Deleted

Cloak+Shoulders viable?

Hey there,
    did some sims with leg shoulders+cloak and crit/haste rings, neck, belt, bracers and boots that ended up pretty good on paper.
    Unfortunately I don't have that much crit+haste offset items to test it myself - did anyone test it in tos hc/mythic?

Quote Originally Posted by Shishar View Post
    Hey there,
    did some sims with leg shoulders+cloak and crit/haste rings, neck, belt, bracers and boots that ended up pretty good on paper.
    Unfortunately I don't have that much crit+haste offset items to test it myself - did anyone test it in tos hc/mythic?
    Sim it for yourself and see if it does more damage my dude

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hexify View Post
    Sim it for yourself and see if it does more damage my dude
    Because with sims you magically create a raid environment when you do them twice, yeah.

I will upload some pictures when I'm home.
    What's really interesting with this setup, is that I gain 30dps per Crit and nearly 30dps per haste point (gs926).
    That's the biggest dps increase per item level I got until now, seems intesting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because with sims you magically create a raid environment when you do them twice, yeah.

I will upload some pictures when I'm home.
    What's really interesting with this setup, is that I gain 30dps per Crit and nearly 30dps per haste point (gs926).
    That's the biggest dps increase per item level I got until now, seems intesting.
    No, it doesn't simulate raid situation. What it does however is it gives you the rough idea of DPS comparisons between the 2 (or more) items. But of course if it happens that you lose DPS because all of a sudden you have to run and soak or do something else, you'd lose that DPS no matter what items you have equipped. So saying that sims are not accurate is wrong. The way some people use simc is wrong, but simc itself is an amazing tool for comparing different pieces of gear on a SAME character.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    No, it doesn't simulate raid situation. What it does however is it gives you the rough idea of DPS comparisons between the 2 (or more) items. But of course if it happens that you lose DPS because all of a sudden you have to run and soak or do something else, you'd lose that DPS no matter what items you have equipped. So saying that sims are not accurate is wrong. The way some people use simc is wrong, but simc itself is an amazing tool for comparing different pieces of gear on a SAME character.
    Do you even read a post before you reply ? I don't think so.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you even read a post before you reply ? I don't think so.
    You said you simmed, it ended up good on paper. If it ended up good on paper, you can use those results as a valid, viable comparison between the sets of items you simmed. For example, if you ran sims with Cloak+Shoulders, and on paper it ended up being the strongest on patchwerk fights, then you can pretty much say that it's the best combination for that scenario.

But you also mentioned 'raid situation'. I assume it means the mechanics - soaking, going away from the boss, target switching, things going somehow wrong, whatever. In that scenario, you lose dps. You'd lose that dps even with other legendaries.

Does it clarify my response or I need to draw it?
    Burn it. BURN IT!

You said you simmed, it ended up good on paper. If it ended up good on paper, you can use those results as a valid, viable comparison between the sets of items you simmed. For example, if you ran sims with Cloak+Shoulders, and on paper it ended up being the strongest on patchwerk fights, then you can pretty much say that it's the best combination for that scenario.

But you also mentioned 'raid situation'. I assume it means the mechanics - soaking, going away from the boss, target switching, things going somehow wrong, whatever. In that scenario, you lose dps. You'd lose that dps even with other legendaries.

Does it clarify my response or I need to draw it?
    I think you missed his sarcasm in his response post to the other guy. He was being sarcastic about sims creating a raid environment.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by runique View Post
    I think you missed his sarcasm in his response post to the other guy. He was being sarcastic about sims creating a raid environment.
    I know he was sarcastic. The guy told him to sim, and he, in a sarcastic way, said that he did but it's not that reliable as it doesn't create the exact raid situation. And I told him that it doesn't matter if it does or does not simulate raid situation because it shows the raw dps values of those items on your class and spec, taking all your stats and power augmentations into account. Whether it takes into account the dps loss because of certain situations in an encounter is completely irrelevant as you'd lose that dps with any legendaries.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

Deleted
    I know he was sarcastic. The guy told him to sim, and he, in a sarcastic way, said that he did but it's not that reliable as it doesn't create the exact raid situation. And I told him that it doesn't matter if it does or does not simulate raid situation because it shows the raw dps values of those items on your class and spec, taking all your stats and power augmentations into account. Whether it takes into account the dps loss because of certain situations in an encounter is completely irrelevant as you'd lose that dps with any legendaries.
    If you really read my post, you should know I didnt adress my post to smartasses, but to people who actually tested it.
    It must have a reason no one in top logs run this setup although i'ts this high on paper.
    Just do us a favour, stop spamming and stay out.

