Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    They divided the country up in Kantons. South of Sarajevo (just over the mountain Trebevic) alot of serbs still live. However the outcome of the war was the land being divided in new countries. Croatia for example and serbia.
    Bosnia and Herzegovina is divided intro three parts: two entities, Republika Srpska (not sure how to translate this into English) and Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina and a neutral part called District Brcko. Kantons are smaller regions within these two entities which operate as a smaller version of the government.

Yugoslavia was not divided into new countries after the war. When it was founded, it consisted of already mentioned republics.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Every country on earth has a demographic that the majority part of the population bitches about. Usually a minority group. Lots of reasons for this, but the main reason is that it is easier to scapegoat one group as being the cause of all of your problems than to deal with the real cause(s) of a given socioeconomic issue, which are generally complex.
    Because European countries' Muslim minorities have nothing in common and causes not the same problems in these countries. Nope. You are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Every country on earth has a demographic that the majority part of the population bitches about. Usually a minority group. Lots of reasons for this, but the main reason is that it is easier to scapegoat one group as being the cause of all of your problems than to deal with the real cause(s) of a given socioeconomic issue, which are generally complex.
    Yeah, those poor joseonjok just can't help but cause problems due to vague socioeconomic reasons.

Deleted
    Hating bad behavior doesn't mean you are a racist. Neither is noting that undesirable behavior is more common in certain group(s) of people than it is in some others, as long as it's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    You won't find a country in the Balkans that likes arabs. It'll always be between indifferent and hostile, the reasoning being arabs = muslims = turks = rape & kidnapping = bad.
    Historically Arabs started raiding coasts all over the Mediterranean ever since they converted to Islam. Over the years millions of people were captured as slaves, and the slave raiders visited even the coasts of northern Europe. The Turks continued this tradition, and especially the Balkan area experienced the worst of the Ottoman tyranny. The slave trade and piracy weren't stopped until the 19th century. Lots of historical baggage there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    Because European countries' Muslim minorities have nothing in common and causes not the same problems in these countries. Nope. You are right.
    Muslims in Bosnia and Herzegovina are not minority. They represent 51% of the population.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Hating bad behavior doesn't mean you are a racist. Neither is noting that undesirable behavior is more common in certain group(s) of people than it is in some others, as long as it's a fact.
    The OP is obviously a racist cunt. If it was directed at the Jews or Americans or maybe even europeans or whatever it would get pulled. Solve by experiment-make the same post in a months time when everyone has forgotten this one transposing the racial identities and observe the outcry. "I was on holiday and these fat stupid Americans were ruining everything with their lack of cultural sophistication.....I was on holiday and these fucking hacidic Jews started blathering in Hebrew...I was on holiday and these stupid english twats kept on ruining everything with their peeling skin and general pomposity..."

For some reason it is acceptable on this forum for racist cunts to be racist about arabs and start endless trolling threads without the moderators doing anything.
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2017-08-04 at 06:00 PM.

I just came back from a holiday in Bosnia. Lovely country, lovely people, lovely nature. A country rich with history. A tolerable country where muslims, orthodox, jews and catholics live together in peace. My kind of country. Meat dishes, oh to die for. Theres just one thing: they seem to hate arabs. We've only been there for 7 days, so it could be anecdotical, but we traveled all across the land (mostar, sarajevo, tuzla, blagaj, etc.) and everywhere they were complaining about "the arabs".

Apparantly "the arabs" come on holidays and claim everything chasing locals away, being obnoxious and obteus to other guests etc. I recall while rafting seeing an arab couple not doing anything but sitting in the rafting boat with their child while two workers were paddling the 50 kilometers. From here it looks like they were just really spoiled and cocky.

