Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There's no comparison between Eater and Geist. Eater is currently only good against one deck in the meta. Geist will be crippling against several. I would be severely pissed if I was Rogue or Priest main

- - - Updated - - -

I'm surprising no on is commenting how insanely broke DK Anduin is

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    There's no comparison between Eater and Geist. Eater is currently only good against one deck in the meta. Geist will be crippling against several. I would be severely pissed if I was Rogue or Priest main

- - - Updated - - -

I'm surprising no on is commenting how insanely broke DK Anduin is
    That's pretty funny because a friend of mine who plays mainly priest says it's awful and a meme card.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    That's pretty funny because a friend of mine who plays mainly priest says it's awful and a meme card.
    Raza + DK Anduin + Radiant Ele x2 + shadow visions

An uncounterable version of inifinite fireball spam for priest

Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    It's hard to say I think personally, but that's true for a lot of Hearthstone it seems. Always takes a week or two before it actually hits how strong certain cards are.

Raza+ DK Anduin does seem interesting though.

That would require stupid amounts of luck though to have all that set up, and you'd have to hope Shadow Visions will always be there when you use Shadow Visions.

15+ Year Old Account

Already exists with Auctioneer Beardo and Embrace The Shadow

It's a meme deck.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Geist destroys both players 1 mana cost spells though. Not to mention you have to wait until turn 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Geist destroys both players 1 mana cost spells though. Not to mention you have to wait until turn 6.
    It isn't really a drawback to destroy your own 1 mana spells if you're playing a deck that either doesn't run them, or at the least does not heavily depend on them for any win condition.

Waiting until turn 6 isn't that big of a deal either. Against any 1 mana spell oriented combo/otk deck you will be drawing the game out well past the turn for Geist, Jade Druid will be barely starting the Auctioneer spam (if they have coin/innervates), and priest will most likely still be holding onto 1 mana spells to fuel Lyra at turn 6 all of which will get wiped out by the geist.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    It isn't really a drawback to destroy your own 1 mana spells if you're playing a deck that either doesn't run them, or at the least does not heavily depend on them for any win condition.

Waiting until turn 6 isn't that big of a deal either. Against any 1 mana spell oriented combo/otk deck you will be drawing the game out well past the turn for Geist, Jade Druid will be barely starting the Auctioneer spam (if they have coin/innervates), and priest will most likely still be holding onto 1 mana spells to fuel Lyra at turn 6 all of which will get wiped out by the geist.
    It still is a drawback though. Also, you wont always draw it by turn 6. Alot of the time, most 1 mana spells are used before turn 6.
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

15+ Year Old Account
    It still is a drawback though. Also, you wont always draw it by turn 6. Alot of the time, most 1 mana spells are used before turn 6.
    This is no different to any other tech card. Ooze doesn't do anything if it's not drawn when they have a weapon out, does that make it bad tech? Fuck no.

They just released the Druid and Pally DKs. The Druid one isn't bad but kinda meh. The Pally one on the other hand looks insane and even has an Exodia affect(new hero power summon 2/2's called Horsemen, if you get four on the board you insta win aka Four Horsemen).

The druid DK reminds me of their Justicar upgrade, they both give the druid a buff to their hero power rather than changing it to something else completely. But with Justicar you leave a 6/3 body, it costs 1 less and it beats the DK's battlecry imo. So I don't think the druid DK will see much play at all considering they never ran Justicar either. The paladin legendary looks interesting, giving them a 5/3 weapon with lifesteal (I assume this will be the Corrupted Ashbringer) so they can last a lot longer in the late game. And thatw hile giving them an Exodia win condition with their new hero power. I could see some shenanigans with Auctionmaster Beardo where they try to win in just 1 turn. I also wonder which Horsemen will be raised from the new hero power, the ones from Naxx or the newly raised from the Ebon Blade.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    They just released the Druid and Pally DKs. The Druid one isn't bad but kinda meh. The Pally one on the other hand looks insane and even has an Exodia affect(new hero power summon 2/2's called Horsemen, if you get four on the board you insta win aka Four Horsemen).
    It's basically taunt minions without taunt.

They have to deal with it at some point, and still, a 2/2 for 2 mana is pretty solid. I like it honestly.

Also Hearthpwn says that Druid DK does work with Staghelm

Also it's Destiny Board, not Exodia
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-08-06 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    This is no different to any other tech card. Ooze doesn't do anything if it's not drawn when they have a weapon out, does that make it bad tech? Fuck no.
    Never said it was bad lol. In slower matches against jade druids, geist will be strong. I just don't think geist will kill jade druid. Jade druid just wont have infinite value from idols, which isn't always needed to win.

