Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by djambalaz View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...n-mill/scobomb

That's him.... Scobomb- the raid leader and main tank of "method" one of the best guilds out there

And thats me :

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...blade/cluttary

A casual player who only clears mythic +15 for a 930 item in chest and clears heroic ToS and I am better geared than this guy. To me that's frustrating. How can you be a super duper hardcore player and invest most of your time and social life in mythic raiding etc and be as well geared as a casual guy who does cross realm raiding....

But honestly.... I LOVE IT!
    Another idiot who thinks ilvl immediately equates to being better geared.

And oh look, it's the same story as before. No tier and no optimised pieces.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Ehm... Yes you are.
    HC is silly easy and so is a +15 for the most part. You don't even have to do one in time.
    No you aren't. Learn what the word really means.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    No you aren't. Learn what the word really means.
    I know the meaning of the word, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I know the meaning of the word, do you?
    Someone who puts in 8+ hours a week into a single game is not a casual player of that game. A casual player is one that logs in 30 min - 1hr now and then in a week. Someone doing some of the hardest end game content isn't casual. If you think doing less than Mythic Raids is casual, your definition is quite different than most.

It doesn't matter if *you* think the content is easy, it is not casual content by any means at all. Not Heroic Raids/M+. At least not current Heroic Raids.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginZero View Post
    Someone who puts in 8+ hours a week into a single game is not a casual player of that game. A casual player is one that logs in 30 min - 1hr now and then in a week. Someone doing some of the hardest end game content isn't casual. If you think doing less than Mythic Raids is casual, your definition is quite different than most.

It doesn't matter if *you* think the content is easy, it is not casual content by any means at all. Not Heroic Raids/M+. At least not current Heroic Raids.
    Are you saying that it means "less than an hours per week", is that what you're saying?
    Stop being silly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    "casual" has nothing to do with skill, it has to do with time/effort investment.
    I agree it has nothing to do with it, but thats not what I experience people think it is.

I am ilevel 887 now, that practically makes me a loser on everything that is relevant content, and the only reason for this is, I must be bad.
    I got voted out of a LFR group on saturday before we even pulled trash(!) for being a lowbob tank with no current achievements.
    (of course it would be too hard to search for all the achievs I have from previous expansions)
    Granted they must've been a group waiting for a tank for quite some time and then they "got me" because I thought vote wasn't active until a certain time.
    Still I had it that day...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pitar99a View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, contrary to popular belief, titanforged/warforged items are the best thing that's happened to wow in years.

Finally I won't have to spend weeks gutting out poorly scripted encounters for a false sense of glory and arguably the best gear the game has to offer. I can simply get up in the morning and spend 20 mins to form a decent 5 man grp and then invest another 1-2 hours to steamroll mythic+ dungeons for top caliber equipment.

I'm honestly baffled why everyone is sh*tting on Legion so much when it's the only expansion that's so versatile and casual friendly.
    You're honestly baffled that people are upset over the fact that shitters can get lucky and get invited to groups over them based solely on a number determined by the RNG?

My hunter is 917 ilvl and I promise I'll outDPS all you 930 shitbirds with your M+ gear and no tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    You're honestly baffled that people are upset over the fact that shitters can get lucky and get invited to groups over them based solely on a number determined by the RNG?

My hunter is 917 ilvl and I promise I'll outDPS all you 930 shitbirds with your M+ gear and no tier.
    That's precisely the point I'm trying to make. Titanforged/warforged items allow casual players to get a taste of high tier content without investing too much time and effort. If there was an integrated system which highlights your DPS rather than ilvl then the game would be for people with skill and that's not what blizzard wants. This isn't League or DoTa.

It's Blizzard's attempt to make the game more inviting to newcomers. Quantity over quality so to speak.

10+ Year Old Account
    System working exactly as intended.

The whole design was predicated around players being able to progress their gear no matter what they do in the game. Some ways are faster than others.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in my day casual meant pugging through Icecrown citadel and VoA.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post

I'll take a near-pure m+ player over raiders who do their weekly +15 any day of the week. Even if the m+ player only has 930 vs 920 of a raider.

Besides, any player worth their one's salt is going to fly through HC ToS pugs anyway and get their 4-set within 2-3 resets, depending on luck. Or 1 reset if you also clear normal, but you obviously sacrifice a bit more item level in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    I'll take a near-pure m+ player over raiders who do their weekly +15 any day of the week. Even if the m+ player only has 930 vs 920 of a raider.

Besides, any player worth their one's salt is going to fly through HC ToS pugs anyway and get their 4-set within 2-3 resets, depending on luck. Or 1 reset if you also clear normal, but you obviously sacrifice a bit more item level in that case.
    Then that wouldn't be a near-pure M+ player now would it? That would be a raider who also does M+...

And it isn't THAT easy to get complete tier sets of great ilevel..

Quote Originally Posted by Synyzta View Post
    And also, he's using like, an ilvl 900 trinket, for example. I really don't get what the point in this thread is really.
    Someone randomly decided to compare themselves against a world first tank purely based on gear and decided because they have a better set / few better pieces they should start boasting. Additionally, failing to acknowledge experience, play style and skills of the world first player

Oh lets not forget trying to re brand casual as someone who regularly clears 15+

Honestly, only one way to settle this, tank challenges between this guy and the world first!

Welcome to legion, where a semi-casual player with a little RNG can outgear the best raiders in the world, with a fraction of the effort.

Mythic guilds like this prioritise gearing their dps before tanks and healers. Also a mythic raider has access to tier sets and bonuses while a dungeon raider does not. Finally high ilvl doesn't always = "better. For example the darkmoon card he uses is very good despite its low ilvl. Just as arcano crystal is often better than much higher ilvl trinkets.

Higher number does not equal better... In fact I wouldn't be suprised if he has higher ilvl items in his inventory but chooses not to use them because they are in fact worse for the job he wants his character to do..

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Welcome to legion, where a semi-casual player with a little RNG can outgear the best raiders in the world, with a fraction of the effort.
    Want to go back to WoD? And it is a biiiiiit more than a 'little RNG'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Then that wouldn't be a near-pure M+ player now would it? That would be a raider who also does M+...

And it isn't THAT easy to get complete tier sets of great ilevel..
    Eh, I got into a pug HC ToS raid on my tank alt with 910 item level and easily cleared 8/9 with it in ~3 hours. I wouldn't call someone a raider who does a few ToS pugs until he has his set (which on average is probably 3 runs).

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Eh, I got into a pug HC ToS raid on my tank alt with 910 item level and easily cleared 8/9 with it in ~3 hours. I wouldn't call someone a raider who does a few ToS pugs until he has his set (which on average is probably 3 runs).
    I really don't think an average of 3 runs gives you a full set of tier but who knows. Not all pugs go as well as yours did either. You are projecting anecdotal evidence as fact at this point.