Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    4. What's up with "food pyramids" and courses that teach kids that pasta and bread are good for you? They have next to zero nutritional value and in 99% of cases can be substituted by vegetables high in fiber.
    It's because carbohydrates aka sugars should be the main source of daily energy dose (around 55%). You want to eat flour products because they contain starch which is being assimilated much slower than glucose and fructose. And they have plenty of nutritions, especially wholemeal products, which are reccomended.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2017-08-06 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fudgeit View Post
    A majority of people do not care about their own health. No matter how much data you send them, no matter where this information came from, some people just don't care. Me, I stoped trying to inform people of the hazards in their food. When I'm 60 and healthy, I will look at ghem while they are taking all of those medications and say, "I told you so." I think it is a bad habit not to care until it is too late. And for some it is a bad habit that has conciquences.
    For a lot of people, it's not that they don't care. It's that they are procrastinating. "I'll do it next year." Then, they'll give a half-hearted effort... fail, and say "See, I tried. I just can't lose weight." They'll eventually try again, but laziness is powerful habit.

Even when they'll have a bunch of medical problems, they'll use that as even more excuse as to why they are fat and lazy. "I have diabetes. It's genetic." Meanwhile, it's type II diabetes, and has nothing to do with genetics, but everything to do with overeating the wrong types of food.

There definitely is a glandular problem in the world today. The salivary glands.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    It's because carbohydrates aka sugars should be the main source of daily energy dose (around 55%).
    No, they should not. Stop spreading poison.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else here that won't gain weight no matter how unhealthy your diet is or how much you eat? So some people have an opposite issue, lol.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    No, they should not. Stop spreading poison.
    Yes they should, glucose is a primary brain fuel. You should simply avoid products containing lots of mono and dicarbs, which are mainly sweets, sweetened drinks etc.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2017-08-06 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    It's not entirely true. Apparently. in the US processed foods are cheaper than whole foods, according to a US citizen living in Germany. She also said, she lost weight just by not eating processed foods.

It is crazy actually, the US with these massive amounts of farmlands have to have expensive whole foods. Guess what, you beat the food industry your health care costs will plummet.

Also, according to some news outlet, the EU has regulations on HFCS in foods until September 2017. Thanks to lobbyist intervention this regulation will be lifted

Thank good I'm already off processed foods
    we shouldn't do anything to junk food, and should work to make healthy food cheaper.

it's harder to make healthy food, but it should still forcibly be made cheaper.

Yes they should, glucose is a primary brain fuel.
    The body (in the liver) can and does make all the glucose the brain may need. The idea that carbs are necessary, or even desirable, in the diet is part of the Big Lie that has led to the current obesity epidemic.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2017-08-06 at 02:19 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The body (in the liver) can and does make all the glucose the brain may need. The idea that carbs are necessary, or even desirable, in the diet is part of the Big Lie that has led to the current obesity epidemic.
    Yes and gluose isn't only used in brain, it's a fuel in evey living cell. You can't simply get rid of carbs, studies shown that when low on glucose in diet, brain starts to use fat for fuel. This causes the ketosis.

Yes and gluose isn't only used in brain, it's a fuel in evey living cell. You can't simply get rid of carbs, studies shown that when low on glucose in diet, brain starts to use fat for fuel. This causes the ketosis.
    So, the Inuit people, who in the winter live (or lived) on a diet with negligible carbs, don't exist?

Humans can live perfectly well on a diet devoid of carbohydrates. And ketosis is not a pathological state.

Glucose CAN be a fuel for every cell, but it's not a NECESSARY fuel for most, and what cells do require glucose can use the glucose synthesized in the body from non-carb energy sources. Glucose isn't even needed for high performance aerobic exertion, "carbo-loading" notwithstanding.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2017-08-06 at 02:50 PM.

The video, Adam ruins everything, did a good job of explaining how the world over has been conned that fat is bad so they are being scammed to eat "low fat' foods when the real culprit for heart disease was sugar.

Blame the Governments for letting these food companies to go unhindered, saturating sugar into everything as it is addictive, letting obesity/heart disease skyrocket from the 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Blame the Governments for letting these food companies to go unhindered, saturating sugar into everything as it is addictive, letting obesity/heart disease skyrocket from the 60s.
    It's not that the government was passive; McGovern's senate committee was the active agent in pushing the disastrous high-carb, low-fat diet. Obesity started trending up right after they did so.

Gery Taubes famously exposed the fiasco in 2002, and the counterattack has been growing ever since.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/07/07/ma...g-fat-lie.html

Quote Originally Posted by chewie49 View Post
    almost everything americans eat has some sort of sugar, high fructose corn syrup, or sugar substitute. and while it is technically possible to choose foods that do not have these, it's not an easy discipline, nor is it cheap. when it comes down to it, most folks dont have the time or money to eat healthy; especially when the alternative is so addictivley tasty.
    I kicked the High Fructose Corn Syrup addiction years ago, and am working to eliminate as much sugar as possible from my diet. My co-workers and people around me who went down a different path are mostly obese. Not just fat but obese. It IS hard work, it means reading lots and lots of itty bitty ingredient lists on every food item we buy, but it has paid off BIG time as my weight is in a very good place, and the weights of those who consume HFCS and sugar items is in a very bad place.

The government won't help since it is owned by the sugar and corn industries, and there is an army of Americans that will defend to the death the rights of big companies to poison us. Fortunately for me my salary is enough to be able to afford a much healthier diet.
    Last edited by Omega10; 2017-08-06 at 05:05 PM.

lots of those foods are faster to eat / prepare and most of all cheaper. sure you can eat healthy "cheap" if you know how to cook/prep but most people don't. Combine that with a society and culture (in the US at least) where most people are always in a hurry and you get fast/junk food splurges. I know my own diet sucks as i hate cooking, esp for 1, so i eat microwave meals and pre-cooked foods most days. so even though i go to the gym i'm heavier than my ideal weight.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Fauxpaws View Post
    For a lot of people, it's not that they don't care. It's that they are procrastinating. "I'll do it next year." Then, they'll give a half-hearted effort... fail, and say "See, I tried. I just can't lose weight." They'll eventually try again, but laziness is powerful habit.

Even when they'll have a bunch of medical problems, they'll use that as even more excuse as to why they are fat and lazy. "I have diabetes. It's genetic." Meanwhile, it's type II diabetes, and has nothing to do with genetics, but everything to do with overeating the wrong types of food.

There definitely is a glandular problem in the world today. The salivary glands.
    Ain't it the damn truth. Sometimes it's better to preach in your own circle and let them come to you vs giving advise in advanced.