Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You really overestimate Mei, for one. For two, she has FAR more limited range than Roadhog, way less health, and way less damage.
    I don't overestimate her, she's what I play the most and I have a pretty decent win rate(63% and at 2800 rating) playing her. 1v1 I never get beaten playing Mei, they die or flee every single time.

The issue with Roadhog wasn't balance; he was pretty even in terms of win ratio. It was how "fun" it was to play against, and whether it could be fixed. Mei is arguably "unfun" to play against, too, but it's inherent to her concept; they can't change it without removing her capacity to freeze people, which is her whole "thing".
    You could just stay outside of hook range and shoot him, he was an ult battery and is even more of an ult battery now, it's not even worth picking him...

Not 1v1; you had to rely on your team to nullify it. And the CD is relatively short. I don't agree with the nerf, but it wasn't because it was a "one-shot". As can be seen by the many one-shot kills that still remain in the game.
    The issue with DF right now is that it doesn't take long to charge his fist attack, it does a buttload of damage, he can move while building it, AND it causes a .5-1 second stun. The stun might not seem that huge, but when it causes a tank to drop their shield while the enemy is firing nonstop, it causes huge zones of Ult charge and possible easy kills on your team. That's only playing a backline, DF hiding behind his tanks and then causing it. It's even more of an issue if he flanks, and when he can hide behind a wall and then move into LoS and punch into your line, the mayhem it causes can be huge.
    His Ult seems to charge way to fast compared to other heroes.
    His only real counters are Widow, Pharah, 76 (from far away), and Mei. Mostly characters people never play because they are so easily countered by others. He's got more theoretical counters as well, but again, heroes people usually don't play due to having to many counters themselves.
    He's also close to where McCree was prenerf. DF can 1v1 tanks pretty easily with his high health and disrupt attacks. Short of Rein getting a lucky charge, I haven't played a tank yet that I didn't have to run back to my team.
    He also plays like he was designed to be a Meta breaker. His skill set just seems like it was designed to have flankers and dive teams played against him. He just too easily disrupts a linebacker style of group. Who knows, maybe that's exactly what he was designed for.
    I'm not saying everything about him needs nerfed, but some of his abilities need changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    It's just like getting pulled in front of reinhardt charge even though you're not in its line. Several times have I had someone standing in front of me when enemy rein charges, only for them to be pushed away and him sucking me in in front of him...

How was the hook combo even strong? Zarya could nullify it easily, Lucio could nullify it, Dva could nullify it, McCree could nullify it, Genji could nullify it, there's just so many ways to stop it.
    Completely agree. They shouldn't have nerfed it for the reasons they nerfed it. Maybe it could have been given a charge time to telegraph it better, but you're right, there were loads of ways it could be prevented by team mates; much more than with most other genuine one shot abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I'm not great, usually I am in gold. Last night was the most toxic string of matches I have been involved in. I played around ten games or so. Every single one involved one team losing badly because someone picked DF, with about 15 mins of play time. It then lead to most of the games being complete stomps, including one where my team could hardly make it out of spawn, because two people went afk the last game after our DF was a fucking joke and had like 3 kills in two games. I think they need to take a real look at how comp is going to played out in the future. Terrible choice to allow him in comp this season.
    A great DF can have an entire team based around him, Zarya, Winston (Who goes in first so doom doesn't eat it), a ranged hit scan dps (soldier on offense, McCree on defense) and two healers. Even a Mei helps a DF.

A bad DF will just cause a loss. A good DF will get several kills per life not 1 for 1 because anyone can 1 shot with rocket punch.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Sure, you can say that about almost any character though. Great players can make it work, sadly not many great players in gold/plat.
    Not many characters have a team formed around them as the center piece.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-08-04 at 10:07 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    A great DF can have an entire team based around him, Zarya, Winston (Who goes in first so doom doesn't eat it), a ranged hit scan dps (soldier on offense, McCree on defense) and two healers. Even a Mei helps a DF.

