Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I knew some idiot would respond to me with that dogshit. They can't see the differance with having to work with the faction you choose, or be completely sidelined. In the expansions they cosider ''Horde'' they worked with Alliance characters to push thier narrative.

I'm not even gonna bother, people who respond with that don't get it.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-08-06 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Jaina is so pretty in that art !

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlust View Post
    Because he's an idiot. He only cares about the Horde side of the lore, so he thinks that because Jaina reacted to having her city destroyed, she must be a dreadlord in disguise. Normal people can't possible become angry and want revenge when their life goals are destroyed.
    Well you can still care about faction lore and be reasonable.

I just find it odd that people could this passinately hate fictional character.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlust View Post
    Because he's an idiot. He only cares about the Horde side of the lore, so he thinks that because Jaina reacted to having her city destroyed, she must be a dreadlord in disguise. Normal people can't possible become angry and want revenge when their life goals are destroyed.
    To be fair, jaina worked really hard to get "her" city destoyed. And never accepted any responsibility for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I knew some idiot would respond to me with that dogshit. They can't see the differance with having to work with the faction you choose, or be completely sidelined. In the expansions they cosider ''Horde'' they worked with Alliance characters to push thier narrative.

I'm not even gonna bother, people who respond with that don't get it.
    When you keep crying for 3 whole expansions in a row you kind get accustomed to that behavior, it's instinctively triggered at any vague stimulation. It's like becoming a professional whiner. And you don't need stinky shit like "logic" and "reason" to sustain it. It just needs to be loud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    To be fair, jaina worked really hard to get "her" city destoyed. And never accepted any responsibility for it.
    Ehhh... what?! Garrosh started an offensive war and planned to "nuke" her city just in case the siege was unsuccessful. Horde fanboys exhaust me...

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    When you keep crying for 3 whole expansions in a row you kind get accustomed to that behavior, it's instinctively triggered at any vague stimulation. It's like becoming a professional whiner. And you don't need stinky shit like "logic" and "reason" to sustain it. It just needs to be loud.
    What is the third expansion anyway? IIRC it used to be two: MoP and WoD. Now it's three? Next they will call the game Horde of Warcraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Ehhh... what?! Garrosh started an offensive war and planned to "nuke" her city just in case the siege was unsuccessful. Horde fanboys exhaust me...
    Devil's advocate, as an Alliance main, Jaina did allow the swamp, her city, and the highway out of it to be turned into a major supply line and lifeblood of the Alliance campaign in Kalimdor, which led to situations like the sacking of Turajo. Even in Tides of War which was a very pro-Alliance book, it was raised as points by Baine against them at their talks about Garrosh's warmongering, and (if I recall right) Jaina was remorseful of allowing it to happen but didn't have any counter-points to justify it.

However, it didn't excuse what Garrosh did, especially not because of how POWERFUL the mana bomb would have been, if Rhonin (who was innocent in this situation) didn't sacrifice himself, most of Kalimdor would be a magical Nagasaki/Hiroshima, he had no idea what he was about to drop.

It was grey vs. grey, but Garrosh came in with a nice shade of black to things to turn the horde into straight villains for the next two years.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2017-08-06 at 06:46 AM.

Deleted
    Seems on the poster image like alternate timeline Jaina : One golden streak and gleaming pale blue eyes. Explains why dragons are important next expac as well.

To me, it's a book cover. Christie Golden is writing one. It would fit perfectly with how they had Jaina leave. A book to fill in the gaps as normal.

Calling it, it's the book.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-08-06 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    You're literally doing the opposite. You did the opposite about absolving in this very thread. Self awareness overloard. Meanwhile your SDF boogeyman is made of people that acknowledge Sylvanas does evil things (and half of them don't like Sylvanas). But in the world of Alliance players like you, things like clarifying that it's unknown what exactly she wanted to to with Eyir results in "So Sylvanas did nothing wrong" screeching and invocation of TEH CIRCLEJERK.

Except for the war Varian started in WotLK and post-WotLK ceasefire was broken by Jaina's own troops, sure.
    What war did he start in WOTLK? The attack on undercity that was started by a horde chemist, who's society was founded by Sylvanas, and in Vanilla had quests stating Sylvannas wanted a plague to kill all living?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Don't act like Jaina didn't do anything in Cata. Mobilizing her troops into the barrens, planning to raze Orgrimmar and nearby cities, Taurajo etc.

Because actively fighting the Horde for two years wouldn't make a city-state into a military target. No no no, in Jaina's mind (and in the minds of the people that defend her), neutral factions aiding Theramore against the Horde was a neutral thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    What war did he start in WOTLK? The attack on undercity that was started by a horde chemist, who's society was founded by Sylvanas, and in Vanilla had quests stating Sylvannas wanted a plague to kill all living?
    He was a traitor. That was as much of a Horde attack as Fandral spiritually fucking Thrall up was an Alliance attack. Varian used a situation he knew was caused by rebels to conquer a Horde city and when the Horde beat him to Varimathras, he rushed into Sylvanas' throne room and declared war on the Horde. Kinda the reason why wowpedia lists that as the start of the Alliance-Horde war that ended in MoP. And the reason why Shattering talked about a ceasefire between the factions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Garrosh would have started the war anyway considered his hot desire of burning Ashenvale to ash with all the Night Elves within but, technically, it's the Alliance that launched the first assault against Crossroads and later Honor Stand, even before Garrosh had chance to mobilize his troops over anything. Just to tell that "someone" knew what to do and wasn't exactly some helpless victim. Theramore was never personally attacked before Tides of War but they turned themselves into a target by actively supporting the Night Elves on the north.

