78. This poll is closed
  • YES

21 26.92%
  • NO

57 73.08%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point I am well and truly riding the free-roll train with 18k gold and just as much dust with which to do as I wish, what do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Blizzard is just too greedy.

An AAA game, such as GTA5, is selling for $60.

$50 for some digital cards, not even a complete set. Please.
    I will kill myself if I pay $50 and get only 2 useless legendary.

Even Blizzard knows it is stupid, that is why it gives a boost at the first 10 packs.
    Using GTA5 is literally one of the worst examples possible. Have you seen SharkCard rates? Have you seen how much it costs to get any of the newest DLC? Seriously, GTA5 is one of the biggest moneygrabs in the industry. I mean yeah, you can play some of the missions for something like a 10% discount on a vehicle for one person....
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Using GTA5 is literally one of the worst examples possible. Have you seen SharkCard rates? Have you seen how much it costs to get any of the newest DLC? Seriously, GTA5 is one of the biggest moneygrabs in the industry. I mean yeah, you can play some of the missions for something like a 10% discount on a vehicle for one person....
    You're talking about GTA: Online. He meant the game itself, I guess.

GTA:5 has DLC you pay for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    You're talking about GTA: Online. He meant the game itself, I guess.

GTA:5 has DLC you pay for?
    I guess that makes sense, always considered them one and the same because after the story there really is not much to be done outside of Online.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

In all honesty, I've always considered HS to be a stupidly expensive game. I've spent some money on it(Blackrock days), but the amount of money you need to spend in order to have a fun and somewhat competitive deck quickly goes through the rooftop.

Whoever passionately plays this game, they'll obviously preorder and they'll make additional purchases right after the expansion hits.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-08-05 at 12:35 PM.

Let's see, it would last about as long as a wow expansion if you don't play wild, and I don't think it's anywhere near the same amount of content for the same price. Nope. F2P sub-optimal deck it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Let's see, it would last about as long as a wow expansion if you don't play wild, and I don't think it's anywhere near the same amount of content for the same price. Nope. F2P sub-optimal deck it is.
    Once you've got the momentum going and you clear the dailies every day and reroll optimally it's quite easy to maintain a full Standard collection F2P ignoring the trash. The thing that hurts the most are the epics required for fun or off-beat decks like Renounce Darkness and such and you have to decide how bad you want them.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Once you've got the momentum going and you clear the dailies every day and reroll optimally it's quite easy to maintain a full Standard collection F2P ignoring the trash. The thing that hurts the most are the epics required for fun or off-beat decks like Renounce Darkness and such and you have to decide how bad you want them.
    I still want to make a Randuin deck one day, but hell that shit is expensive.

No. I enjoy the game, but at the end of the day it will one day be shutdown, and I don't consider spending all of that money to not have anything physical left over to be worth it. However, on that note I do consider other games, such as WoW worth that investment/expenditure because of the comparably much higher amount of hours I gain from said game (despite it only being online) when compared to HS.

I'm done spending real money on this game until they bring back Adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I'm done spending real money on this game until they bring back Adventures.
    U get adventure for free now and Also why do you want adventure back. It didnt bring Enough to the meta.. 45cards compared to 135. I am happy they removed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    You mean pay $50 for some online cards? No, I'm a F2P player, like most of the people on this forum.
    So am I, and I bought the preorder with tokens. One does not exclude the other as I'm sure many others have done the same. It's still F2P for me.

yes, why not, it's not as if it will cost me any real money, paying with battle.net balance topped up with wow tokens, got about £80 already, saving up for all the store mounts I havent got aswell which I will buy once another sale comes, usually Christmas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    U get adventure for free now and Also why do you want adventure back. It didnt bring Enough to the meta.. 45cards compared to 135. I am happy they removed it.
    I disagree there. LoE for example brought a couple completely new decks to the meta (Reno says hi). There doesn't have to be a ton of cards to shake up the meta, just a handful of interesting ones can do the trick.

As you need around 130 packs to get a meaningful amount of epics and legendaries from a set in order to play more than 2 decks/classes, I'm not happy with 135+ card expansions every 4 months, as it only allows you to stock up around 8k gold every 4 months, basically making the preorder mandatory (and still leave you with less than half the legendaries).

The $20 adventure has really good value.
    Emperor Thaurissan is included in all decks.

You may not get a legendary from 20 packs. Even you get one, it is an useless one.

Now the expansion has 2 legendary per class.
    F2P players will have a hard time to own all 9 class decks.
    Blizzard is really greedy.

If I really need dust, I plan to dust wide cards.
    As a 100% F2P, I haven't dust anything.
    The last two years, only 1 or 2 decks are really good, Pirate Warrior and Spirit Claws Shaman.

Remember, stay cool. Don't give Blizzard any real money.
    It is ok to "buy" with battle.net balance from WoW tokens.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2017-08-06 at 05:06 PM.

Not every adventure was as low impact as Karazhan. Also the adventures guaranteed that you would get the good cards when you put your money towards it. With expansions you must blow all of your dust to get some of the really good cards, unless you're Yugi or RNGesus with your pack opening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    I disagree there. LoE for example brought a couple completely new decks to the meta (Reno says hi). There doesn't have to be a ton of cards to shake up the meta, just a handful of interesting ones can do the trick.

As you need around 130 packs to get a meaningful amount of epics and legendaries from a set in order to play more than 2 decks/classes, I'm not happy with 135+ card expansions every 4 months, as it only allows you to stock up around 8k gold every 4 months, basically making the preorder mandatory (and still leave you with less than half the legendaries).
    Not sure what you're doing wrong to only save 8k gold every 4 months. I've opened around 150 Ungoro packs and have at least 2K gold more now than I had at the start of Ungoro that's a net 17K gold saved over the 4 months plus extra dust and cards from arena. Rerolling quests optimally and playing a lot of arena like the OP does help, buying from the Shop only gives you base value.

- - - Updated - - -

Adventures cost what? 2800 gold? A full expansion will cost 30000+.

I keep playing season after season after season, so I consider it more or less my subscription 'fee' for a great game to buy the big Xpack each time one rolls around. Of course I ordered it. Great game.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Not sure what you're doing wrong to only save 8k gold every 4 months. Rerolling quests optimally and playing a lot of arena ...
    It takes 10 games to get 60 gold from a "Win 5 games" quest.
    Assume you win 5 in a row and 12 minutes a game, that is an hour.
    Whatever it is, the rate is less than $1 a hour.
    This is lower than any other MMORPG with "in game currency to real money" conversion rate.

Arena takes longer.
    Although you can do it forever.

You actually convert "real" time to a few dollars.
    Not worth it.