Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    To be honest, i think it is something they would have NEEDED to do at the beginning of the expansion if it is to work.
    I agree, as a golden skin would require a lot of work, and announcing it now would cause an upheaval.
    "Hope can turn into despair in a heartbeat."
    R.I.P Chester Bennington 1976-2017

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Theres still the opportunity for it in 7.3.5. Just get on the forums and drum up attention for it, you got 5 months to get new skins in.
    yes because 36+ (46 with all the main hand/offhand)
    weapons models in 5 months, all very good, and with 4 different colours each, totally gunna happen

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Exactly. I didn't expect a "master skin" or whatever, but I did expect each content patch to include a bunch of new weapon models. Certainly at least one per artifact.
    gotta think, that is 46 weapon models (for all the artifacts), and each raid normally only comes out with like 20 max? (this is not including recolours)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I guess you get 46 including separate hands for some of the artifacts?

Yes, it's probably more than they usually do in a content patch. But they painted themselves into this hold with artifact weapons, and they should have committed to doing that. Obviously just my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except with nighthold we got the balance of power skin
    and with 7.2 we got the challenge skins
    we got the hammer in ToS, we have got new scythe and sword in argus
    we have a ton of new "light" weapons coming in 7.3
    we alos got a ton of new weapons with the 7.1 invasions
    dk and pally weapons models from vendors on broken shore in 7.2

so idk what your talking about 8 content patches without any new weapon models
    And of these weapon models were done, and heavily gated, before Legion released. You totally missed the point with this useless post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by John Macintosh View Post
    Did anyone else expect there to be a Master-Skin for the artifacts at the end of the expansion that would require you to first unlock every other skin + the individual tints?
    I kinda did, was part of my fun/motivation unlocking them.

I think this would've been a skin to show some true dedication to a character. (the challenge mode ones will be very easily outgeared with the next raid)

Now they said they were done with artifact skins and even nerfed the requirements for the challenge mode ones (i did 30 rbg wins on my dk, quite painful i assure you)

Anyone else in the same boat?
    Personally, I think of the challenge artifact skins as the 'master' Artifacts. They made it pretty clear that the Mage tower artifacts were the ones that represented 'ultimate mastery' of a given class/spec.

Also, putting a huge amount of effort into something you assume is going to happen without any hint/suggestion etc from Blizz is kinda setting yourself up for disappointment.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-08-04 at 06:58 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Did anyone else expect there to be a Master-Skin for the artifacts at the end of the expansion that would require you to first unlock every other skin + the individual tints?

I think this would've been a skin to show some true dedication to a character. (the challenge mode ones will be very easily outgeared with the next raid)

Now they said they were done with artifact skins and even nerfed the requirements for the challenge mode ones (i did 30 rbg wins on my dk, quite painful i assure you)

I'm glad there is nothing such as this in the game.
    I would have had to actually PvP and I just can't stand that crap in WoW.

except with nighthold we got the balance of power skin
    and with 7.2 we got the challenge skins
    we got the hammer in ToS, we have got new scythe and sword in argus
    we have a ton of new "light" weapons coming in 7.3
    we alos got a ton of new weapons with the 7.1 invasions
    dk and pally weapons models from vendors on broken shore in 7.2

so idk what your talking about 8 content patches without any new weapon models
    The models were in game since 7.0, they just weren't made obtainable till those specific patches. That's what he's saying. Maiden's hammer and 7.3 weapon models are the first new weapon models since 7.0.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    The models were in game since 7.0, they just weren't made obtainable till those specific patches. That's what he's saying. Maiden's hammer and 7.3 weapon models are the first new weapon models since 7.0.
    the invasions weapons i think were new, so were the paladin hammers/ weapons, but the death knight ones yeah were in the beta, just not obtainable

First of all, i don't think Blizzard would in anyway want to put you in a situation, where afking in bg's is a good thing.

