Page 1 of 39
... LastLast
    Deleted

Online Dating, I forgot!

Gosh I forgot how tedious and difficult online dating is (I use dating loosely) recently decided I would hop on the train unfortunately as a gay man in Yorkshire my options are limited in what I use (Grindr and Badoo). Now I am far from conventionally attractive so naturally most will ignore me BUT damn I forgot how many messages is required for a response THEN you have to filter out the timewasters. Now perhaps it's because I am older but online dating seems more difficult now to hook meet ups! When I was 17 I used Faceparty and don't recall the difficulty...

What's your opinion?

Deleted
    I think gays and cripples should do the world and favour and date each other.

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-08-06 at 08:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's online dating? Oh, that thing where you send a match a message, and never get one in return, and repeat? Yeah, that.

Seriously. Been on OkCupid for years, only person that ever messaged me first had three kids.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    I'm not sure if this meant to be worded offensively or ironically :3

10+ Year Old Account
    That would leave like literally no prospects for you then and we're nothing if not considerate of the romantically challenged .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    What's online dating? Oh, that thing where you send a match a message, and never get one in return, and repeat? Yeah, that.

Seriously. Been on OkCupid for years, only person that ever messaged me first had three kids.
    Says the anime guy.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    That would leave like literally no prospects for you then and we're nothing if not considerate of the romantically challenged .
    Happily married for 11 years today ftw!

10+ Year Old Account
    Says the anime guy.....

- - - Updated - - -

Happily married for 11 years today ftw!
    Of course you are...

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

It would be swell if I could stop the people who have an asian fetish from messaging me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    You must be proud!
    Not as much as her!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

Maybe your profile was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Profile isn't usually the problem, the problem is the messages people are sending, the content and the amount. You're spammed with a lot of "hey" "how u doing?" and so on as a woman on a dating page. A lot of low effort messages where you don't even bother to check their profile because of the low effort in their message.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Maybe he's a guy? Guys don't get the responses women do, regardless of how well-worded your profile is. Not to mention that a lot of women think that because they have a vagina, they're special and automatically entitled to a "hot" guy. Can't tell you how many profiles I've seen of trollish women whose profiles effectively say, "Do not message me unless you make $x/year, own your own home, are hot and are OK with my 5 kids."

Edit: Also, OKCupid is pretty bad. LOTS of scammers. POF is slightly better.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2017-08-06 at 08:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Profile isn't usually the problem, the problem is the messages people are sending, the content and the amount. You're spammed with a lot of "hey" "how u doing?" and so on as a woman on a dating page. A lot of low effort messages where you don't even bother to check their profile because of the low effort in their message.
    I don't believe this is true. I have always read through the woman's profile to get a good idea if this is a person that I may enjoy talking to. I will always talk about the things that they write on their profile, I will try to find out more about the person in my opening message. I am always ignored unfortunately. My profile is detailed explaining my personality and my dreams. I always put as much effort as I possibly can into the people that I am interested in. The women often never respond either way.

This was on Okcupid but I've heard of these "fake profiles" so I may have been messaging these people. But then again, their profiles were way too detailed and random to be the works of people who create fake profiles.

So no, there are still men out there who say much more than just "How are you doing?", like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Absomal View Post
    I don't believe this is true. I have always read through the woman's profile to get a good idea if this is a person that I may enjoy talking to. I will always talk about the things that they write on their profile, I will try to find out more about the person in my opening message. I am always ignored unfortunately. My profile is detailed explaining my personality and my dreams. I always put as much effort as I possibly can into the people that I am interested in. The women often never respond either way.

This was on Okcupid but I've heard of these "fake profiles" so I may have been messaging these people. But then again, their profiles were way too detailed and random to be the works of people who create fake profiles.

So no, there are still men out there who say much more than just "How are you doing?", like myself.
    If you're always ignored then it's either your message or profile picture(Or your looks) and not actually what you've typed out in your profile that's the problem, unless it's something boring as hell.

If I remember correctly, you can see if people visited your profile on okcupid. If they didn't even visit your profile then it's your picture or the message.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-08-06 at 08:02 PM.

Is it just me, or I think this ones hitting on you adam.

Deleted
    If you're always ignored then it's either your message or profile picture(Or your looks) and not actually what you've typed out in your profile that's the problem, unless it's something boring as hell.
    That may be the case. Either way, I have given up on dating and have no interest in romance as I don't believe I'll ever have a woman care about me in that way. But I just wanted to tell you that not all men are boring and dull in their approaches as you claim.

That was all. ^^

7+ Year Old Account
    Interestingly enough, most of the women's profiles I see say something like "Looking 4 Real". Like what the fuck does that even mean? And they talk about "honesty" being important, but as it turns out, they only like honesty that benefits them. My profile mentions that I'm not interested in big girls, older women and that I'm a gamer. I'm actually one of those who's honest to a fault so why not put the facts out there? And yet I've actually had women message me just to express their "offense" at my particular disinterests. It's actually kind of funny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    unfortunately as a gay man in Yorkshire my options are limited in what I use (Grindr and Badoo).
    Trust me mate, if you have problem in Yorkshire UK imagine me while I'm in Poland.

I feel ya

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedarion View Post
    Trust me mate, if you have problem in Yorkshire UK imagine me while I'm in Poland.

I feel ya
    I think all the gay Poles moved here lol So many unfortunately it's always usually 'discreet' 'straight guy for gay fun' or 'gt gf can't accom'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I think all the gay Poles moved here lol So many unfortunately it's always usually 'discreet' 'straight guy for gay fun' or 'gt gf can't accom'
    Have you ever dated/hooked up with a Polish guy? Would you consider having Polish boyfriend if both of you "clicked"?

I'm curious