Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    How does that invalidate what I said?
    Because drinking to fast causing a laps in memory may not show any physical indicators? you're also saying that a simple statement of "I don't remember" should be good enough to convict someone of rape, at which point any women scorned, jealous, or hell just not 100% satisfied can destroy a mans life.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, universities also have their own code of conduct. You see it in most schools and businesses. Hell, even the military has it.
    What would be the point, if the judicial system has made it's decision?
    The only reason I can imagine is that they would try to find out anything to expel the guy. He is, eee, bad publicity now, so to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    What would be the point, if the judicial system has made it's decision?
    The only reason I can imagine is that they would try to find out anything to expel the guy. He is, eee, bad publicity now, so to say.
    Some actions are not illegal, but schools may be more strict about such things. Some private colleges ban all sexual intercourse, and will expel people who have sex outside of wedlock. Many businesses won't allow fraternization of any kind.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    My wife had wine tonight, I'm not sure if I should try to have sex with her or not, even if she says yes and consents. Apparently her and millions of adult women are incapable of making their own decisions.
    First time i did the nasty with current GF she was drunk. I guess I just raped her into a Stockholm syndrome like state because we're still dating and she hasn't gotten me arrested.

Go me!

Good luck, Gents. And again, I use the term loosely. The fact is, you brought this on yourselves by behaving badly - by behaving in a manner that no self-respecting person would even contemplate. Why is it all aimed at young adults? Because they hope to catch some folks before they do stupid, regretful things.

http://affirmativeconsent.com/affirm...tate-by-state/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Good luck, Gents. And again, I use the term loosely.
    Passive-aggressive much? You also mistakenly seem to think your opinion is relevant.

The fact is, you brought this on yourselves by behaving badly - by behaving in a manner that no self-respecting person would even contemplate.
    Fun fact: Millions of people every day have sex while drunk. And tens of millions of people are the product of drunken ugly-bumping. Sorry about your world view being shattered. You'll be OK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    No. If someone gets drunk, but not wasted, and consents to sex, they were still capable of giving consent. Reading comprehension is hard, I know.
    Perhaps i shouldn't have said wasted as what i mean was a still functioning person (Since a passed out person cant drive a car).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    2 lesbians? ::mind explosion.jpg::
    The more Butch one is guilty.

Good luck, Gents. And again, I use the term loosely. The fact is, you brought this on yourselves by behaving badly - by behaving in a manner that no self-respecting person would even contemplate. Why is it all aimed at young adults? Because they hope to catch some folks before they do stupid, regretful things.
    Self-respecting people wouldn't contemplate actions that are common as fuck for people of both sexes and are not illegal? Who'd have thunk. And wow, sex is something men do to women? No men engaging in sex are drunk? No women initiate sex? No drunk women initiate sex *cough* this case * cough*? With men who are drunk? The only reason I can imagine for you not realizing how sexist you are for both sexes here is because your cluelessness extends to everything. And the reason it's aimed at young adults (vide some states that have separate law for colleges - which still doesn't say what you think it does) is because of college rape hysteria and title IX.

Wow, 3 whooping states? Damn. Meanwhile, from more recent news, there's this: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/a-...rticle/2591692

Also, which part of severe intoxication not precluding but invalidating consent were you incapable of understanding? Wait, probably all of it... But I'll try anyway. Contrary to your inane fantasies, affirmative consent doesn't say squat about intoxication and intoxication doesn't prevent it from existing. Because rape cases that rest on intoxication aren't about lack of consent. They are about consent that was given but was invalid due to the level of intoxication. What the consent is specifically is irrelevant here. Unless the lawmaker changes the definition of rape. Which changing the definition of consent to an affirmative one is not an example of. So yay, all three of these states still allow drunk people to fuck each other, just with different criteria for obtaining consent, as long as they're not severely drunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

http://affirmativeconsent.com/affirm...tate-by-state/
    Affirmative consent laws don't invalidate all drunken consent. It is still handled on a state-by-state basis, and every state, as far as I can find, still requires a significant level of impairment before consent is invalid.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    The only time drunken consent should be considered invalid is if said drunk person is either unconscious during or so out of if they don't understand the situation they're in
    Yet both could be that way, then what? Both go to jail for raping the other. shitty, shitty situations that started out completely innnocent.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

I hope she gets jail time.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Yet both could be that way, then what? Both go to jail for raping the other. shitty, shitty situations that started out completely innnocent.
    How would two unconscious people or two who are drunk to the point of being senseless have sex with each other?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Some actions are not illegal, but schools may be more strict about such things. Some private colleges ban all sexual intercourse, and will expel people who have sex outside of wedlock. Many businesses won't allow fraternization of any kind.
    Never heard of something so drastic (the obvious exception would be deeply catholic schools, but still). If true, then... well, yeah, ultra-retarded.
    And I am relatively sure that even in private institutions something like that goes against the laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    How would two unconscious people or two who are drunk to the point of being senseless have sex with each other?
    Nature finds a way.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

On the one hand, punishing people for false accusations severely is good because it discourages this kind of behaviour from occurring in the future

On the other hand it may discourage real victims from reporting since they may feel there is not enough evidence to bring their attacker to justice and at the same time will be punished themselves for making the accusation.

It's not an easy situation to be in, however I think one positive step that could be taken is that lawyers in these cases must be appointed by an independent body and not chosen by defendant and plaintiff themselves. If they were able to chose themselves then it's likely whoever is more financially able will win the case and that's utterly against all sense of justice.

Something that just came to mind to me is if a recording device could be invented that started recording upon voice activation with a danger word. So if you're not consenting you could shout "PINEAPPLE" really loudly a few times to start it recording and then from that point onwards your intent would be clear and recorded (like saying no, I don't consent etc).