Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Jaina going mad and creating the "true" alliance. End expansion boss jaina in stormwind keep.
    If that happens, I'm going to nickname her Jaina Heckyell.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Kul'tiras as shown here is just too small to be even a zone by itself, let alone a continent.
    All of this just leaves room for speculation. We just don't know. Yes, I think Kul'tiras is too small to be an entire continen all by itself but there are various ways how Blizzard could "fix" this. Raise some zones frome underwater to the surface, maybe Kul'tiras has become some kind of Venice and is as big as Suramar now, maybe it's just the high end zone / starting zone and there are other islands involved... we don't know. But what we know is that it somehow will be important.

I think most of the new zones in the expansion will be created when N'zoth raises Nazjatar from the depths.
    And Kul'tiras will mostly be a hub.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Kul Tiras (also spelled as Kul'Tiras,[4] pronounced KOOL-teer-AHS)[5] is a human city-state[6] built on an island once located south-west of Lordaeron and west of Khaz Modan. During the Cataclysm, the island was shifted out to sea by shifting tectonic plates:[7] both the land's and the city's current whereabouts is unknown.

So, we know what happened to it, we dont know where it is. Yes, map is old but that was the size of it. So basically, location of Stormwind is 5 times larger than Kul'tiras was. It's rather going to be that we are going to have some other large continent/isle and adding Kul'tiras to it like Isle of Thunder.

"The island was shifted out to sea by shifting tectonic plates" - this just describes some kind of relocation, not what exactly happened to the island(s) of Kul'Tiras. We know that it's not where it used to be but what else happened to it? Did some parts sunk? Did the Cataclysm bring underwater parts of the isle to the surface? I mean, everything is possible. And that's my point. We don't know what happened with Kul'Tiras besides it's new position in the ocean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    shes had the best character development of maybe any one in wow, other then ignoring war crimes going into legion.
    What war crimes?

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I mean, they had some leeway with the Broken Isles. This is an image of Chronicle released this year; this is a pretty up to date image of pre-cataclysm EK. The Broken Isles appear in these maps pretty close to what we see them in game now, if maybe smaller.

Kul'tiras as shown here is just too small to be even a zone by itself, let alone a continent.
    Broken isles look significantly smalelr in the map, not just a tiny bit smaller. Enough to confirm that in-game maps still don't make any sense. People right now claim that broken isles is more "Zoomed in" and detailed in game, compared to the other cotninents which are made much shorter than they should be, you just need to claim that kul'tiras is "truly zoomed in for reals this time". I am in no way advocating for that, I am really not interested in kul'tiras enough to want that, but it definitely could happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ashardis View Post
    What war crimes?
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/War_Crimes
    In this book, she comes to terms with the bombing of Theramore and the fact that she shouldn't be Hitler. And then she forgets because of a single perceived betrayal because women must be emotional at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    I think most of the new zones in the expansion will be created when N'zoth raises Nazjatar from the depths.
    And Kul'tiras will mostly be a hub.
    Yeah, i think the hubs will be Kul'tiras for the Alliance and Kezan for the Horde. I can't imagine anyone would allow the Horde to set up a base on Kul'tiras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Not really the same thing though is it, Arthas was never friendly in WoW

- - - Updated - - -

Other than the CoS dungeon but that doesn't really count

Doesn't really matter, it's Warcraft.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Jaina going mad and creating the "true" alliance. End expansion boss jaina in stormwind keep.
    The expansion following it will be all about the Iron Alliance.

Deleted
    why they are focusing on allies leaders nowdays ?

15+ Year Old Account
    It would only fair to get a siege of stormwind raid with Jaina as the last boss. Already raided orgrimmar

But perhaps that would be a bit too repetitive.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Not really, most players didn't play warcraft, I didn't play warcraft I never cared about arthas I only cared about the LK. In the game of WoW (which is all that matters when discussing WoW) - no alliance leader has ever turned evil in the way Garrosh did, that's just a fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Alliance is far more interesting right now, horde has been a mess since 5.4
    More like since 4.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Key art does not necessarily mean anything, however it's reasonable to assume the next expansion is going to get an announcement this year which would mean the key art has some significance, but that significance is undetermined. You could reasonably conclude Jaina makes her return in the next expansion. Beyond that who knows? We may not even be staying on Azeroth and exploring a new world entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Key art does not necessarily mean anything, however it's reasonable to assume the next expansion is going to get an announcement this year which would mean the key art has some significance, but that significance is undetermined. You could reasonably conclude Jaina makes her return in the next expansion. Beyond that who knows? We may not even be staying on Azeroth and exploring a new world entirely.
    We are fairly certain that Kul'tiras is going to be involved in some way, at the very least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, most players didn't play warcraft, I didn't play warcraft I never cared about arthas I only cared about the LK. In the game of WoW (which is all that matters when discussing WoW) - no alliance leader has ever turned evil in the way Garrosh did, that's just a fact.
    Again, it doesn't matter, you don't say "now alliance get's their turn!" as if Horde has been wronged somehow by having a leader go evil that had to be delt with, and now alliance has to be put through the same thing so it can be "fair" or some shit... The story of how Arthas turned was explained to you during WotLK through the questing experience in Northrend precisely for the express purpose of it not mattering if you played WC3 or not...

And now you want Jaina to turn evil just so "alliance can have their turn"(even though they already did, far worse than Horde's), despite the only way Jaina could turn evil being through a whole lot of fucking awful writing, but you don't care, you just want to kill an alliance leader no matter how stupid the story is... Warcraft didn't start with WoW, you don't get to act like everything that happened in War3 and earlier didn't happen, Alliance already had their turn, it's not Blizzard's fault you joined the franchise late.

