Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Cool, gives me more time for a better graphics card
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    'Story Trailer' was released

Pretty hyped seeing all the things we could be up against
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    'Story Trailer' was released

Pretty hyped seeing all the things we could be up against
    Looks pretty interesting. I can't imagine how pissed of and vengeful both Talion and Celebrimbor are; Talion for everyone dying, and Celebrimbor for...well, a lot, haha.

Nazgul, Ring Wraiths, a Balrog, all alongside fun orc personalities. Sucks it got pushed back, but better pushed and polished then rushed and ruined. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks amazing, might be a pre-order...

10+ Year Old Account
    New gameplay demo shown on E3:

I already pre-ordered it months ago and I am happy I did. This looks amazing.

Come join the shadow of war discord server. https://discord.gg/cdV3avc

10+ Year Old Account
    First game (GOTY edition) is $6 on PSN right now, $20 on Steam.

Both are great prices for a good game. Forgot to announce when it was on Steam for ~$5, maybe someone put it up in one of the sales threads.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    First game (GOTY edition) is $6 on PSN right now, $20 on Steam.

Both are great prices for a good game. Forgot to announce when it was on Steam for ~$5, maybe someone put it up in one of the sales threads.
    Bundle Stars has goty version for $2.99 right now

Monolith has been pretty cool regarding community interaction. Every Friday they do a livestream at around 5 EST, and take questions from Twitch chat. This past Friday they did a little with the Nemesis Forge, last Friday they showed some story (spoilers) that hadn't been seen yet, stuff like that. The developers are also fairly active in the Discord that's been set up, so if you have any questions for them, or any questions you want answered, a lot of people in the Discord are nice and can answer it; as well, there's a nice Q&A set up already for most questions people have, on the sidebar. https://discord.gg/vnRrTKh if you're interested.

There's also a giveaway going on for SoW as well, so it never hurts to try and win. Basically, just inviting people to the discord gets you entered, which is my secondary reason for inviting people; the first being, the developers are cool and come in to chat a lot, which is fun. They're all pretty down-to-earth and answer what they can, though obviously they're under NDA for a bunch of stuff. However, it's fun to try and trick them into answering NDA questions >:P.

I'm personally really excited about this game, both because it is LOTR and because I played the first one for a while and loved it! Pretty sure I'll play the first one again before the second one releases. Pre-ordered the mithril edition for ps4, probably gonna buy it for pc later on as well.

Deleted
    WTF!?

"Through the Market, players can purchase Loot Chests, War Chests, XP Boosts and Bundles (accessed only with an internet connection)."

If anyone ever doubted that WB are a bunch of cunts. Hope that I can safely ignore that shit.

Deleted
    Armor for players... looks nothing interesting so far, i hope there's more to this.

Deleted
    I'm fine with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    WTF!?

"Through the Market, players can purchase Loot Chests, War Chests, XP Boosts and Bundles (accessed only with an internet connection)."
    Imagine you are a man that keeps his sanity in the trenches of a world war. Fighting for the freedom of your people and constructing a world and narrative as a love letter to the home that means so much to you. To your surprise people like it, they love it in fact and you see it become THE staple of an entire literary genre for up to this point the rest of time thus far. It is remembered as your magnum opus and the storytelling/worldbuilding multiple generations aspire to even come close to.

and after your death its bastardised into a war glorifying actionfest designed to shill 'micropay freebuys' to children. In a single player game.

Thats a profound level of greasy corporate greed i can't quite quantify but the phrase "spinning in his grave" really rings true with this one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Imagine you are a man that keeps his sanity in the trenches of a world war. Fighting for the freedom of your people and constructing a world and narrative as a love letter to the home that means so much to you. To your surprise people like it, they love it in fact and you see it become THE staple of an entire literary genre for up to this point the rest of time thus far. It is remembered as your magnum opus and the storytelling/worldbuilding multiple generations aspire to even come close to.

and after your death its bastardised into a war glorifying actionfest designed to shill 'micropay freebuys' to children. In a single player game.

Thats a profound level of greasy corporate greed i can't quite quantify but the phrase "spinning in his grave" really rings true with this one.
    Couldn't have put it any better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    WTF!?

Scummy business practices never go out of style.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    I was contemplating breaking my no pre-order rule for this game (I did break it for Warhammer TW too). Fuck this game. I'll get it for £20 in a years time.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2017-08-07 at 01:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Microtransactions, loot boxes and sexed up Shelob, this game took a 180 in anticipation for me...

Are Warner Brothers seriously out to make me not want to buy their game? I was such a fan boy for this game you couldn't do much to make me not want to buy it but they seriously went to the devil on this one.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-08-07 at 01:10 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

the developers must be frustrated as hell when producers put this shit in there. Anyway, it went from a first day buy to a wait until it's a bargain deal on steam