Quote Originally Posted by DRenziboy View Post
    they did do them more frequently with 7.2 on the horizon,
    there was one on March 9, March 16 and March 23.
    Oh okay, thanks! Maybe we're going to have something like that as well before Gamescom.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So anyone else feel like a faction change but just waiting on the sidelines hoping there's new races announced at Gamescom/Blizzcon?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    I really hope 8.0 will launch with an "Alpha" tag, just to see this thread burn for about 200 pages because people are arguing about it being a legt alpha or a beta. And someone will claim that promises were broken.
    Blizzard stopped caring about Alpha/Beta terminology long ago, community should too.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Marlaaaa got any update?
    On what? Regarding alpha/beta servers, I haven't seen any unknown test servers pop up yet but we can no longer tell the difference between 7.0.3 or 7.3 so there's a chance initial 8.0 aren't recognizable as such either. They also moved all of their shit to a different IP range so the old Alpha/Beta server IPs are no longer valid. It's also a bit too early for these to be popping up. Testing will probably start shortly after BlizzCon or worst case scenario after the holiday season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It's still very strange to not have the 7.3 cinematics yet and I really don't know where they're going to be shown before Legion. Maybe we're getting expansion hint + all the left Legion cinematics on Gamescom but we really need the 7.3 stuff first.
    In-game cinematics are usually added to the game in one of the last PTR builds, pre-rendered cinematics (videos) are added during PTR as well but are often encrypted until they're unlocked on Live.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2017-08-07 at 07:44 AM. Reason: clarify

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So anyone else feel like a faction change but just waiting on the sidelines hoping there's new races announced at Gamescom/Blizzcon?
    Here ! I think its time to give a rest to my blood elf paladin to focus in a human frost mage, but if we are lucky enough to get Ethereals or subraces my plans could change heavily.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

7+ Year Old Account
    The happy place inside your soul, oh wait..
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post

I still don't feel as though there's enough of 7.3 left to fill a whole gamescom panel. If anything, they could lead us through the untold lore, show some cinematics, tell us about the aftermath, and hint at the next expansion while revealing minimal details.

Similar to how they revealed Argus in name alone; generating hype without giving us any real substance.

Personally I'm hoping for a Legion-style announcement.
    Everything of 7.3 is currently on PTR if they are going to generate hype it shouldn't be for 7.3, it can't be, they are already talking about systems in 7.3 in their q&a's I will not accept anything less then an expansion announcement. the WoW team that's currently working is very uptight and talky about future content, as they should be.

Deleted
    It's still very strange to not have the 7.3 cinematics yet and I really don't know where they're going to be shown before Legion. Maybe we're getting expansion hint + all the left Legion cinematics on Gamescom but we really need the 7.3 stuff first.
    That's what I don't get. Why do you people need the 7.3 trailer first? I might be wrong but expansion teasers have been shown before patch trailers before.

7+ Year Old Account
    The happy place inside your soul, oh wait..
    Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    That's what I don't get. Why do you people need the 7.3 trailer first? I might be wrong but expansion teasers have been shown before patch trailers before.
    true very true, the mists reveal even mentions the final raid, before it even hit live. never even thought about that.

Stood in the Fire TheReptorGekko's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    a bit late to this thread but now I am back at work i wont get ehh.. "distracted" by enjoying my holiday but enough about me.
    OT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Testing will probably start shortly after BlizzCon or worst case scenario after the holiday season.
    yea if they announce the it on games con then they probably gone do something like this again.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    Because it's the end of the Burning Legion, maybe the most important moment in WoWs 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReptorGekko View Post
    a bit late to this thread but now I am back at work i wont get ehh.. "distracted" by enjoying my holiday but enough about me.
    OT:

yea if they announce the it on games con then they probably gone do something like this again.
    Even when announcing at BlizzCon this is still a realistic target I think, considering we've probably had the shortest time in between PTRs this expansion hinting towards an improved development cycle.

Deleted
    Because it's the end of the Burning Legion, maybe the most important moment in WoWs 12 years.
    Except we don't know 100% it is the end of the legion sure theirs the whole i'll keep him locked up and be his jailer deal would it wouldn't be the first time Illidan chose to do something "Wrong" for the right reasons I.E letting sargeras free to fight the void not saying that's going to happen just saying we don't know 100% that the legion is finished.

Stood in the Fire TheReptorGekko's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Even when announcing at BlizzCon this is still a realistic target I think, considering we've probably had the shortest time in between PTRs this expansion hinting towards an improved development cycle.

that dose sound like a reasonable expatiation if it is at Blizzcon then lest hope you right but you can never know whit Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemin View Post
    Except we don't know 100% it is the end of the legion sure theirs the whole i'll keep him locked up and be his jailer deal would it wouldn't be the first time Illidan chose to do something "Wrong" for the right reasons I.E letting sargeras free to fight the void not saying that's going to happen just saying we don't know 100% that the legion is finished.
    Well, I'd say the Legion is finished but Sargeras isn't. You're right, we don't know what's going to happen in the future but I think in Legion the entire Burning Legion theme comes to a conclusion (that doesn't mean Sargeras can't return).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DRenziboy View Post
    didn't they form the alliance between the 7 kingdoms though? Wasn't that the moment they had a council, giving everyone the same amount of power making them all leaders?
    Yes, but even then, there wasn't a singular leader like anduin is now (even though he doesn't hold direct command-power over other races). Each of the seven leaders ruled their own kingdoms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    When Argus dies. The Burning Legion is no more. Sure they are keeping Illidan and Sargeras locked away. But that's for WELL in the future. Perhaps WoW2 even. A graphical upgrade etc.

This expansion is 100% done at 7.3. There are no more Legion related story lines to wrap up that don't move into a new expansion. You really think they'll give us some garbage filler raid like Ruby Sanctum? What would even be in it? Void/Ethereals like the 5 man?

What do you honestly think could follow Sargeras being locked up?
    I never stated that they were going to give us any sort of raid or even indicated that story of *Legion* as an expansion isn't finished I simply stated that we don't know what the future holds also illidan isn't locked up he's the jailer.

Announcement of xpac reveal at gamescom 2015- July 29
    Gamescom 2015 announce date - August 6

Roughly a weeks notice that xpac reveal would be at gamescom so I guess we will hear about it next week if its gonna happen that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Shoot! I forgot about GoT tonight. Thanks, Peter!
    So did I Watched it just now and I'm still shaking. But let's not get off topic

Whether 8.0 is revealed at Gamescom or at Blizzcon, the release is no sooner than autumn of 2018.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Jaina appearing as the key note artwork for blizzcon this year, just like the legion sign last year without "Legion". This is basically confirming some sort of south seas xpac , or at least Kul Tiras (the armor sets helped with this as well).

If the reveal will be in Gamescom, then we can expect the title Copyright within the next 2 weeks.