Poll: Should Doomplate Thrall return as a main character and Warchief?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    Well, there is still one son of a "warlord of draenor" that just sits in Garadar and hasn't been a warchief yet. And he wasn't a sad little bitch like Garrosh, maybe Horde should give him a chance.
    You mean Outland Garrosh who's on a 10 year old continent?

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    You mean Outland Garrosh who's on a 10 year old continent?
    Nah, the other guy by the fire.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I like Thrall, but I would be very happy with warchief Jaina. Especially if she dresses like an orc warrior.
    I would to see a boss fight along the lines of 'Council of the failed leaders', featuring Thrall, Malfurion and Jaina along with the spirit of Vol'jin. Make it a cross faction raid where both Horde and Alliance players can team up and share in the fun of putting these fools down.

I want Thrall to die and somehow have this lead to peace between the Alliance and Horde. Or at least I would have, when that would have made sense several expansions ago. They carried that shit on too god damned long.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Thrall is quite literally the ingame version of Metzen. With Metzen gone, there's no coming back for Thrall. He might show up here and there in the future as Metzen said he'd like to keep voicing him but I don't see Thrall playing a major role ever again.
    Metzen was on the Overwatch team for years and years and Thrall was apart of the story. Metzen = Thrall in-game is one of stupidest analogies ever dreamt up. Metzen voiced and wrote most of his story, but he's voiced and wrote many characters and he always said he sees himself more of a paladin. Metzen and Tirion have more in common.
    Last edited by Razaron; 2017-08-06 at 01:17 PM.

Having him retire was a good way to leave him.

No, let Thrall go off and be retired, the entire Horde is better off without him.

He claimed to want peace, then literally handed control of the Horde over to someone who had major warning signs of being pro-Horde (more importantly pro-Orc) war-crazed and blood thirsty. After all those events, he then went on a personal vendetta to seek personal vengeance and kill Garrosh, thereby forsaking literally everything he believed in. He left the Horde for his own selfish reasons of talking to the elements then when he got angry he went after Garrosh and turned his back on those same elements.

He is unfit to lead, serving his own interests before those of the Horde, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    He is unfit to lead, serving his own interests before those of the Horde, simple as that.
    I take it you're no fan of Sylvanas then because that last sentence could easily be identified as her.
    Last edited by Razaron; 2017-08-06 at 01:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to keep Sylvanas as warchief.

Too little too late, Thrall would have been amazing as a Warchief had they not stepped him down so Garrosh/Sylvanas/Vol'jin could replace him.

But sadly, Thrall chose to let go of his mantle, and since then, his character has become less and less likeable every expansion.

Could I see him returning as a champion of Orcs, much like Saurfang was? Thus Ironically replacing Saurfang as the champion of the Horde? Possibly, in that plate, possibly.

Could I see him leading the Horde?

Never.

Metzen retired. Thrall is done as a major character. In legion you don't even see him unless you're a shaman.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thrall does not need to be gone...just yet, but blizzards story pendulum swings massively once again. Thrall should have been (A) Killed off in a final hurray, maybe in place of Varian or Voljin or (B) missing in action like Turaylon with a lot of speculation to his whereabouts. Instead hes left lingering about like a turd that wont flush.

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post

After WoD destroyed most of the Orc characters of old and made them raging "Conquerers" even without the blood of Mannoroth, which IMO made the curse redundant as it portrays them negatively even without the fel taint.

Garrosh's character change and fall.

Saurfang is around and he's on his last legs.

Thrall's lack of impact in the story, loss of power. Should he now adorn his full Doomplate and return as Warchief and fill a hole he left since he became the world shaman? The Horde without any meaningful Orc characters feels like a shadow of itself, am I the only one who feels like this?
    What hole? Horde has a Warchief.......you might not like the Warchief but that doesn't mean they need a new one.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    What hole? Horde has a Warchief.......you might not like the Warchief but that doesn't mean they need a new one.
    Considering since Thrall left there has been no stability. I doubt this will change with Sylvanas, the title will be passed about for who's flavour of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    She only cares about the undead, she could give 2 shits less about the rest of the horde races unless she needs them for something. Thrall would had sacrificed himself for any of the races, She would not, shit if she had to choose between herself or the UD I think she would even choose herself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    Well, there is still one son of a "warlord of draenor" that just sits in Garadar and hasn't been a warchief yet. And he wasn't a sad little bitch like Garrosh, maybe Horde should give him a chance.
    Jorrin Deadeye? Nah he don't have guts like Killrog.

7+ Year Old Account
    Again, we need new blood, the game is old, and much thing happened, Thrall dishonored him his people and orgrin, if he want to back he should take leadership in SoO

new characters will show to the public that orcs can be good too, and not warmongering heads like WoD make look like, and thrall is not an exception just because was raised by humans.

and saurfang is old but he is fine to be Warchief, orcs like him live fr long years anyway, so he could raise someone to take his place like thura, or thrall's sons

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Main Characters" is not a thing World of Warcraft needs IMO. They should be pushing for multiple storylines with different characters interacting with the player. Currently, it's "Warcraft, starring: The Allyraces: Illidan the Elf, Maiev the Elf, Velen the Draenei, and Khadgar the Human!".

Next expansion apparently Jaina will be a central character, but they need to bring other characters and make those look awesome too.

Nah, makes for a more interesting story with them changing the Warchief once in a while due to various events. But I wouldn't have wanted them to kill of Thrall to do that, so the role he has now is great, means they can keep him around for longer as he's like an Orc Khadgar.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Again, we need new blood, the game is old, and much thing happened, Thrall dishonored him his people and orgrin, if he want to back he should take leadership in SoO

new characters will show to the public that orcs can be good too, and not warmongering heads like WoD make look like, and thrall is not an exception just because was raised by humans.

and saurfang is old but he is fine to be Warchief, orcs like him live fr long years anyway, so he could raise someone to take his place like thura, or thrall's sons
    It's so trendy to be a Garrosh sympathiser, Garrosh choose his own actions. Thrall put his mistake down in epic fashion, how that dishonours the Horde I don't have a clue. Garrosh was and will always be the biggest embarrassment to ever grace the Horde.

The only thing I do agree is they should be developing new Orc characters.