Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    But y'know, they made him miss the first shot to make it more realistic!
    Haha. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Drogon was coming directly at Bronn when he fired, and a Ballista is really just a giant crossbow, if he can understand leading the target enough (which given Bronns profiency with most weapons, I'd assume he does) then it shouldn't have been a problem.
    For me it was the entire chain of events. Bronn making it alive to the ballista. Managing to hit the dragon. Diving out of the way of dragon fire at just the right moment.

I mean, not to nitpick too much as this entire season has been a chain of unrealistic events. This is a minor one in comparison.

If John and Dany get to make babies that would be so gross. Haha!

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    If Jon and Dany get to make babies that would be so gross. Haha!
    Fixed that for you and take that back! Calling it now, there will be a baby born in next seasons finale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    This is well said. Bronn is the foil to Jamie who is helping make him a better person
    By contrast, you mean? Bronn is a little turd. Yes, he's witty, he's a great fighter, I love his banter. But he is horrible. Not on Joffrey, Ramsey or Euron's level, but still. How can he make anyone better? And if his role was to make Jaime better, then he failed horribly. I have lost any sympathy I had towards Jaime since the first episode of the season. His speech to Olenna about how Cersei's crimes will be forgotten once she has secured her ass on the throne shows that he has not an ounce of morality. I mean, he's less cocky, but he's pretty much back to the golden piece of shit he was in the first season. "The things we do for love..."
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    LOL at people saying ´they didn´t use correct miliary tactics´ in a fight involving dragons. Sorry, I must have missed the dragon chapter in The Art of War.
    Dothraki using "correct miltiary tactics" would be so wrong. Where did they learn these tactics? They're fucking Dothraki. They charge in and fuck shit up, it's literally the only way they know to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    By contrast, you mean? Bronn is a little turd. Yes, he's witty, he's a great fighter, I love his banter. But he is horrible. Not on Joffrey, Ramsey or Euron's level, but still. How can he make anyone better? And if his role was to make Jaime better, then he failed horribly. I have lost any sympathy I had towards Jaime since the first episode of the season. His speech to Olenna about how Cersei's crimes will be forgotten once she has secured her ass on the throne shows that he has not an ounce of morality. I mean, he's less cocky, but he's pretty much back to the golden piece of shit he was in the first season. "The things we do for love..."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foil_(literature)

10+ Year Old Account
    Something that was noted on the subreddit...... was Jaime's horse Jesus? Because he got knocked into water much deeper than he was riding on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    LOL at people saying ´they didn´t use correct miliary tactics´ in a fight involving dragons. Sorry, I must have missed the dragon chapter in The Art of War.
    Hey, to be fair, I myself admitted that normally I wouldn't complain about realism in a show that has among other things: Dragons, Zombies, Tree people, Wizards, Warlocks, Flaming Swords, Shape-shifting Assassins, Stone Men, Lich Kings, Giants, Mammoths, People that can possess animals, and more.

But at the same time, while it had plenty of fantasy elements, the battles were still grounded in real life warfare tactics.

Mistakes shown in the past had a proper justification, and showed clear consequences.

And this particular mistake is all the more glaring BECAUSE there is a dragon on their side, not despite of it. Its a fact that a light cavalry charge against a grounded shield wall phalanx is just suicide, no matter your numbers. This was alleviated by Drogon burning a pretty wide gap in the shield-wall, and had they simply show him burning multiple gaps for the rest of the Dothraki to charge through, this would have been perfect. However, the mistake was having him burn only one gap. The rest of the riders simply smashing the shield wall by themselves with almost no casualties or issues.

As someone below stated: Knights didn't deck themselves and their horses in armor just for show. It was to help them break through a line of shields without dying in droves (Aided by a trusty and easy to master Wedge Formation)

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Holy shit. Awesome! Can't wait for next week

- - - Updated - - -

Huh? Jamie sank quick because of the heavy armor he is wearing. Is that what you're taking about?
    lol, they were riding on the shore of the beach in water that was just inches deep and then sinking deep

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh? Jamie sank quick because of the heavy armor he is wearing. Is that what you're taking about?
    Nah, when Jamie was rescued (by Bronn, presumably) they both fell into water and started to sink. Thing is, that scene didn't make sense because he was charging in shallow water with his horse. Where did the deep water come from? He wasn't knocked far off his horse, he basically fell right to the side of it. So it should have been shallow water.

This is something I actually noticed too in that scene. It was kind of weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Dothraki using "correct miltiary tactics" would be so wrong. Where did they learn these tactics? They're fucking Dothraki. They charge in and fuck shit up, it's literally the only way they know to fight.
    Indeed. Besides, they had air support... Those poor footmen were probably shaking in their boots. It's surprising they managed to hold their line. Most of them probably know what happened last time a Westerland-Reach army fought against dragons...

Speaking of dragons, was I the only one shouting "dracarys" when Drogon flew to the Lannister army?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh another thing related to the current situation of the Great Houses of Westeros as far as who has been killed it seems like the Starks, Greyjoys and Lannisters are tied for having surviving members.

Tyrell, Martel and Aryyn, Baratheon are wiped out if we don't count bastards. Starks have 3 remaining, Lannister's have 3, Tully's have 2 I think? Edmure and Brynden. And Greyjoy's have 3 as well.

Jaime and Brynden might be dead. Asha Greyjoy might be dead..... soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    There definitely is a bit of social commentary though, what with the privileged feminist princess riding at the head of a horde of savage brown people, slaughtering the cream of white masculine virtue.
    indeed you are correct sir
    hopefully with the end goal of seeing said horde be utterly destroyed

there is a fantastic scene from season 1 that i believe is very pertinent here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY5As-RP1MM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post

Oh I see... Blame my imperfect knowledge of the English tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Nah, when Jamie was rescued (by Bronn, presumably) they both fell into water and started to sink. Thing is, that scene didn't make sense because he was charging in shallow water with his horse. Where did the deep water come from? He wasn't knocked far off his horse, he basically fell right to the side of it. So it should have been shallow water.

This is something I actually noticed too in that scene. It was kind of weird.
    I actually noticed that too while watching it.

I get why people like the episode--Dany leading the charge with Drogon was epic. But the minor issues are distracting when you notice them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Feel free to tell me what story elements make the idea of, "I learned from the old three-eyed raven, he's dead, now I've inherited that role/title." too hard for me to understand.

And no, don't just say, "Three eyed raven is complicated"
    Yea, there is no reason to not say anything about all the shit his seen.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

It's not really distracting. I mean, you can google 'body of water with sudden drop-off'. It's not something rare.
    If that was the only issue with that scene I'd agree, it's not much of a distraction.

In any case, if you didn't notice anything weird/distracting/whatever about the episode and just want to bask in the afterglow of its awesomeness, then you should feel free to.

Yeah, rewatched that battle, and I now put it only slightly below the Blackwater and Hardhome. Great job there.

I guess it just wasn't something I noticed because I've done a lot of tube fishing in lakes that had sudden dropoffs, so it wasn't something that made me think - how'd that water get so deep?
    Yeah understood. Those dropoffs can be sneaky!