Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    ABBA is terrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Isn't the video ref normally a different person entirely? Seems a bit naff having the ref walk over. The other ref can watch in real time while the game is on going. Main ref asks on ear piece 'is that a penalty' other ref decides while play carries on.
    Yeah the video ref in Rugby is a 4th official.

You've got your ref and 2 linesman + a 4th official who sits off the pitch watching the videos, him and the Ref then come to an agreement on the correct decision, and the game continues.

It's a solid system and its baffling why Football is so resistant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Wait, Chelsea let their goalkeeper go second in a PENALTY SHOOTOUT!?

10+ Year Old Account
    And if i read it right, Conte blames the loss on his players being tired...... For christ sake the season haven't even started yet and already blaming fatigue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    And if i read it right, Conte blames the loss on his players being tired...... For christ sake the season haven't even started yet and already blaming fatigue?
    Wonder what kind of speech he'll have ready by the time it's Christmas.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    He can't help himself stealing Mourinhos moves ay. Conte is a mad man to give Costa the flick and play batshuayi instead

Deleted
    Costa has been wantaway for over two years to be fair.

That said these pre season tours are absolutely bonkers. No wonder the players are tired when they're playing three matches a week in countries five thousand miles away from each other in amongst training.
    Chelsea also aren't helped by their small squad size.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did chelsea do their preseason in Asia? That seems to not get players fit like the American camps do

Chelsea also aren't helped by their small squad size.
    This is probably the biggest cause of the fatigue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    This is probably the biggest cause of the fatigue.
    Ye that could be true, but then they really shouldn't play a bunch of friendlies just days before the season starts. Atleast United changed the entire starting line up in even all of their friendles so even tho they played a lot of games, most players only played 45 minutes.

Ye that could be true, but then they really shouldn't play a bunch of friendlies just days before the season starts. Atleast United changed the entire starting line up in even all of their friendles so even tho they played a lot of games, most players only played 45 minutes.
    In the friendlies that I watched, Madrid, Barca, and both Manchester teams used around 21 players in each of their friendlies.

If you have a thin squad with a lot of friendlies and lots of travel then that is a recipe for fatigue.

First game of the league and first game for Sporting, we won 2-0. Acuña was a good acquisition and Gelson Martins scored both goals.

Watched the Women Euro final and damn it was entertaining. A lot more happened than in a Premier League top clash that usually ends 0-0. And the recent international finals has been quite goalless too so this was really entertaining.

And Holland won! Hopefully this can boost the men national team's spirit in some kind of way.

Congrats to Holland. It's tough to really watch the slow pace of the womens game and the really poor goalkeeping though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Kolasinac looks to be a decent signing especially since he was on a free

Deleted
    Kolasinac was a very good player in Germany and has all the qualities to succeed in the Premier league.

But Arsene Wenger will sort that out in a jiffy and coach the defence right out of him.

Kolasinac was a very good player in Germany and has all the qualities to succeed in the Premier league.

But Arsene Wenger will sort that out in a jiffy and coach the defence right out of him.
    Could you name me some defenders that became worse under Wenger?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Kolasinac looks to be a decent signing especially since he was on a free
    I agree he looked one of the best players, cant imagine Monreal keeping him out of the team when Arsenal have a full defence to pick from. Good business from the Arse

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    Could you name me some defenders that became worse under Wenger?
    I dont think the defence was bad even last season it just took Wenger most of the season to switch to the 3-4-3-1 system Chelsea and Spurs were playing successfully, then they started winning just 34 games too late.

damn.. no wonder they were 1 and 2 on the table.. they were playing with 12 men

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Congrats to Holland. It's tough to really watch the slow pace of the womens game and the really poor goalkeeping though.
    I enjoyed the tournament quite a lot but then all the matches I watched I was in the pub and steaming