However it got me thinking: how can it be that in a country where they figured out a way to have all religions live together, the majority still dislikes arabs? Is it racism? Or does the arab population (i think the bosnians refer to everyone from the middle east and northern africa with the term arab) have something about their culture and behavings that lead other people to disliking them even in a tolerant country like bosnia?
    Dude....you have the everywhere. A certain peace of land where 1 group of foreigners come and ruin it with there ill mannered tourism. Russians in turkey, English in southern beach area Spain, germans on dutch beaches etcc. Is it racist to say arabs etc If its used in that context nope. ( if they behave link a-holes). But if it is used outside the situation and even used against a nice person then yeah its racism.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crv View Post
    Muslims in Bosnia and Herzegovina are not minority. They represent 51% of the population.
    They became a majority though centuries of Ottoman persecution of Christians (such as the Janissary recruitment, Jizya taxes etc.) and the other religious groups leaving the country in mass numbers during the Yugoslavian war.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post

For some reason it is acceptable on this forum for racist cunts to be racist about arabs and start endless trolling threads without the moderators doing anything.
    It is called free speech. They have shot down post/threads with real off topic racism. But this thread is about the question if its racism if a group who acts wrong/horrible can be called by a bad name?!

If we shut down everyone who does not agree with our point of view then we are extremist ourselves.

And calling a group of arabic people arabs....thats like group of black people , black people..or a group of japanse, chineses etc asains....

Deleted
    They became a majority though centuries of Ottoman persecution of Christians (such as the Janissary recruitment, Jizya taxes etc.) and the other religious groups leaving the country in mass numbers during the Yugoslavian war.
    So? That makes them bad for some reason?

And btw, of all ethnic/religious groups Bosnian Muslims were the ones who were leaving the country in largest numbers during the war.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    You know, it's not Arabs as an ethnic group that people dislike. I know plenty of Arabs, refugees and others, who are decent and in all aspects normal people by Western standards. These decent Arabs also usually share a common feature with each another: it's that they are not... guess what?

Deleted
    Well.

No.

They don't.

There's a significant difference between Muslim minorities originating from the Ottoman Empire, and Muslim minorities from other places. This thread is absolute gold, though.

On topic, I wasn't aware that there was Gulf Arabs settling in and buying land in Bosnia on that big of a scale, that sounds pretty interesting for quite a lot of reasons.

Because Arabs haven't evolved yet.

And also they don't really tend to respect other cultures.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-08-07 at 03:57 AM.

I just came back from a holiday in Bosnia. Lovely country, lovely people, lovely nature. A country rich with history. A tolerable country where muslims, orthodox, jews and catholics live together in peace. My kind of country. Meat dishes, oh to die for. Theres just one thing: they seem to hate arabs. We've only been there for 7 days, so it could be anecdotical, but we traveled all across the land (mostar, sarajevo, tuzla, blagaj, etc.) and everywhere they were complaining about "the arabs".

Apparantly "the arabs" come on holidays and claim everything chasing locals away, being obnoxious and obteus to other guests etc. I recall while rafting seeing an arab couple not doing anything but sitting in the rafting boat with their child while two workers were paddling the 50 kilometers. From here it looks like they were just really spoiled and cocky.

However it got me thinking: how can it be that in a country where they figured out a way to have all religions live together, the majority still dislikes arabs? Is it racism? Or does the arab population (i think the bosnians refer to everyone from the middle east and northern africa with the term arab) have something about their culture and behavings that lead other people to disliking them even in a tolerant country like bosnia?
    were you born in the 90's? that region had multiple religious & ethnic wars over the course of a decade when you were a kid. extend the timeline further and there have been 3 prominent genocides in the balkans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

I just came back from a holiday in Bosnia. Lovely country, lovely people, lovely nature.
    Wait are you the REAL Trump?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Could it be because the Arabs were rich Arabs? They could afford a vacation to Bosnia? A lot of times rich people are spoiled and this isn't solely an Arab thing.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Yes they are.
    I'm going to blow your mind here.

There is no such thing as a "white" ethnicity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Dark haired with a creamy beige to mokka skin colour i guess? Needless to say that doesnt apply to all.
    Whites fit under those criteria.

I'm Greek, but have palish skin, brown hair, and green eyes.

My grandfather had blond hair and blue eyes.

15+ Year Old Account
    A tolerable country where muslims, orthodox, jews and catholics live together in peace.
    Ended reading right there.... look up the history of that region. Tolerance and peace are not words you associate with the Balkans.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Serbs all moved to serbia. Muslims actually make up the majority of bosnia nowadays.
    They didn't all move to Serbia 49% of Bosnia is part of the Republika Srpska https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnia...h_entities.png

I conclude they don't like arabs because something like Saudi Arabia trying to spread its view of Islam in Bosnia.
    Last edited by Aestholus; 2017-08-07 at 09:24 AM.