Deleted
    Never said it was bad lol. In slower matches against jade druids, geist will be strong. I just don't think geist will kill jade druid. Jade druid just wont have infinite value from idols, which isn't always needed to win.
    Lacking the value from idols(and the ability to shuffle them back in your deck) means your Jades will go max 2(3drop)+2(4 drop)+2(6 drop)+2 Aya. That's not good enough considering current decks. The major problem, as I mentioned before is that people are greedy, and playing Geist in decks for 6 mana is not something you do when greedy. Sure it hits other cars but lets face it, you would have it in for Jade Idols.

@New card reveals. Uther is much much better as a DK hero compared to all other revealed so far except Valeera(maybe). Weapon value is insane and getting the 4 token exodia off is just icing the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Lacking the value from idols(and the ability to shuffle them back in your deck) means your Jades will go max 2(3drop)+2(4 drop)+2(6 drop)+2 Aya. That's not good enough considering current decks. The major problem, as I mentioned before is that people are greedy, and playing Geist in decks for 6 mana is not something you do when greedy. Sure it hits other cars but lets face it, you would have it in for Jade Idols.

@New card reveals. Uther is much much better as a DK hero compared to all other revealed so far except Valeera(maybe). Weapon value is insane and getting the 4 token exodia off is just icing the cake.
    Like I said, shuffling the idols isn't always needed to win. Something like eater of secrets, is almost guaranteed to win games, if used right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Paladin DK is fucking mental

Auctioneer Beardo + Burgly Bullies

You need either 3 coins from your Bullies, or 2 coins and a 1mana spell (secret/HoP etc) and that's it

Plus your opponent MUST answer your 2/2 token every turn, because every one that's still alive at start of turn makes your win condition that much easier

Paladin can assemble the Exodia far better than Mage can, because it's not reliant on finishing a quest first, the combo pieces are only a couple of cards, and isn't totally destroyed by Rat because you can keep building it manually each turn (eg your Beardo got Ratted? No worries, you can hero power each turn and protect with value taunts like several billion Tirions from Stonehill as well as the 5/3 you already had equipped)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Paladin DK is fucking mental

Auctioneer Beardo + Burgly Bullies

You need either 3 coins from your Bullies, or 2 coins and a 1mana spell (secret/HoP etc) and that's it

Plus your opponent MUST answer your 2/2 token every turn, because every one that's still alive at start of turn makes your win condition that much easier
    Unless Paladin manages to use his Hero power 4x in a single turn, it will depend on the match up and how the other Death Knight Cards will do.

Due the Hero power of Priest / Mage / Druid, they can kill off one Horsemen every single turn quite easily.

Second, if your Beardo is killed off, you probably won't win the game (At least not due the power of your Horsemen).
    Once Beardo is dead, you can just wait with any Board clear until the pally has 3 Horsemen, cast a board clear and then continue your game.

The card is not horrible, but it relies heavily on Beardo combo to work off, because if you hand a Paladin that much Board control that you cannot keep him from developing 4 2/2 over 4 turns, then your deck / hand just sucks hard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Unless Paladin manages to use his Hero power 4x in a single turn, it will depend on the match up and how the other Death Knight Cards will do.

Due the Hero power of Priest / Mage / Druid, they can kill off one Horsemen every single turn quite easily.

Second, if your Beardo is killed off, you probably won't win the game (At least not due the power of your Horsemen).
    Once Beardo is dead, you can just wait with any Board clear until the pally has 3 Horsemen, cast a board clear and then continue your game.

The card is not horrible, but it relies heavily on Beardo combo to work off, because if you hand a Paladin that much Board control that you cannot keep him from developing 4 2/2 over 4 turns, then your deck / hand just sucks hard.
    Thing is, you don't just clear it once and then that's it. You have to KEEP clearing it, because the pally will just keep chugging out tokens every single turn.

Meanwhile, he's also doing other stuff, so while you're focussing on clearing Horsemen, he's also building more board.

Plus there are further options to get multiple Horsemen per turn - eg Brewmasters and Getaway Kodo for example. Bouncing them into your hand means you can play from your hand then Hero Power for a unique one.

I'm just spitballing here because I have seen this card for a grand total of two hours, but I believe it will be a very viable combo deck.

Deleted
    The biggest advantage of the paladin card is that its playable as is, without the megacombo. Since it effectively heals 20 + equip a 5/3 weapon + summon 2/2s instead of 1/1, the Exodia effect of the horsemen is just an added benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    The biggest advantage of the paladin card is that its playable as is, without the megacombo. Since it effectively heals 20 + equip a 5/3 weapon + summon 2/2s instead of 1/1, the Exodia effect of the horsemen is just an added benefit.
    This, you don't need to bother with some Exodia bollocks with the new Uther, you just play it because you get 5 Armor and a Lifestealing Ashbringer alongside a better Hero Power.