Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Some people prefer dvorak over qwerty.. to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Monar is not being updated any longer, so ALL THE THINGS is the go-to addon for this now.
    I knew it hadn't in a while, though it's still working. Didn't know it wasn't going to be in the future. Author gave it up?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I knew it hadn't in a while, though it's still working. Didn't know it wasn't going to be in the future. Author gave it up?
    As far as I know, yes. The way that it was designed, he doesn't really need to update it to get the dynamic content to work. (as it uses Blizzard APIs to display content) However, any new content (Warlords on) has Bonus IDs which currently do not display properly in the last version published by m0nar. Blizzard has shifted to using Bonus IDs for everything, so the reliability of the addon will deteriorate more and more with time.

Author of ALL THE THINGS - Collections addon for Completionists

Deleted
    Always hated Personal Loot. Up until the point I got to a legacy LFR to farm an item. - then I hated it even more.

Took months. And yes, it might have taken the same amount of time with the normal group loot feature but hell ... does it feel bad to not see any drops at all with only 20 Gold to show for it.

And as far as I know there is a loot lock like in the current LFR as well. Could be wrong tho. tbh I never bothered to actually try it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went with a friend of mine to WoD LFR raids last week for a similar reason (We're about 70% or more done with WoD raids in most difficulties, and we had some time in our hands to use). I noticed that in the WoD raids, we got an epic drop in almost every single boss we killed. This gave me some hope that Blizzard had made some changes to LFR drops in legacy content, so I picked up an alt and went to Dragon Soul. I came out with only one item, and it's one I already had.

Collecting all these appearances is gonna be a royal pain in the ass, and I am not looking forward to it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I went with a friend of mine to WoD LFR raids last week for a similar reason (We're about 70% or more done with WoD raids in most difficulties, and we had some time in our hands to use). I noticed that in the WoD raids, we got an epic drop in almost every single boss we killed. This gave me some hope that Blizzard had made some changes to LFR drops in legacy content, so I picked up an alt and went to Dragon Soul. I came out with only one item, and it's one I already had.

Collecting all these appearances is gonna be a royal pain in the ass, and I am not looking forward to it at all.
    Some of the older LFRs let you trade items to other players (so if you go in with another plate wearer or something, you can give it to them).... But not Dragon Soul. I really wish Blizzard would adjust legacy content personal loot to not be such a pain.

Author of ALL THE THINGS - Collections addon for Completionists

Quote Originally Posted by Imoldgregg View Post
    As far as I know, yes. The way that it was designed, he doesn't really need to update it to get the dynamic content to work. (as it uses Blizzard APIs to display content) However, any new content (Warlords on) has Bonus IDs which currently do not display properly in the last version published by m0nar. Blizzard has shifted to using Bonus IDs for everything, so the reliability of the addon will deteriorate more and more with time.
    Ah, I did not know any of that. I didn't even discover the addon until Legion since I didn't care about mog when it was taking up bank/void storage space so I didn't know how it worked previously. Thanks for the info.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imoldgregg View Post
    Some of the older LFRs let you trade items to other players (so if you go in with another plate wearer or something, you can give it to them).... But not Dragon Soul. I really wish Blizzard would adjust legacy content personal loot to not be such a pain.
    That's part of why we did WoD ones together, so that we could trade shit we already have with each other. But to our surprise, we got quite a lot of drops, and we hardly had to trade anything to each other since we still had some appearances from LFR.

The thing is, Dragon Soul, you can go in there with an army of characters and still come out empty handed. It's maddening. It doesn't help that it doesn't work like MoP/WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Out of curiosity, may I ask what it is you prefer Monar's over? Granted each are welcome to their opinion and perhaps something you like that exists in that one could be incorporated or something. @Imoldgregg is pretty open to suggestions, it's just a matter of how much Blizzard actually allows with their API's and stuff.
    It's the sidebar when i am in the instance that only shows me the loot in that current instance. I like how Monar says "you need just one item from Morchok in DS." and when i get that item, the boss vanishes from the list of bosses i need loot from.

ATT just gives me that whole list of every instance everywhere and i don't really like that layout. By default it shows wat loot i need in Firelands, which i dont wanna know when I'm in Throne of Thunder. The whole thing to me just feels cluttered and messy with the different coloring.

edit: one thing that put my off is how ATT told me I needed Gauntlets of the Forgotten Protector (or one of those similar items), when i have the transmog of the item itself in my mogs already.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty006 View Post
    It's the sidebar when i am in the instance that only shows me the loot in that current instance. I like how Monar says "you need just one item from Morchok in DS." and when i get that item, the boss vanishes from the list of bosses i need loot from.

ATT just gives me that whole list of every instance everywhere and i don't really like that layout. By default it shows wat loot i need in Firelands, which i dont wanna know when I'm in Throne of Thunder. The whole thing to me just feels cluttered and messy with the different coloring.
    What you are referring to is the main window which you can disable. There is an option called "Auto Minilist" that will pop up only when you are in that specific zone (like a dungeon, zone, raid, etc), which is what Monar's had. So you could set it up the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty006 View Post
    one thing that put my off is how ATT told me I needed Gauntlets of the Forgotten Protector (or one of those similar items), when i have the transmog of the item itself in my mogs already.
    Could you provide a screenshot? If you truly have the item and it says you don't then that's a bug.

Here are the steps that will help give the most information into helping debug the issue.

