Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    For a US citizen yes, but it about to throw the Australian government into chaos come Monday....
    How so? Honest question actually. I read what they said and I thought it pretty much went down as an average convesation (aside from Dumps dumbassery). Did I miss something?

15+ Year Old Account
    Up until the leaks of the private conversations recently - I was on the side of the leakers.

HOWEVER - the leaks of private communications, intended to be private between leaders of countries is crossing a line.
    Generally I'd agree, but begging other world leaders to lie for you so that you'll look better is something that the world has been done a great service by knowing.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    How so? Honest question actually. I read what they said and I thought it pretty much went down as an average convesation (aside from Dumps dumbassery). Did I miss something?
    It exposed a massive lie from the LNP and PM. Basically they told us there was no refugee 'swap' arrangement when the phone call clearly shows a swap type arrangement was in place.

It showed the PM has lied in reference to how many people the US were to take, Trump was told he could take zero as long as they were vetted so it appeared to be in good faith.

It presented more evidence that the refugees welfare doesn't matter, only how they affect the party in the polls.

I'm happy it leaked, all the more tangible evidence that the government isn't fit to govern.

The main reason you didn't hear about as many Obama leaks is because the media covered for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    The main reason you didn't hear about as many Obama leaks is because the media covered for him.
    I'd love to see some proof of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'd love to see some proof of that.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/em...rticle/2630650

You ask and shall receive.

So it takes them 24 hours to report the story, OMG WHAT A COVERUP!!!1

I...so your "proof" that media covered for Obama and didn't report leaks, is that the Post and Times took a day to cover the Bill Clinton/Lynch meeting?

Do you mind connecting those dots for me, because I'm not seeing it.

Edit - Read through the ACLJ's report, and don't have the interest to read all the emails, but they seem to be sensationalizing these emails quite a bit. Like, a helluva lot. I checked the ones they referenced, and context presents almost everything they quoted in a very different light. Then again, sites looks to be heavily biased to the right so I can't say I'm surprised.

Edit 2 - Hahaha holy shit - https://aclj.org/jay-sekulow

Trumps lying attorney is the Chief Counsel of the ACLJ. Holy shit, this is too much, dude.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-08-06 at 06:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    It exposed a massive lie from the LNP and PM. Basically they told us there was no refugee 'swap' arrangement when the phone call clearly shows a swap type arrangement was in place.

It showed the PM has lied in reference to how many people the US were to take, Trump was told he could take zero as long as they were vetted so it appeared to be in good faith.

It presented more evidence that the refugees welfare doesn't matter, only how they affect the party in the polls.

I'm happy it leaked, all the more tangible evidence that the government isn't fit to govern.
    They told you guys there was no refugee deal?!?

The deal was made under Obama and made press in the US (with Trump as president) well before the transcripts were released. In the facts the transcripts only reaffirm a conversation that we already knew about. The story was released months ago without the word-for-word transcript.

Only the Mexican half of the transcripts (in a different thread) are "new" but we already knew Mexico wasn't going to pay for a wall.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    The current no boats policy is pretty controversial in Australia, the fact that Turnbull was instructing Trump to only follow the letter of the agreement and not the spirit is likely to damage Turnbull's position which is on a very narrow line between extreme views on either side.

He is already walking a knife edge as PM for other reasons ...

- - - Updated - - -

It presented more evidence that the refugees welfare doesn't matter,
    Well - the current policy is about protecting refugees as best as can be done within the confines of reality. However the exposed phone call exposes a flaw in the implementation of said policy.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I love transparency, but classified intel leaks are just plain bad. Someone low the food chain could easily get people killed because they don't see the whole picture.

When it comes to non-classified leaks exposing Trump then I don't see a problem with it. He's done some truly stupid things and it's disturbing watching most of his supporters ignore them. But, bit by bit he's losing them because they're getting to see and hear some truth.

It's in the nation's and world's best interest for us all to see what Trump is really doing. It will help make sure republicans get booted in 2018 and 2020. That's good for all of us.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2017-08-06 at 07:34 AM.

7+ Year Old Account

You might be, but no national security expert in the US, no serious person is happy they leaked.

I was wondering why so many came out so strongly against the leaks of foreign leader calls. Now I know why.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Wasn't Obama dealing with actual classified leaks?

Because the Trump "leaks" are mostly just White House gossip that makes him look bad. There's nothing really illegal there.

And who is Barry Hussein?

]
    Well - the current policy is about protecting refugees as best as can be done within the confines of reality. However the exposed phone call exposes a flaw in the implementation of said policy.
    The PM was exposed as an awful human being, the fact Trump came off as the better sounding person should cause Turnbull to retire in shame.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    They told you guys there was no refugee deal?!?

The deal was made under Obama and made press in the US (with Trump as president) well before the transcripts were released. In the facts the transcripts only reaffirm a conversation that we already knew about. The story was released months ago without the word-for-word transcript.

Only the Mexican half of the transcripts (in a different thread) are "new" but we already knew Mexico wasn't going to pay for a wall.
    I can't be bothered digging up the details but from memory but we knew about the deal, but they lied about a specific aspect, I think "officially", it wasn't a swap but some other pre-arranged transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    You might be, but no national security expert in the US, no serious person is happy they leaked.

I was wondering why so many came out so strongly against the leaks of foreign leader calls. Now I know why.
    I don't like our leaders lying to us. If you enjoy getting lied to then so be it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obama and Hillary in the same night on this forum on a topic by you, boy there must really be panic in camp trump!

The PM was exposed as an awful human being,
    How so ? Just because the deal with the US was a bit slack - doesn't mean he was an awful person.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't like our leaders lying to us. If you enjoy getting lied to then so be it.
    And - we don't vote for people who don't lie to us..... that's the problem with politics.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Really desperate for spin, aren't we? Kek.

The leaks are a direct result of bad leadership.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Politicians lie. Welcome to the real world.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Politicians lie. Welcome to the real world.
    Doesn't mean you should be happy about it or not call them out on it. Otherwise, what is the point in democracy, if you don't have reason to believe that politicians will do what they say they will?