A bad DF will just cause a loss. A good DF will get several kills per life not 1 for 1 because anyone can 1 shot with rocket punch.
    Good DF players don't need a team based around them. In the right hands he's devestating on his own as a disruptor, chaser, finisher. He's just not the best for engaging. If he does have a team based around him, he's absolutely devastating at demolishing linebacker compensate at chokes and damn near forces a team to go dive.
    That being said, he does have some weaknesses, namely the range of his attacks. Even though the range is slightly covered, people used to his left click will be able to land some hits with him, he just can't trade fire with a 76, for instance. He also seems to be weak once a payload gets moving, basically in wide open areas such as Dorado or Gibraltar; however, the choke at Dorado or Kings Row he is super effective. On KotH maps and cap maps on defense he truely shines. His disruption at chokes just seems a little too good right now.
    He's a great flank style character and choke holder, and as stated, he does have counter heroes, but it's basically pick long range characters or someone who doesn't get picked in a lot of games due to "Meta."
    I don't believe he is overpowered, just a little too good right now, much like Ana was at her release.

Also finding out DF is the new hero to complain about having on your team. Team doing bad=that DF! Team still doing bad with a useless Hanzo=we got outplayed! Team doing well with DF=we could be doing so much better!
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-08-05 at 01:47 AM.

I think I should main genji now.

I'm getting most kills with him and dying least with him... watched videos for tips and how pros use him. learned his dash-melee combo and even baited enemy fire for good deflect damage/kills.

i'll probably try comp again, this time with genji.

wish me luck

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course I'm going to complain about DF when the other team are running Pharmercy, and their Zarya is bubbling everyone he tries to punch, then he just gets burned down having killed no one.

That's his biggest issue maybe, that it's taken a week for everyone to learn to just burn him down the moment they see him and/or people defaulting to his hardest counters from the outset. Like I said earlier though, anyone with ears and a gun is going to counter him because no one wants to get caught by his punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Good DF players don't need a team based around them. In the right hands he's devestating on his own as a disruptor, chaser, finisher. He's just not the best for engaging. If he does have a team based around him, he's absolutely devastating at demolishing linebacker compensate at chokes and damn near forces a team to go dive.
    That being said, he does have some weaknesses, namely the range of his attacks. Even though the range is slightly covered, people used to his left click will be able to land some hits with him, he just can't trade fire with a 76, for instance. He also seems to be weak once a payload gets moving, basically in wide open areas such as Dorado or Gibraltar; however, the choke at Dorado or Kings Row he is super effective. On KotH maps and cap maps on defense he truely shines. His disruption at chokes just seems a little too good right now.
    He's a great flank style character and choke holder, and as stated, he does have counter heroes, but it's basically pick long range characters or someone who doesn't get picked in a lot of games due to "Meta."
    I don't believe he is overpowered, just a little too good right now, much like Ana was at her release.

Also finding out DF is the new hero to complain about having on your team. Team doing bad=that DF! Team still doing bad with a useless Hanzo=we got outplayed! Team doing well with DF=we could be doing so much better!
    It has nothing to do with 'needing' a team around them. I don't even know where you pulled that from. I said that a team can be designed around him, not that he needs a team designed around him to carry him.

He has weaknesses and strengths and a team based around him minimizes his weaknesses and enhances his strengths. For example a Winston can jump in first and bubble giving him a landing zone and less guns aiming at him, Zarya's grav bomb makes it so DF can team wipe the opponent.

If you want to run him solo that is fine, but nothing I said was incorrect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting a loss in placement matches because someone leaves sucks balls.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Win/Loss is basically irrelevant in placement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Started yesterday morning at 2650, climbed to 2814 through winstreaks.

Then in the afternoon I dropped down to 2744.

FeelsBadMan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Win/Loss is basically irrelevant in placement.
    Starting with 1600 rating is basically pain in the ass.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

welp, played genji in comp - Lijiang tower and lost. all 3 rounds.