When you are having an issue with ATT we suggest you provide the following information so we can help you the best we can.

Please make sure that when you take these screenshots you turn on "Show Shared Appearances" as it will provide us with a bit more information.

1. Screenshot of your options
    2. Screenshot of the item(s) in question. If it's multiple items only one is needed.

If you are missing items/headers then please turn on "Ignore All Filters (Debug Mode) and let us know if it properly shows up after that. If it does we can help narrow down what filter would be causing the issue.

I do dislike how ATT will show things I can never ever farm up (like old cadaverous set from scholomance) which makes me bitter; but do enjoy the depth of things.

Not bad for a mod with heavy updating.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Afaik that is only for Siege of Orgrimmar.
    Wrong, I always got loot from bonus rolls from older MoP raids. All LFR with flex (Siege and beyond) give 100% personal loot even without bonus roll.

But yeah, something must be done with Dragon Soul LFR.

Deleted
    Could you provide a screenshot? If you truly have the item and it says you don't then that's a bug.
    I've had this too and just went over a few characters to find a similar case. Just found it with my warrior and the Gruul set. ATT still thinks I need the tokens. Report incoming

I've had this too and just went over a few characters to find a similar case. Just found it with my warrior and the Gruul set. ATT still thinks I need the tokens. Report incoming
    Simply, most of this is due to filters. ATT is an addon that is geared towards completionists. Monar's had a filter you could turn on called completionist mode that would do the same thing, the difference is that ATT has this turned on by default, if you only want to collect appearances once and do not care about getting all of the different sources you can add a checkmark to the Turn Off Completionist Mode filter.

The other main question is when did you last try ATT. The addon has only been out a short time but initially it was very similar and based off of monar's. But since we have multiple people contributing and adding content to the addon we have expanded what is in it vastly. It now works for transmog, mounts, pets, toys, music rolls, illusions. It also now has sections for dungeons and raids (Lists every drop from all dungeons and raids, Rare bosses added, quests added, Achievements soon to be added, Tier listed for most, rest on the todo list), outdoor zones (quests, vendors, pets, world bosses, rares, treasures), World drops (boe's, seperated by expansion with extra seperation for easy viewing), World Events (content available from dmf, and all world events, plus some legacy content as well), Professions (still a work in progess, but has quite most of the items that can be crafted added), Item Sets (seperate place to look at sets and how far you are in collecting them) and then 2 dynamic groups (Mounts and Pet Journal).

We also have a discord channel where we take suggestions, work to fix errors, and can chat with users or give previews of upcoming changes to the addon.
    Discord: https://discord.gg/VHe8JC2
    Last edited by Daktar; 2017-08-06 at 05:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daktar View Post
    Simply, most of this is due to filters.
    Not wanting to turn this thread into a Bug Report for ATT, I'll send you a pm :-p

Quote Originally Posted by Kalerender View Post
    I do dislike how ATT will show things I can never ever farm up (like old cadaverous set from scholomance) which makes me bitter; but do enjoy the depth of things.

Not bad for a mod with heavy updating.
    There is a filter where you can hide unobtainable items and such that are no longer in the game.

If you are having the issue do please report it. Feel free to post it here, in the main ATT thread or message myself, Imoldgregg or Daktar, as well as the discord channel. Once we get some screenshots / more info we can help you the best way we can. Sometimes it is something simple, sometimes it's a bit more complex (as Blizzard has a lot of spaghetti code that causes issues like slowdowns and unintended results).

A lot will also depend on which version you use as well. There were some issues in past builds that should be fixed now (1.2.3 was released last night).

Either way in the end most people will have their opinions on what they like and dislike and all is fine. If your opinion on why you don't like it could be easily addressed we are more than welcome to look into it and see what can be done.

On a final note, if anyone is having issues with the Tier 4-6 sets saying you are missing a piece despite you know for 100% fact you have the tier piece make sure you click on the token in the addon. It is more than likely due to you missing the PvP piece of that tier since Blizzard made tier tokens for Burning Crusade able to be exchanged for PvP gear as well.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2017-08-06 at 05:44 PM.

Deleted
    A lot will also depend on which version you use as well. There were some issues in past builds that should be fixed now (1.2.3 was released last night).
    It's been happening with several versions, I just never paid attention to it. Screenshots provided was taken with 1.2.3 today, but it turns out that it's simply the PVP items showing under the Tier Token. @Imoldgregg already replied

It's been happening with several versions, I just never paid attention to it. Screenshots provided was taken with 1.2.3 today, but it turns out that it's simply the PVP items showing under the Tier Token. @Imoldgregg already replied
    Yeah, Blizzard figured in BC people wanted something else to do with all those tier tokens we got as dupes. Then after BC they are like nah that helps them actually get gear, let's make them grind more, more, more!

Deleted
    In my case it was Firelands.
    Monar had told me for many weeks I had every item from that place (even in completionist mode), so i was kinda surprised after installing ATT that I was missing stuff. Upon inspection it was those tier tokens. Since i dont need FL anymore i don't go back there, but i'll take a screenshot anyway next time I'm online (tomorow evening prob)

edit: dont wanna talk down anyone's work btw. All the work people put into these addons is hugely appreciated!
    Last edited by mmoce02695a3d4; 2017-08-06 at 10:15 PM.

On the topic of DragonSoul LFR, that place can eat a d***. Roughly 3 weeks on 3 plate doing the first half, got one tmog, a neck.... fml.