On the other hand, for that same reason Theramore wasn't Garrosh's top concern, conquering the Night Elf lands was and be sure that it would have been successful (compared to what occurred in the Wolfheart novel where everything went to shit) which means he didn't nuke Theramore "in case the siege was unsuccessful" (the siege would have doubtlessly succeeded if levelling Theramore was the sole concern) he nuked it because he purposefully lured some of the best the Alliance could offer in defense of the place and then used the mana bomb to destroy all of them at once.

Long story short: Jaina became a victim not because she didn't deserve to be attacked but because her beloved city was turned into a mere strategic pawn on which Garrosh focused all the brutality he could muster to ensure the success of his grand campaign. Consequently, that's the point from where Garrosh started to border the villain territory.

About the Horde fanboys, well, your predisposition to headcanon is inversely proportional to your actual lore-related knowledge so I would keep my mouth shut if I was you.

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    What is the third expansion anyway? IIRC it used to be two: MoP and WoD. Now it's three? Next they will call the game Horde of Warcraft.
    It's Cataclysm, obviously, simply because of Thrall being overly present. That automatically means a whole expansion is Horde-focused indeed. Let alone Malfurion was the main star of the 4.2 and, on the end of the day, Thrall had fucks to do with all of that. But hey, he shot Deathwing with the Dragon Soul and stole the kill. That's unforgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    The attack on undercity that was started by a horde chemist
    A fight he didn't start on behalf of the Horde, he actually betrayed the Horde to do so and killed much Horde soldiers as Alliance's.

in Vanilla had quests stating Sylvannas wanted a plague to kill all living?
    I played all the vanilla Forsaken quests from Deathknell to Hillsbrad and for some reason I don't remember any of that.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2017-08-06 at 01:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Hmm, I am not sure what to think about this. But first of, very nice artwork!

But my concern now is that if or not Jaina gonna be the center figure in the next expansion, it's worth to mention that the post only mention "Jaina will be representing @Warcraft on the BlizzCon 2017 Key Art!" Doesn't mean she gonna be the lead figure of said coming expansion. More like center around the art, the new art that is to come to world of warcraft. I guess?

But if she now is the center figure of the next coming expansion, how will they make her? If she go the way as a villain, then both Horde and Alliance could have a quiet interesting journey of quests to bring her down. The Alliance side will perhaps have more focus of to be better then Jaina, moral quests, is it really the right thing she is doing or not? Should one sink down to the level of Jaina? The Horde side it could be about to understand Jaina from her own perspectiv, to see what she gone through and how she feels. It could potentially be a very cool storytelling for each side.

If they make her now as they have done with Illidan, then I gonna be rather dissapointed, as mainly a Horde Player, I will feel no reason at all to be at her side, she hates the Horde and everything inside of it, then suddnly we are friends? Thats just wierd. I imagen that it will never come to that, Blizzard wouldn't make such a swing around(I hope!). But also as a Horde Player to have her as the mainlead, making me feel that Horde is left out-.. again, my whole faction at this point is a joke.

However, just beacuse she is on the frontpage, doesn't mean she will be the lead of it in the end. Vanilla WoW hade Player Characters, TBC hade the new playable races, WotLK hade Arthas, Cata hade Deathwing, Mop hade Chen, WoD hade Grommash, Legion hade Illidan.

Two of them hade playable characters, Three of them hade Villains(Grommash was semi-villain but, eh), Two of them hade Allied NPCs. So either Jaina gonna be some sort of a ally to us, or become a villain.

Also we don't know if she will be on the box art, just the key art for WoW, so-.. not sure how to think of all this. I simple hope it won't be centered to much around the Alliance only. Or at least have -one- relevant Horde Character along.

It's Cataclysm, obviously, simply because of Thrall being overly present. That automatically means a whole expansion is Horde-focused indeed. Let alone Malfurion was the main star of the 4.2 and, on the end of the day, Thrall had fucks to do with all of that. But hey, he shot Deathwing with the Dragon Soul and stole the kill. That's unforgivable.
    You must be mistaken, these are the guys that whine about Alliance characters going neutral. Surely they hold the same stance when Thrall joins the Earthen Ring. Right?
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    These are the guys that whine about Alliance characters going neutral.
    You know, im really missing pre-cata alliance whining. It was so much nicer and classier. Nowadays its just....same thing every day since cataclysm was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You know, im really missing pre-cata alliance whining. It was so much nicer and classier. Nowadays its just....same thing every day since cataclysm was announced.
    You caught me in between some rigorous editing, my friend

OT, what were they whining about before Cata anyway? Sylvanas?

Cataclysm was horde xpac mainly because Alliance loses/Horde gains.