Pretty much every river on the planet has parts of it (especially in a river basin, which looks like where this battle took place) that are shallow, seemingly overflowing. In actuality its the river receding after a recent flood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    For me it was the entire chain of events. Bronn making it alive to the ballista. Managing to hit the dragon. Diving out of the way of dragon fire at just the right moment.

I mean, not to nitpick too much as this entire season has been a chain of unrealistic events. This is a minor one in comparison.
    I mean, there's a Dragon on screen, my suspension of disbelief is already jacked up to max.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I just loved the look on Jamie's face when he heard the dragon.

Jamie: "We can hold them off"
    Daenerys and Drogyn: "hold our beers"

Deleted
    Yeah seeing the full grown Drogon charging to war for the first time, in full glory, with the Targ soundtrack blaring, is one of the few times this show has given me goosebumps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    By contrast, you mean? Bronn is a little turd. Yes, he's witty, he's a great fighter, I love his banter. But he is horrible. Not on Joffrey, Ramsey or Euron's level, but still. How can he make anyone better? And if his role was to make Jaime better, then he failed horribly. I have lost any sympathy I had towards Jaime since the first episode of the season. His speech to Olenna about how Cersei's crimes will be forgotten once she has secured her ass on the throne shows that he has not an ounce of morality. I mean, he's less cocky, but he's pretty much back to the golden piece of shit he was in the first season. "The things we do for love..."
    Yo Bronn is muh boy... Take back your slander.

only hearing the sound of the dothraki coming and not seeing them for as long as possible is still one of the better parts of the battle

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    my only hangup with the episode was why Dany didn't take all 3 dragons. they would have decimated everyone, 0 chance of using the contraption that Bronn was using.

I really hope that Arya murders Littlefinger. Bran knows exactly what he did, if he tells her then she will gut him like a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Yeah seeing the full grown Drogon charging to war for the first time, in full glory, with the Targ soundtrack blaring, is one of the few times this show has given me goosebumps.
    The sequence is very well done. First you hear the hooves (and forgive the complete lack of scouting in the show, yet again). Then the chants. Then the horde arrives. You can hold them off? Perhaps. But not if they are backed up by a dragon who pierces your line and makes your soldiers flee for their miserable lives or burn. That's one way to make light cavalry effective, have a fantastic attack helicopter break the foe before the charge even begins.

The fact that there's main characters on both sides only adds to the intensity. It's also what made Blackwater so great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I just loved the look on Jamie's face when he heard the dragon.

Jamie: "We can hold them off"
    Daenerys and Drogyn: "hold our beers"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    How is it more humane for Dany to attack a large army and destroy the largest grain supply in Westeros than it is for her to fly to the Red Keep and kill Cersei?
    Wildfire. /10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    How is it more humane for Dany to attack a large army and destroy the largest grain supply in Westeros than it is for her to fly to the Red Keep and kill Cersei?
    It's not about being humane. It's about being at war vs terrorising innocents. Soldiers dying in a war is pretty much a given, and something you know is a possibility when you sign up to be one. Roasting civilians in dragon fire is a whole different level

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    (and forgive the complete lack of scouting in the show, yet again).
    I mean they just defeated the only enemy army left in the reach, they had no reason to expect anyone.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    bahahaha. nice

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    my only hangup with the episode was why Dany didn't take all 3 dragons. they would have decimated everyone, 0 chance of using the contraption that Bronn was using.

I really hope that Arya murders Littlefinger. Bran knows exactly what he did, if he tells her then she will gut him like a fish
    Dragons need riders when in combat to properly direct them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The sequence is very well done. First you hear the hooves (and forgive the complete lack of scouting in the show, yet again). Then the chants. Then the horde arrives. You can hold them off? Perhaps. But not if they are backed up by a dragon who pierces your line and makes your soldiers flee for their miserable lives or burn. That's one way to make light cavalry effective, have a fantastic attack helicopter break the foe before the charge even begins.

The fact that there's main characters on both sides only adds to the intensity. It's also what made Blackwater so great.
    You think a few lannister scouts are going to be able to out run/ride hardened dothraki outriders, any scouts Jamie had would have been slaughtered.

Deleted
    Collateral Damage.

Daeny not wearing armor is fucking stupid.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Collateral Damage.
    Plus if the populace sees a dragon and a ton of fire they're going to assume she's just like her father and be more open in trying to kills her. It's not just about getting the throne it is also the hearts and minds of the people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Daeny not wearing armor is fucking stupid.
    When the archers prepared their volley against her a tiny part of me was like.... finally... she dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    And no, don't just say, "Three eyed raven is complicated"
    Dude since the start the question has been "What is a three eyed raven?" and since the start you have shown to not understand it. You even by compared it with a janitor.
    Fact is a three eyed raven is not something like a Janitor where you can say you're a Janitor and everyone knows what a Janitor is.....

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Why shouldn't people comment on this stuff.
    Because instead of nitpicking everything people could just enjoy it? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    Jamie is a good person who is an idiot - he is in love with a bad person. Jamie is constantly being shown doing the "right" thing, predominantly after he lost his hand.
    So a person that throws a child (Bran) of a tower is a good person in your book?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Yea, there is no reason to not say anything about all the shit his seen.
    What sense does it make to tell Sansa about the Whitewalkers? Especially when he sees here not as important as Jon.

Another thing: Braavos is known for its hatred of slavery in the book. Why are they talking about slave profits in the show, and why are they supporting the side that's fighting against the breaker of chains?
    It's the iron bank, not Braavos as a whole, at the end of the day it's a bank, if you don't think it didn't have its hands in the slave trade i don't know what to tell you. Do you really think dany would take up Robert's debt if she won.