Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Imagine condensing down 8 massive books and Kings shared universe into 90 minutes.

thats what you get when you have hollywood who only wanna make big cash quick and think they can sell you dog poo.

Anyone else notice all the hype about the horn during production and filming?

Guess what made absolutely zero appearances? Hell it was not even mentioned by name not even once.

The more time that goes by and the more time to re-think over the movie the more and more a piece of garbage it becomes.

I actually believe "this is another cycle" was a bullshit translation of "I wanted a wad of cash".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Guess what made absolutely zero appearances? Hell it was not even mentioned by name not even once.
    Wait...

Fucking WHAT?!?!

You mean after all the hype about how this was a sequel, and not just a remake, because this time around he HAS the Horn and it's his final run, so he'll finally find a true conclusion...

That all got left on the editting room floor or something?

That is fucking hilarious.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    So with all the average reviews coming out for this movie, does this bode ill for IT? I know Stephen King movies have been hit and miss in the past.
    Never expect a King movie to be good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Wait...

Fucking WHAT?!?!

You mean after all the hype about how this was a sequel, and not just a remake, because this time around he HAS the Horn and it's his final run, so he'll finally find a true conclusion...

Wouldn't be surprised if it was just marketing hype to wash away any "thats not like the book" criticisms.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhdurr View Post
    You political retards need to STFU.

I haven't seen it; but any failing is probably because they were trying to stuff a 12000 page series of novels into less than an hour and a half. Seems like that could be the problem, but keep posting your retarded racist moronic comments so I can fill my ignore list.
    Except for they weren't. This was supposed to be a sequel to the books, after Roland goes through the tower and starts over.
    Last edited by f3llyn; 2017-08-07 at 01:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Never expect a King movie to be good.
    Why not cause some turn out to be bad? this is a bs reason.

Stand by me, The Shining (Kubrick), Misery, Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption, IT, The Mist and Running man where good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    Except for they weren't. This was supposed to be a sequel to the books, after Roland goes through the tower and starts over.
    Quite a few problems with that though, isn't it? The Man in Black is rather dead in the books. <- spoiler if you haven't read the books.
    Last edited by Noxina; 2017-08-07 at 06:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Quite a few problems with that though, isn't it? The Man in Black is rather dead in the books.
    it starts over at the beginning of the first book, flagg is still alive
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    it starts over at the beginning of the first book, flagg is still alive
    Ah, I think I need to re-read the books soon. Is it stated in the end that when he steps through the tower he starts over?
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Why not cause some turn out to be bad? this is a bs reason.

Stand by me, The Shining (Kubrick), Misery, Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption, IT, The Mist and Running man where good ones.
    King hated Kubrick's version of the shinning which tells you how much of a dummy he is when it comes to movies. King is like an idiot savant of writing. He is really good at developing his characters. Shawshank redemption was out of his hands, probably why it was a such a good movie. I did really like the mist. Running man was great too. I would bet Stephen king had no hand in making those movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    King hated Kubrick's version of the shinning which tells you how much of a dummy he is when it comes to movies. King is like an idiot savant of writing. He is really good at developing his characters. Shawshank redemption was out of his hands, probably why it was a such a good movie. I did really like the mist. Running man was great too. I would bet Stephen king had no hand in making those movies.
    I kind of agree. I've never read a King novel I didn't enjoy. The movies, even the good ones, are almost all terribly translated and far inferior to the books they are based on. He did wrote the screenplays for kingdom hospital and rose red though, which I liked, personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Ah, I think I need to re-read the books soon. Is it stated in the end that when he steps through the tower he starts over?
    Spoiler if you haven't read the books:

The last line of the last book is the first line of the first book: "The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." He literally cycles back to the "crux of his journey," where he became irredeemable, IE, right before he met Jake and let him fall under the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Spoiler if you haven't read the books:

The last line of the last book is the first line of the first book: "The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." He literally cycles back to the "crux of his journey," where he became irredeemable, IE, right before he met Jake and let him fall under the mountain.
    Ah, been some years since I read them so forgot about that small detail right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if it was just marketing hype to wash away any "thats not like the book" criticisms.
    Tbh, it only came about after everyone kicked off about the casting. Wouldn't be surprised if they only did it to explain the race-swap, but had already finalised the script so they couldn't add the horn in in post.

Ah, been some years since I read them so forgot about that small detail right there.
    Small detail ? It's the whole ending of the book!

Unless, the last time you read it, you took King's advice and didn't read the "epilogue" where that happens... I had a friend that stopped reading at the"First" ending, and didn't realise why I was always saying how great the ending way XD.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Tbh, it only came about after everyone kicked off about the casting. Wouldn't be surprised if they only did it to explain the race-swap, but had already finalised the script so they couldn't add the horn in in post.

Small detail ? It's the whole ending of the book!

Unless, the last time you read it, you took King's advice and didn't read the "epilogue" where that happens... I had a friend that stopped reading at the"First" ending, and didn't realise why I was always saying how great the ending way XD.
    That might be it.. because I can't remember it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    That might be it.. because I can't remember it :P
    You wouldn't be the only one that did that. It's weird how many people took his warning to stop before the end as an actual warning, rather than just being his own hype man for the book

Quite a few problems with that though, isn't it? The Man in Black is rather dead in the books. <- spoiler if you haven't read the books.
    Reread the very last line in novel 7.

MiB isn't dead.

When King tells you not to read something cause it'll probably piss you off: you read that shit no matter how much it might piss you off.

Also, it's a reset when he walks through the door. In my mind, there were about 12 different ways things could have been different this time around.

This movie is apparently someone else's theory (fan fiction). None of mine were close to the movie. I'm sure everyone had their theory about what happened this turn.
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

Also the sound F/X for his revolvers were just wtf

They were suppose to be exaggerated. Though I conceed SK is a huge anti-gun dilldong and his knowledge on firearms is probably pretty poop.

He changed after he got hit by a Van.... and stopped drinking.

Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-08-07 at 03:02 PM.

Wait...

Fucking WHAT?!?!

My husband swears up and down that he saw a horn in Roland's bag in some shots. He hasn't read the novels but knows about the horn because I've been talking about this movie for months (okay bitching).
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

I'm a moviegoer. Take me for a ride... show me something I haven't seen. Keep me entertained... I'll be happy. This movie was better than average. I'd say 5.5-6.0 out of ten. It had some heart, some humor, some spectacle. I feel it was a) too short, therefore not developed enough... the movie gave nods to but never took the time to bring little details into focus... b) villain's motivation was unclear... nihilist or megalomaniac? c) kid's power (Deus ex machina) saves the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.