Problem is dwagons keep growing

Now since I seen this leaked episode I am utterly and totally pissed.....at blizzard for not making Warcraft look like this! Damn that was an awesome episode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    That would be highly uncharacterustuc considering she know what her father has done.
    Like that would save him considering he was sworn king's guard...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Problem is dwagons keep growing
    True, but they can't afford to lose even one of them. Gotta keep making new armor. It's like buying shoes for kids.

There was this one moment when the Dothraki were approaching and you could clearly tell one of the Lannister soldiers was literally shaking out of fear. Poor fella, he probably shat himself when he saw the dragon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Was just pointing out my opinion regarding the "evolution" of the series so far. They hold back everything as long as possible and give everything at once as a "wrap up", which makes me feel it's rushed and that D&D want to be done with it.
    By no means it's a letdown for me, but the difference in how the Seasons are build-up is really obvious and "something" (that extra sprinkle/icing on the cake) isn't there for me.
    Well I respect your opinion but to be fair the tv series is at it's end or at least near over so it's obvious that a lot of secrets and plots being warped up and a lot of mysteries are getting revealed because the end is near.

I kinda wonder what happens with the Dothraki when the war ends. Does she send them back or will she be like "Hey, come stay here."

And I kinda wonder what Jaime was thinking surveying the whole field. Like was he thinking "Oh shit, it's part 2?" or "This is going to be futile if this keeps happening."

10+ Year Old Account
    If there was no Drogon, the Lannister army would've made it.......if they had a Bolton like phalanx.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I kinda wonder what happens with the Dothraki when the war ends. Does she send them back or will she be like "Hey, come stay here."

And I kinda wonder what Jaime was thinking surveying the whole field. Like was he thinking "Oh shit, it's part 2?" or "This is going to be futile if this keeps happening."
    I doubt shes going to live the ending of the story is suppose to be bitter sweet.

I think she will marry Jon Snow to gain the North he obvious likes her and is painfully obvious where the show is going. In the end she will die and he will be left the 7 kingdoms but he will only want her back.

I just hope the dragons live to repopulate the world. Yes dragons can do that they can change sex at will and the only reason why dragons died out is because the secret to dragon breeding died out during the Dance of Dragons. After the civil war every adult Targaryen was dead only two children survived both too young know much about dragons. To properly hatch a dragon it takes a blood sacrifice a living creature must be burned alive by fire around a nest of eggs. Otherwise they are born weak and sickly which is why the last dragons were small as cats.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2017-08-05 at 11:02 AM.