In the game of WoW (which is all that matters when discussing WoW)
    All canon material matters, that means books(and wouldn't you know it, there's one about Arthas), games, and comics too. WoW does not exist in a vacuum, you choosing to not consume any other media related to Warcraft doesn't mean the one you consume is the only one that matters.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-08-05 at 07:39 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    My point was that it would fit Jaina's character arc
    with a bunch of very bad writing, sure.

she is 100% not on good terms with the Alliance, Kirin Tor or the Horde
    That doesn't mean she suddenly becomes a threat to the world, barring horrible writing... What is means realistically is she just goes back to Kul'trias and ceases to be a part of a main faction, and just concerns herself with the affairs of her homeland.

She maybe prepares them to defend themselves against the Horde IF they come, but doesn't intend to make a first strike, because Jaina is actually very smart and would know that attacking a main faction alone with a small country's navy, if they would even support her, would be suicide... Making her do anything else would be VERY bad writing, because Jaina is not a moron, she's actually one of the smartest people left on Azeroth, and she would have to be a complete idiot to attack the Horde without the support of the Alliance.

we have the "her heart is a crater and we have filled it" which is almost certainly about her
    Yeah, lets take something an old god, our enemy says and take it at face value, not for the deception it more than likely is... Old gods try to drive you against your allies, it's a deception, you are supposed to ignore their bullshit not buy into it.

Also, if we do take it at face value, it's pretty likely talking about Azeroth, given everything else said during that fight.
    And do you know what, it is kind of unfair on the Horde, I feel bad for Horde players, imagine if stormwind had been a raid, would you feel the same as you do now.
    Yes, unless the writing was horrible, like it would be if Jaina turned evil, if it made sense, I would feel the same as I do now.
    And the Lich King's presence in wrath was almost 100% lich king, nothing to do with Arthas
    except all those quests and culling of strathholme telling you the main plot points from WC3 about how he turned.
    all the lore I learned about arthas I learned outside of WoW.
    Then you weren't paying attention/missed a lot of quests.
    you fail to understand that we are playing world of warcraft, not warcraft, the lich king is just the lich king, he was never arthas.
    No, wrong, no, that's not how it works, at all, WoW itself explained this plenty through quests.

Stop using your elitism as a weapon again people who "joined late" because you are far, far in the minority.
    You think this is elitism? All of this information is freely available through free sources on the internet (wikis and the like) and WC3 can be gotten for like $5 and I'm pretty sure almost every mission has been recreated in the SC2 arcade by now, which can be played for free, even if you don't own SC2.

Your definition of elitism is borked.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-08-05 at 09:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're just wrong here or lying dude, in WoW the Lich King is 99% the Lich King, Arthas is barely talked about and his story is nothing compared what he really is in Warcraft.
    and yet it's explained more than enough.

This all started from me saying a major alliance character in WoW has never turned evil, and that is factually correct.
    Yeah because the leader of The Church of the Light, Archbishop Benedictus turning into an old god worshiper isn't a major character turning evil, right? Him not being an expansion raidboss doesn't make him irrelevant in this.

Arthas never appeared in WoW as a friendly NPC outside of culling of stratholme
    he doesn't need to, his story was explained in flashbacks and through sotries told by NPCs who witnessed it. Do the quests, they are more than enough to explain that the Crown Prince of Lordaeron and future leader of the Alliance betrayed his people and all of Azeroth... WotLK's OPENING CINEMATIC explains that all on it's own for fucks sake.

(also the Arthas novel was released in 2009 just months before ICC's release for this exact purpose as well, further reinforcing my statement that WoW is not all that matters)

And my definition of elitism is far from borked, you're superior attitude just because you've played a 20-30 year old series of games and I haven't so you assume I don't know what I'm talking about, that's the definition of elitism buddy. You're wrong, it's okay to be
    I'm not assuming you don't know what you're talking about, I'm saying it's colossally stupid to act like WoW is the only piece of Warcraft media that matters.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-08-05 at 10:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Secondly, the cinematic just says who the LK is and gives Terenas' monologue to give new players an insight to who the lich king is
    and that monologue explains that Arthas was his son, the Prince of Lordaeron, how he watched with pride as Arthas was forged into a weapon of righteousness (A Paladin, obviously), while showing you what he became in the end, corrupted, pure evil.

And your point about NPC's is just false, firstly, I read all quest text etc, I'm actually levelling a toon through wrath right now, LK has barely been mentioned yet, secondly, most people don't read quest / npc text even if you were correct.
    So... you never leveled through dragonblight then, did the quests where the flashback is shown of him claiming Frostmourne, where it showed that Muradin didn't really die? You didn't do the quests that explained the ghosts of Alliance forces he left for dead on the beach after burning their ships, now all ghosts? And then there's all the quests in Icecrown and some parts of the DK starting experience. All of that + the Culling is more than enough to show people what happened.

that story has been long resolved.
    Yes, and it was resolved IN WOW, with more than enough context to make it clear that he was a major alliance character that turned evil.

The fact is me saying there has never been a major alliance character turn evil, which was my initial point, is 100% correct.
    In WoW, there hasn't been one turn evil, and I'm saying that doesn't matter, because WoW is not all that matters - if you want to ignore all other warcraft related media that's your choice, they still put out books and comics, and still sell the old games for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    if it doesn't appear in game I don't care

Good for you, that's not the way Blizzard intends for Warcraft to be consumed, they still put out books, comics and still sell the other games for a reason. The way Blizzard intends for it to be consumed is what matters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    I really hope they don't butcher her character making her go "evil".
    She IS already evil.