Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Casuality isn't defined by time, but by activity. Someone who spends 14 hours a day doing pet battles is the very definition of casual. Someone who plays 1 hour per week clearing a M+20 is a hardcore player by definition.
    I spend ~5.5 hours a week raiding heroic, and do one M+15, then probably put 15+ hours a week into pet battles, mog runs, leveling alts, gathering mounts ect. What am I?

15+ Year Old Account
    All the discussions about being casual are moot anyway, the OP's using a downright horrible itemization just to flex his epeen with a high itemlevel. Someone 20 levels lower but with proper gear will crap on him every single time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I spend ~5.5 hours a week raiding heroic, and do one M+15, then probably put 15+ hours a week into pet battles, mog runs, leveling alts, gathering mounts ect. What am I?
    Softcore or whatever they call the rank between casual and hardcore that has 2 raid nights a week doing heroic.

Deleted
    He gets the minimum Gear. Its funneled into DPS/Heal. You have no Set in your Armory so you are not better Geared anyway

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Why do people assume casual should mean no skill? You can play 10 hours a day and suck. You can play on a more casual schedule and still defeat semi difficult content. Probably not mythic raids or very very high keys, but you can be casual and clear heroic. I've done LFR TOS on alt when bored (never again) and that felt slower than clearing heroic on my main did.
    Here's the thing: You are using a different definition for casual than the community as a whole. You equate casual meaning low time investment. The community equates casual as anyone who does not run end game content of particular difficulty. It isn't a matter of skill, as people can be carried through this, but that you actually run this content.

You can not change the meaning of a word because you want it to mean something else. If this thread was titled "I play casually and don't do mythic raids yet have better iLevel than the world 1st tank", no one would be arguing against the OP about what they're saying. It would be the truth: they casually play for an hour or two a day, don't run Mythic difficulty and have a higher iLevel overall. That's not the title, though. The title as it is written, if translated through the terms used by the community, is saying that they don't run end game content higher than LFR or base Mythic dungeons (the equivalence of previous Heroic difficulty dungeons) and yet they have a better gear setup than the world's first tank. They have been shown to run Heroic difficulty of the current raid and run Mythic+15 difficulty dungeons, which is far beyond what the label of Casual entails. Their gear, while higher iLevel overall, is not itemized in a way that supports an argument for being better than the tank they claim to be better than. This is due to using a trinket meant for a healing spec, having no Tier set bonuses and their Legendaries being not the optimal ones for their spec/class.

TL;DR - Words mean things, and just because you hold them to a different meaning, does not mean the rest of us will agree with you or support your claims.

I think the community is split on the definition, actually. I've seen heroic raid guilds refer to themselves as casual because they only require a minimal time commitment from their members. If someone does pet battles all day every day, they are a hardcore pet battler/collector, lol.

Why do people assume casual should mean no skill? You can play 10 hours a day and suck. You can play on a more casual schedule and still defeat semi difficult content. Probably not mythic raids or very very high keys, but you can be casual and clear heroic. I've done LFR TOS on alt when bored (never again) and that felt slower than clearing heroic on my main did.
    It doesn't. But raiding heroic and Mythic 15+ requires certain dedication. You need to know how to play the class and role and also know the content you are doing. This requires research outside of the game by reading up on the raid and learning about rotation, gear stats priorities.

This kinds of push a player as no longer being casuals in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    It doesn't. But raiding heroic and Mythic 15+ requires certain dedication. You need to know how to play the class and role and also know the content you are doing. This requires research outside of the game by reading up on the raid and learning about rotation, gear stats priorities.

This kinds of push a player as no longer being casuals in my opinion.
    Well then what am I, because I am certainly not hardcore anymore, last time I was hardcore was in Cata.

Tanks get loot after all the dps, and worlds first players also have like 5 mains.

but yeah I agree the wf/tf system was better when it was only 6 ilvl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segaki View Post
    so if mythic+15 makes you a casual, what am I who cant even find enough guys at night to clear mythic+0...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    +15 is casual now
    "casual" has nothing to do with skill, it has to do with time/effort investment.

It's a lot easier to hit 930 when you avoid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Knot View Post
    if you are doing Mythic +15 and clearing heroic you are NOT a casual
    The right sentence is if you are doing 15+ you are more highly skilled than the average wow player out there.

When I played wow, the start of Legion I was doing 15+ dungeons on time, and I was only playing 1/2 nights a week for 3-5 hours max = 10 hour maximum a week of play time.

lol at sco all he has is world first, money, reputation, credibility, fame and skill but this nobody has ilvl.

sco must be so jealous.

So if you read up on theory for like an hour once every 3/4 months (major patch) then you can't be casual? Interesting definition. And people wonder why LFR is supposedly too easy.

BTT: the idea of the thread might be silly, but it's a sort of decent example why TF is a problem for competitive raiding. Randomness in gearing feels way too big atm, especially when you add stuff like broken trinkets and old tier sets into the mix.
    Last edited by Alphatorg; 2017-08-06 at 01:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by djambalaz View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...n-mill/scobomb

That's him.... Scobomb- the raid leader and main tank of "method" one of the best guilds out there

And thats me :

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...blade/cluttary

A casual player who only clears mythic +15 for a 930 item in chest and clears heroic ToS and I am better geared than this guy. To me that's frustrating. How can you be a super duper hardcore player and invest most of your time and social life in mythic raiding etc and be as well geared as a casual guy who does cross realm raiding....

But honestly.... I LOVE IT!
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, contrary to popular belief, titanforged/warforged items are the best thing that's happened to wow in years.

Finally I won't have to spend weeks gutting out poorly scripted encounters for a false sense of glory and arguably the best gear the game has to offer. I can simply get up in the morning and spend 20 mins to form a decent 5 man grp and then invest another 1-2 hours to steamroll mythic+ dungeons for top caliber equipment.

I'm honestly baffled why everyone is sh*tting on Legion so much when it's the only expansion that's so versatile and casual friendly.

Well then what am I, because I am certainly not hardcore anymore, last time I was hardcore was in Cata.
    Does it matter? It is not black and white. There is a lot of grey in between.

Time is not the only factor.

Content consumed is not the only factor.

Skill is not the only factor.

If there is a labelling you are looking, I would put it as a hobbyist. You put time and effort to improve your play. You want to be good but does not need to be the best. Much like playing sport. I want to play well but I do not care about playing in competition or leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    You may have a higher ilvl, but you don't have 1/10th of his skill set. You just got lucky with RNG. Not something I'd brag about.
    Summed it pretty well with this,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Summed it pretty well with this,
    And also, he's using like, an ilvl 900 trinket, for example. I really don't get what the point in this thread is really.

so you have better gear than world first guild but can't even do mythic raid? which means better gear but less skill?

a lot of guilds have raiders with better gear than sco, but didn't claim WF...

Quote Originally Posted by Knot View Post
    if you are doing Mythic +15 and clearing heroic you are NOT a casual
    Ehm... Yes you are.
    HC is silly easy and so is a +15 for the most part. You don't even have to do one in time.

Being casual =/= not doing mythic raids.
    Seems that you are just not good/dedicated enough for hardest diffculty.