Thoughts on warrior

Hey, I resubbed and I am thinking of switching from maining a druid/lock to a warrior.

I am not choosing warrior for the dmg output which atm seems to be pretty strong if not the strongest at the current stage of the game, but because it feels just right. I was playing warrior during vanilla as an alt and I really liked it. I was trying to find a melee class because I am bored of playing a ranged class or a healer and out of all the melee classes I seem to like warrior the most.

My main question is, do you feel that there is a big nerf coming to warrior where it will make him being on the side for a dps spot? Blizzard likes to have those ups and downs and I really hope thats not the case with warrior at this current stage, I don't mind if he gets nerfed but not to the ground.

Even if a nerf is coming, Fury is gonna be king at the end patch as it always is cause of scaling or some broken ass whatever they add.

Assuming they fix something along with the CoF nerf we are expecting.

Then again, this is from following the last 5 expansions where this happens, maybe it wont this time, who knows!

Apart from that answer, there isnt much anything to provide you with.

If you want safety of DPS and Melee, play DH, they are too easy and too much DPS if played correctly for the ilvl they have even without proper legendaries.

Warrior is way too dependent on certain items to be anywhere near useful, CoF being an example.

I dont think a nerf is incoming, as warriors isnt in the top on dps AFAIK. But Convergence of Fate will be nerfed for T21 to make the new T21 trinkets competitve compared to it.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

not in this patch, we already received a nerf on best arms legendaries and that will be enough but no one can promise anything about performance of any class or spec to the next patch

Deleted
    Well, maybe the m+ Invitational will finally show without a doubt how unbelievably OP arms is at the moment. And that will then be handled in the typical Blizzard fashion: Arms unplayable because nurfed into oblivion and Fury will still do competitive damage with all other dps...

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Well, maybe the m+ Invitational will finally show without a doubt how unbelievably OP arms is at the moment. And that will then be handled in the typical Blizzard fashion: Arms unplayable because nurfed into oblivion and Fury will still do competitive damage with all other dps...
    Seeing how warrior is not even the most used class among the top teams, I doubt that.
    Rogue, hunter and holy paladins seems to be the most used classes. There are quite a few balance druids as well so, yeah.
    Last edited by Aggrophobic; 2017-08-05 at 04:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    ...unbelievably OP arms is at the moment. ...
    Care to elaborate? It brings strong dps (especially for stacked cleave)/aoe stun/aoe interrupt and medicore cooldown with poor survivability. What makes it unbelievably OP though? Especially compared to balance druids/hunters/rogues or even unholy dks..

On another note guys, I dinged my warrior to 110 i like playing with him, what do you suggest, fury or arms? remember am sitting at 800ilvl doing brokenshore for 880 etc won't be around 900 anytime soon i believe and I am just trying to see whats the best viable spec dps wise for low ilvl - mid ilvl geared people to sink my AP in

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    On another note guys, I dinged my warrior to 110 i like playing with him, what do you suggest, fury or arms? remember am sitting at 800ilvl doing brokenshore for 880 etc won't be around 900 anytime soon i believe and I am just trying to see whats the best viable spec dps wise for low ilvl - mid ilvl geared people to sink my AP in
    Arms is much more legendary dependant than fury but answer depends on what you want to do with it? Raiding wise I think both specs are really great, for high m+ keys Arms is clearly better while for <16 you'll be doing fine with Fury. I'd set the loot to Arms and start with fury with WAs that help you understand what to push(f.x konshience on wago). With regards to gearing you should get 900 really quickly - do a full run of m0 with some friends in plates(or pug in plates ) then all lfr, norm NH + ask someone to boost you through weekly 15 and if possible through NH HC(CoF is your BiS).

Gameplay side, arms is a bit more "proc" orientated while fury has steady rotation that flows well and just gets faster and faster how you gear up.
    Fury CAN be boring at times, specially if playing in longer sessions, but rediciculous feel of sheer power compensate for that, you simply feel unkillable.
    Arm on other side is a bit slower and a bit of proc orientated (honestly, just need to manage CS reset procs), its survivability is a bit lower, however its compensated by passive OOC healing and Victory Rush. Its a bit more focused toward pack killing due to its passive cleave trough talents and several other spells.

All in all, Fury has Wrecking Ball, Arms has Fervor of Battle, both become Diablo 3 style of Barbarian and spin-2-win

As people said, both perform good and if you dont aim at higher Mythic+ its just the matter of what you prefer.

Both tend to be on upper side of power scale due to how well they scale with gear so if nothing change, they will keep getting better and better.
    But with that being said, freshly dinged toon might feel a bit squishy.

Of all the leveling experiences, WW/Brew Monk, Shadow/Dis Priest, Survival Hunter, Ret/Prot paladin, Enhance/Ele Shaman, Havoc DH, Frost DK and Fury/Prot Warrior i had easiest leveling experience on Warrior. With all others at times simply felt as i hit the brick wall, fresh 110 and transition from Broken Isles to Broken Shore, while on Warrior this was breeze.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2017-08-07 at 06:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

Thanks for the suggestions, ye I tried some LFR as fury yesterday and it was pretty much static 4 button click the whole fight. It seemed a bit duff but meh.

Gonna try arms as well since I see that AP is not an issue anymore and I can easily get a weapon to 35 traits, and see how it goes.

Despite Fury having a consistent, less proc-driven rotation, I still like playing Arms even during the Focused Rage days. I just like the "fantasy" of using a giant 2-hander to smash faces in. Besides, when you get that one pull with all the procs, it really is satisfying as hell.

But that's just my take, try it all out and see what's good for you.