Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    "I will always play a team that has a good chance to win the next game. In the Europa League if we can afford sometimes to rest some players we will do it."

Sounds like writing off to me.
    "Arsene wenger talking shit about europa league winner getting a champions League spot."

He wasn't chatting shit about the winner, just that he voted against winners getting a UCL spot.

PS I'm glad he's not taking Europa League seriously. Maybe after 30 years of management he's grown some balls and will try to win the league instead of wasting his best 11 trying to win all 4 trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    "Arsene wenger talking shit about europa league winner getting a champions League spot."

He wasn't chatting shit about the winner, just that he voted against winners getting a UCL spot.

PS I'm glad he's not taking Europa League seriously. Maybe after 30 years of management he's grown some balls and will try to win the league instead of wasting his best 11 trying to win all 4 trophies.
    oh you want that bit, well you have to break down the broken english of wenger but "You cannot go into the season and think that (you will get into the Champions League by winning the Europa League). I always was not in favour of that. I think at some stage it can influence on the championship. If a team is in April in a position where they have more chance to win the Europa League they can let some games go in the championship, and not completely focus on that, on the regularity of the competition." So basically QQ another cup would take away focus from the league, europa aint shit

I'm not surprised hes not gonna try either its why I had arsenal in my top 4 prediction. Was hoping they would try win something on their level at least instead of going for that CL money.

Deleted
    "I will always play a team that has a good chance to win the next game. In the Europa League if we can afford sometimes to rest some players we will do it."

Sounds like writing off to me.
    Thats not what he's saying at all though.

No big team in the Europa throws out there best 11 for the group stages, there's no point against minnows. It's the same as the FA and League Cups, if your against someone whose the equivalent of our League 1 and 2 teams, whats the point in chancing an injury?

I think Arsenal will put some effort into the Europa, because its a chance for Arsene to end a season with some silverware, but that doesn't mean they have to throw there best at it everygame.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Thats not what he's saying at all though.

No big team in the Europa throws out there best 11 for the group stages, there's no point against minnows. It's the same as the FA and League Cups, if your against someone whose the equivalent of our League 1 and 2 teams, whats the point in chancing an injury?

I think Arsenal will put some effort into the Europa, because its a chance for Arsene to end a season with some silverware, but that doesn't mean they have to throw there best at it everygame.
    Taking cups lightly and not fielding a good team can get you knocked out to teams like AA gent, something spurs would know well.

Deleted
    Taking cups lightly and not fielding a good team can get you knocked out to teams like AA gent, something spurs would know well.
    Taking cups lightly also gets you into the top four, something Man U is starting to learn.

Taking cups lightly also gets you into the top four, something Man U is starting to learn.
    This top 4 obsession is lame, football is about winning. Not getting purse money to keep your board of directors happy.

Deleted
    This top 4 obsession is lame, football is about winning. Not getting purse money to keep your board of directors happy.
    Football is about winning, but some teams can't afford to spend 300m + on a squad and only win the Europa League.

If Chelsea hadn't played there balls off last season, Spurs would have won, hands down. We put far more into winning the Premier League than Man U did, and with the exception of the Champions League, thats all I care about.

Football is about winning, but some teams can't afford to spend 300m + on a squad and only win the Europa League.

If Chelsea hadn't played there balls off last season, Spurs would have won, hands down. We put far more into winning the Premier League than Man U did, and with the exception of the Champions League, thats all I care about.
    People already forgetting about Leicester winning the league. They didnt spend big and managed to make a good team.

And easy to say "would have won". If chelsea didnt do so well and spurs were in front whos to say the pressure would have gotten to them and other teams would have caught up.

Deleted
    People already forgetting about Leicester winning the league. They didnt spend big and managed to make a good team.

And easy to say "would have won". If chelsea didnt do so well and spurs were in front whos to say the pressure would have gotten to them and other teams would have caught up.
    And what exactly does that have to do with Man U spending 300m + and winning in essence fuck all?

Honestly Man U ending up in the Europa is the worst thing to happen to you lot, harping on about winning it is embarassing.

And what exactly does that have to do with Man U spending 300m + and winning in essence fuck all?

Honestly Man U ending up in the Europa is the worst thing to happen to you lot, harping on about winning it is embarassing.
    Could be 600 million for all I care, market is fucked end of. Clubs with money are going to have to spend it.

And you can only win whats in front of you. Beats not trying at all in competitions

Could be 600 million for all I care, market is fucked end of. Clubs with money are going to have to spend it.
    Yeah that's great and all if you actually have money but Arsenal don't have that much. Yes there's 150-200m in the bank but we're making payments on the stadium for another 10 years. That money is stadium money. Trying to operate completely in the red keeps us consistent but unfortunately always that little bit short of winning something.

If we broke the bank for one or two years and fleshed out the squad instead of always being 1 or 2 players short we'd have a better chance. Instead we create a situation where our best players want to leave because they're not getting the support. RVP wanted to leave after Wenger told him he wasn't going to make big signings and this is how it's going to be. And now Alexis wants to go. This is where all my beef with Wenger comes from tbh because even with this philosophy, there's no guarantee that 10, 20 years down the road you're still consistent because of operating in the red right now.

Actually Leicester are not shy spending money, theres always been this thing that they won with a bunch of freebie and bargains. The season they won the league they spend more than Spurs Arsenal Everton and most other teams in the league. Respect for winning still but its not quite the fairy tale hollywood would have you believe. In fact over the last 5 years they have a net spend nearly as much as Chelsea on transfers.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/prem...t-five-seasons

Christ, those Manchester clubs purchase gross...

yup and thats before Matic happened

Chelsea are without our two bogey players. I think we'll win.
    Yep. No Hazard to Beyblade Coquelin again.
    We still have Alonso though. Watch out Bellerin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Frank View Post
    Yep. No Hazard to Beyblade Coquelin again.
    Lmao. Someone needs to make a "let it RIIIIIIIP" video ft. Hazard and Coq.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    Actually Leicester are not shy spending money. In fact over the last 5 years they have a net spend nearly as much as Chelsea on transfers.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/prem...t-five-seasons
    Foxes are not that shy of money with Thai investors no, cant compare their net spend to chelsea that is misleading. Look at how much money chelsea makes from selling all of englands youngest and brightest talent, sending them out on loans to any club that will pay it. That will eventually catch up them where the best talent wont go there anymore because of lack of opportunity.

Spurs do have a pretty good business model, but now with paying off a stadium are they really gona hold onto their talent forever? Can easily see Dele Alli going for a big money move.

- - - Updated - - -

Snip
    yeah the current arsenal business model reminds me of the frog in the well. 1 step up 1 step back

Deleted
    So fellas what do we think about video assistant ref?

I'm unsure, its the right call but does it steal some magic from the game?

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    So fellas what do we think about video assistant ref?
    I'm unsure, its the right call but does it steal some magic from the game?
    That example is particularly bad, not sure why the ref didnt call the penalty earlier he saw it all happen. Maybe nerves with trying a new system?

It will take them awhile to figure it all out and will probably be a few big mistakes then it will be all good.