10+ Year Old Account
    That was a bit painful.

Deleted
    Video ref works fine in Rugby, can't see why they can't make it work in Football.

Ofcourse there's going to be teething problems, and there'll be plenty of resistance to it at first, there was in Rugby, but now its a solid part of the game that adds maybe an extra 10 seconds onto Referees decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the video ref normally a different person entirely? Seems a bit naff having the ref walk over. The other ref can watch in real time while the game is on going. Main ref asks on ear piece 'is that a penalty' other ref decides while play carries on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Isn't the video ref normally a different person entirely? Seems a bit naff having the ref walk over. The other ref can watch in real time while the game is on going. Main ref asks on ear piece 'is that a penalty' other ref decides while play carries on.
    Yeah I've no clue why the refs have to go watch as well. Just have 3 people sit in a room, watch the footage, and once they've come to a consensus just whisper it in his ear, softly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Frank View Post
    Drinkwater would be a solid signing.
    As would VVD.

£70M should do it for those two.
    If ever there was proof the transfer market had become ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    People already forgetting about Leicester winning the league. They didnt spend big and managed to make a good team.

And easy to say "would have won". If chelsea didnt do so well and spurs were in front whos to say the pressure would have gotten to them and other teams would have caught up.
    Leicester were also the last English club in the Champion's League last season.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-08-06 at 08:56 AM.

Think we'll start with Batman up top today.

Morata in the 2nd half.

Buzzing for this. So glad pre-season is over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Thats not what he's saying at all though.

No big team in the Europa throws out there best 11 for the group stages, there's no point against minnows. It's the same as the FA and League Cups, if your against someone whose the equivalent of our League 1 and 2 teams, whats the point in chancing an injury?

I think Arsenal will put some effort into the Europa, because its a chance for Arsene to end a season with some silverware, but that doesn't mean they have to throw there best at it everygame.
    It's the only way Arsenal are going to see Champion's League again. They've been treading water for years, and that's clearly not enough anymore. They finished above United because we threw the league after the Europa Quarters. Now look at the money Everton are throwing around, yet who have Arsenal nearly bought this window?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    Christ, those Manchester clubs purchase gross...
    Well, at least in United's case it's not exactly money from rich investors.

Well I see it as a good thing, Feyenoord getting a goal and Vitesse not getting a clear penalty could easily decide the game. The scenario was quite extreme though, I doubt there will be many of those this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    All this Premier League talk on Spending when the best possible outcome of the Championship happened Blades win Wednesday lose. #mindthegap

Quote Originally Posted by Gorged View Post
    All this Premier League talk on Spending when the best possible outcome of the Championship happened Blades win Wednesday lose. #mindthegap
    We managed to not lose at Craven Cottage (that's been our boogey-man fixture for the last decade )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Frank View Post
    Think we'll start with Batman up top today.

Morata in the 2nd half.

Buzzing for this. So glad pre-season is over.
    "Buzzing"?

Fuck sake Lamps its a community shield. Aka brain damage football.

- - - Updated - - -

Getting sent off in an essential pre-season game = utter fanny.

Lucky he didn't snap the boy's Achilles like a rubber band.

Deleted
    I look at these Arsenal and Chelsea teams and they have that moyes man united feel. No players to be scared of. I wouldn't be afraid for Palace to face either of these lineups..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    I look at these Arsenal and Chelsea teams and they have that moyes man united feel. No players to be scared of. I wouldn't be afraid for Palace to face either of these lineups..
    The Arsenal/Chelsea ladies team would beat Palace tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    The Arsenal/Chelsea ladies team would beat Palace tbh.
    Tried to watch England Ladies vs Netherlands otherday, like watching a preseason friendly. Zaha would score 20 goals.

You can't say these teams aren't lacking. The Hazard/Costa missing is huge. And Sanchez is huge. You'd fancy your chances against these mobs.

Shit match tbh.

Pens it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Morata and Teeboo.
    Couple of clowns.

Deleted
    Courtois

Deleted
    Watching the finale of the women's European cup. Refreshing not to see players rolling around like a shot bitch every minute.

Deleted
    Courtois

I came for this. 10/10

Deleted
    Courtois

He was practicing his goal kick leave him alone.

Deleted
    ABBA is terrible.