2nd: Blizzard have been pretty clear for some time, that they respect alot of people either play PVE or PVP and do not go into the other. Having a master skin, that requires you to spend alot of your playtime going into BGs and proberly into rated BGs, would go against their current design philosphy. The very edge of this design is the challenge skins, which have a foot in each world.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest, i think it is something they would have NEEDED to do at the beginning of the expansion if it is to work. Many people would proberly feel like they got a kick in the groin, if Blizz hid a master skin(better then the other skins) behind things, which are getting out of date. Especially when it comes to the PVP skin, which actually takes a good amount of time no matter the skill lvl.
    The thing is though. You literally can AFK in BG's for weeks on end and obtain all your pvp skins. It would have been nice if there was a different approach for the PVP skins.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    (url snip)

all this draenei stuff, then the two legion sets.
    That link says all of that stuff was added in 7.3...

Also, why does it matter WHEN the models were created, it's about when they become accessible. I guarantee you a large majority of weapon models were completed before/early on in other expansions, you just didn't get to see them so early.

You'd think in an expansion based around your weapon, they'd go out with a bang and a new skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    You'd think in an expansion based around your weapon, they'd go out with a bang and a new skin.
    Why would they go out with a 'bang' when we're going to lose the weapons at the end of Legion?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Having a so called masterskin does not really make sense, because Blizzard does not expect people to be good in both PVE and PVP at the same time, which would be required to have all the skins. If they put in a masterskin, they would pretty much be dangling a big reward for doing something you proberly hate for a large amount of time.

Besides, we already have a masterskin in the form of the Challenge skin, so it would just be putting sugarcoating over another layer of sugarcoating.
    I partially agree with you, but what's the difference between that and the current "whatever content you hate" skin?
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Deleted
    If they would not remove the skins after Legion maybe it would be worth the effort.
    But for something to just be again be removed after a few months not worth the money we pay for the dev team to create content if you ask me.

yes because 36+ (46 with all the main hand/offhand)
    weapons models in 5 months, all very good, and with 4 different colours each, totally gunna happen

- - - Updated - - -

gotta think, that is 46 weapon models (for all the artifacts), and each raid normally only comes out with like 20 max? (this is not including recolours)
    And that's ignoring that we already have at least as many weapon models in Legion as any previous expansion. Without counting offhands.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And that's ignoring that we already have at least as many weapon models in Legion as any previous expansion. Without counting offhands.
    6x46=276 weapon models from artifacts alone, and if we want to count recolours that is another x4 meaning
    276x4=1,104 so yeah 1,104 weapon colours this expansion + the ones from invasions, nethershards, boss drops, the ones at the vendors in each class hall

Why would you go out of your way to unlock things assuming they would add something as a reward that was never mentioned?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Topher View Post
    That link says all of that stuff was added in 7.3...

Also, why does it matter WHEN the models were created, it's about when they become accessible. I guarantee you a large majority of weapon models were completed before/early on in other expansions, you just didn't get to see them so early.
    Posters like UcanDoSht literally exist to whine about this game. It's like a sport for them.
    Beta Club Brosquad

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    I partially agree with you, but what's the difference between that and the current "whatever content you hate" skin?
    The difference is that both PVE and PVP have a skin each atm. The difference is that you can rest on the fact, that while PVP has a unique skin, so has the PVE so no matter what you have the chance of getting a skin without doing your hated content.

The master skin is a thing, that if you want it, you HAVE to do something you hate or dislike. If you are a PVE guy you have to do PVP and if you like PVP you have to do PVE. If everybody from these 2 groups only plays what they like, nobody is gonna get the skin. That is the difference and that is what is wrong with the idea.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

If you want to get pedantic, the model for unlocking the third relic is considered the master skin by the game.

God no. This would be horrible, horrible, horrible for every player who plays alts. I am an altoholic (10 110s right now) and it's impossible to get more than the usual skins and tints on them.