I was doing well actually. getting gold elims and obj elims. but our team had little damage output. we had d.va and zarya as tanks while the enemy had rein and Winston. we had a 76, the enemy had a reaper. I was killing zen and lucio but our other squishies die to the tanks. 3rd round, they just gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Your placement matches you based on your performance with the character you are playing. You should play the ones you are best at and not play something you dont have experience with just because someone told you to.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It has nothing to do with 'needing' a team around them. I don't even know where you pulled that from. I said that a team can be designed around him, not that he needs a team designed around him to carry him.

He has weaknesses and strengths and a team based around him minimizes his weaknesses and enhances his strengths. For example a Winston can jump in first and bubble giving him a landing zone and less guns aiming at him, Zarya's grav bomb makes it so DF can team wipe the opponent.

If you want to run him solo that is fine, but nothing I said was incorrect.
    Probably because your post above my reply and the one I replied to make it seem that way. "Not many characters have a team formed around them as a centerpiece," in addition to the way you posted about "a great DF can have a team based around him," as well as talking about "bad DF causing a loss," with no correlation between bad and good other than a team, you make it seem like you are saying they need a team based around them.
    Stating a "team based around him..." is true for almost every hero. Picking Rein when your whole team are flankers or dive except for you isn't always the best decision, for instance.
    If I misunderstood based on 1 post then that's fine; however, your 2 posts combined and the way you word them makes it seem as if you are saying a team needs to be based around him, much like how everyone thinks a team needs to be based around Bastion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nozmail View Post
    welp, played genji in comp - Lijiang tower and lost. all 3 rounds.

I was doing well actually. getting gold elims and obj elims. but our team had little damage output. we had d.va and zarya as tanks while the enemy had rein and Winston. we had a 76, the enemy had a reaper. I was killing zen and lucio but our other squishies die to the tanks. 3rd round, they just gave up.
    This falls into what I was trying to point out earlier to one of Jessicka's posts. Killing the heals, or even spawn camping them, can sometimes work but doesn't always. I'm not saying you should switch your character, but it's something to think about. It also never hurts to suggest to your team to maybe swap some things up.

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty shitty. games like widow won't swap when comp is bad and skill is worse has .09% win rate but tells its the teams fault if she looses. As Junkrate have top kills, objective kills and damage with both soldier and phara on team......i hate bronze...i can't carry as Zen/Junk (my two main heroes) out of bronze....just not possible

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    pretty shitty. games like widow won't swap when comp is bad and skill is worse has .09% win rate but tells its the teams fault if she looses. As Junkrate have top kills, objective kills and damage with both soldier and phara on team......i hate bronze...i can't carry as Zen/Junk (my two main heroes) out of bronze....just not possible
    Then there is the opposite where Widow is on point and everyone else still blames her for their loss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Probably because your post above my reply and the one I replied to make it seem that way. "Not many characters have a team formed around them as a centerpiece," in addition to the way you posted about "a great DF can have a team based around him," as well as talking about "bad DF causing a loss," with no correlation between bad and good other than a team, you make it seem like you are saying they need a team based around them.
    Stating a "team based around him..." is true for almost every hero. Picking Rein when your whole team are flankers or dive except for you isn't always the best decision, for instance.
    If I misunderstood based on 1 post then that's fine; however, your 2 posts combined and the way you word them makes it seem as if you are saying a team needs to be based around him, much like how everyone thinks a team needs to be based around Bastion.
    No.

/10characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    If you're "stuck in bronze" it's really easy to get out: Play Pharah. Since noone can aim, you're pretty much a god at that level. Just drop down when soldier/mccree ults and you don't even die (unless you're stupid and fly into torb turrets).

10+ Year Old Account
    Turns out Call Mech deals damage, and can kill people.

http://plays.tv/video/59864c455d23bc...ch-kills-genji