Back to topic:

This is a crit/haste build with shoulders and cape.
    GS is HC-ish, I think it was 926.
    The value of crit and haste seems to increase with increasing gs.
    As I recall, shoulders+Anger builds end up with +/-30dps/crit and ~25DPS/haste or ~25dps/vers with similar gs.

demonhunter="Narf"
    level=110
    race=night_elf
    region=eu
    server=lul
    role=attack
    professions=alchemy=800/enchanting=262
    talents=2221311
    spec=havoc
    artifact=3:0:0:0:0:1000:4:1001:4:1002:4:1003:4:1004:4:1005:4:1006:4:1007:4:1008:4:1010:1:1 011:1:1012:1:1013:1:1014:1:1015:1:1016:1:1330:1:1362:1:1493:4:1494:1:1495:1:1496:9:1630:1

head=,id=147130,gem_id=130219,bonus_id=3562/1808/1497/3528
    neck=,id=133767,enchant_id=5439,bonus_id=3535/1567/3336
    shoulder=,id=144279,enchant_id=5883,bonus_id=3459/3570
    back=,id=151798,enchant_id=5435,bonus_id=3459/3570
    chest=,id=147127,bonus_id=3562/1497
    wrist=,id=147042,bonus_id=3562/1497/3528
    hands=,id=147129,bonus_id=3562/1497/3528
    waist=,id=139243,bonus_id=3418/1582/3337
    legs=,id=147131,bonus_id=3562/1497/3528
    feet=,id=137397,bonus_id=3418/1572/3337
    finger1=,id=134528,enchant_id=5428,bonus_id=3536/1582/3337
    finger2=,id=134525,enchant_id=5428,bonus_id=3536/1582/3337
    trinket1=,id=140796,bonus_id=3516/1507/3337
    trinket2=,id=147009,bonus_id=3562/1517/3337
    main_hand=,id=127829,gem_id=140824/137347/140824,bonus_id=719,relic_id=3518:1502:3528/3536:1582:3337/3516:1497:3336
    off_hand=,id=127830
    Last edited by mmoce35c6f5a78; 2017-08-04 at 03:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It might be viable on paper, but in a boss fight it FEELS better to have as much fury as possible so you have less downtime, squeezing out the extra chaos strike is important. This is why anger is such a mandatory leggo. What's your base crit % at when you are sitting in dalaran?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seraphbreak View Post
    It might be viable on paper, but in a boss fight it FEELS better to have as much fury as possible so you have less downtime, squeezing out the extra chaos strike is important. This is why anger is such a mandatory leggo. What's your base crit % at when you are sitting in dalaran?
    Anger definitly feels better, yep. The question is: Will we be able to drop it with increasing gs and more haste?
    To answer your question: My base crit is +/- 48%.

If you really read my post, you should know I didnt adress my post to smartasses, but to people who actually tested it.
    It must have a reason no one in top logs run this setup although i'ts this high on paper.
    Just do us a favour, stop spamming and stay out.
    You seem like a pleasant person. Please allow me to dive into your question to work towards an answer that suits you and matches your expectations.

Anger definitly feels better, yep. The question is: Will we be able to drop it with increasing gs and more haste?
    To answer your question: My base crit is +/- 48%.
    Have you read any replies about the cloak? I mean really.

Your question simply implies that you don't have anger because it doesn't matter what set up you have anger+shoulder always sims the highest for me.

Also what's your definition of "viable?" i mean, prydaz is viable too in a lot situation. dps wise it's not horrible neither.