Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Parents can sometimes be of great help and support, and other times... not so much. If you two are happy together, screw your father's attitude. A pure Slavic child eh? You don't have children so that they will give you granchildren; being born doesn't automatically means you sign a contract which states "will provide my parents of their desired number/race/gender of grandchildren born of approved woman".

On the other side, parents can also be worried about compatibility; culture, religion, political stance, age, etc. Though honestly, your father's concern should be your and your girlfriend's happiness, not the genetic composition of the children that you may or may not have

I was sort of in a similar situation, I'm from Norway, met a nice man in WoW from Bulgaria. Went there to meet him, despite my mom's strong objections, and she gave me a lot of shit for it, for not listening to her. I was stupid, these men target stupid Northern European girls, I was a whore to Eastern Europe. Married now, and isn't he just amazing, best son-in-law, I'm super lucky etc. If I had listened to her, I'd still be single.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Maybe it would be easier for you to move to Korea? I know Russia is not the best country to be different. Also you are dating her, do that mean you actually meet?
    Yes, ofcourse we met. Shes just now 2 week at home, maybe i would move to Korea, but she got job in one of russian best theatre as a balerine, and balet in Russia is very strong, so for her is better to move here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Imo, it's not about nationality but about the difference in cultures.

Who cares what skin color someone has, as long as you have a connection you can be happy together.
    Cultural differences however are often deal breakers that will eventually catch up on you.
    Thats the funniest part. Her grandfather moved in USSR when Korea war happened, so she grew up speaking russian as her first language and have totally european-russian mentality. So only difference is how she looks.

p.s Also i didnt understood *just dating thing*, we have relationships, maybe my english skill is not enough a bit sry
    Last edited by Dentelan; 2017-08-07 at 09:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentelan View Post
    Thats the funniest part. Her grandfather moved in USSR when Korea war happened, so she grew up speaking russian as her first language and have totally european-russian mentality. So only difference is how she looks.

p.s Also i didnt understood *just dating thing*, we have relationships, maybe my english skill is not enough a bit sry
    I've seen many Russians that have an Asian appearance so I wonder if she will really look all that different?

In any case, do your parents want you to be happy? Just tell them you like her and be a man

Yes, ofcourse we met. Shes just now 2 week at home, maybe i would move to Korea, but she got job in one of russian best theatre as a balerine, and balet in Russia is very strong, so for her is better to move here.

- - - Updated - - -

Imho, you should strive towards becoming (financially) independent from your folks and pursue the relationship with her. Get your own place (if you don't have it already) and make it clear to them it's your life and your happiness.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fuck? Simple, fuck the parents opinions. They aren't your puppet masters. That is about all that is needed to be said. Of course tell your partner, or future partner, that there are some that doesn't like it but it is your life together and not theirs.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Very few men like their son in laws even if they are the same race.

I'm completely on board with dating other races/nationalities as long as we are compatible as human beings. I'm just not attracted to certain races, but I have no judgement against people that are attracted to other races.

Basically I'm not attracted to dark skin tones.
    I don't think I could find a albino attractive...

Hmm, it's strange that you call racism conservatism over there.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want an Asian girlfriend because mixed Euroasians are some of the most Beautiful people in the world.
    And also you're slavic, slavic women are hot. I know you're a guy but if you get a half asian daughter with slavic blood, she's gonna be one hot babe I'm going to date in about 20-25 years

Anyway, I dated a chinese babe for about 6 months. Northern chinese girl, Jilin, she lives close to Russia. Northern girls are fucking crazy. Hot, but crazy and they all drink a lot. I swear she would've stabbed me if we kept the relationship. But damn she was so hot.

Step up to your dad and tell him that it's your life, your choice. It is not up to him who you will marry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I don't think I could find a albino attractive...
    I'm attracted to anyting unusual and different

10+ Year Old Account
    Your own happiness should come before your dads. Especially with something like this.

Been there, done that. The only potential pitfalls are the aforementioned cultural and/or language issues. When either or both of you are not using your native language, it can get quite difficult and tedious from time to time. Add in possible strange/bothering/whatever cultural views/habits etc. Not saying "don't do it, won't work" but yea, you're bumping up the difficulty level a bit there.
    And she's your bride, not your dad's.

i guess im the opposite

i never dated latinas

i dated a mixed cuban/white but she was mostly white and acted black

so weird

Deleted
    I spent 4 months in Korea as an exchange student and got pretty close to a Korean girl. We unofficially dated for 3 months and her dad seemed okay with the idea of her daughter dating a foreigner and I even met him (LOL).

However, another Korean girl I met there had been dating a guy from Denmark but didn't tell her parents because they are A) very strict and B) very conservative. When they found out the girl was dating the guy from Denmark (they went through her phone), they didn't talk to her for more than a month and demanded they broke up because she HAD to date/marry a Korean guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Advi View Post
    I spent 4 months in Korea as an exchange student and got pretty close to a Korean girl. We unofficially dated for 3 months and her dad seemed okay with the idea of her daughter dating a foreigner and I even met him (LOL).
    Many wouldn't introduce their boyfriend to their parents unless they plan on marriage, just fyi.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Many wouldn't introduce their boyfriend to their parents unless they plan on marriage, just fyi.
    I know, but I think it she didn't see things that way. I know I didn't, and it was more just some kind of casual introduction then a formal meeting. But here we are, 1,5 years later and haven't heard from her since I got back to Belgium and she started working (+ she somehow started ignoring me because I wasn't able to see her when she travelled through Europe).

don't worry too much about what your dad wants
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Foreigners are great for one night stands but I would never settle down with one. Imho kids should only be created with other natives to secure the survival of the nations ethnic identidy / cultural heritage.

I was curious how will other people behave in situation that i have myself.
    Would you date, build relationships with some girl you really like, but she's another race, and your family is conservative and is against it?
    For example, im dating with korean girl, shes great, really beautifull and so on, but my father strongly wants that my child will be pure slavic. Im not telling her about this situation, to not make her sad, hoping that father will change his mind when he actually meet her (shes not in Russia yet). What would you do in such situation ? Would you broke with your gf/bf? Would you try to change mind of family members, and how? Would you tell your gf/bf about such stuff?
    p.s This topic is not about races, dont ban it. Its about relationships.
    One question! Is your father getting married with yout GF?
    My advice because 85% of my GF were from other countries. Date the person you like period. It will be you that will get married or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Foreigners are great for one night stands but I would never settle down with one. Imho kids should only be created with other natives to secure the survival of the nations ethnic identidy / cultural heritage.
    LOL did you know that there is 0 "pure" (insert country) person?
    All of the world is mixed. You would be surprised if you google it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    It depends, you can meet the parents and still break up you know?
    Intruduce to the family is just a normal step when you feel that persons is serious with you!

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    LOL did you know that there is 0 "pure" (insert country) person?
    All of the world is mixed. You would be surprised if you google it.

- - - Updated - - -
    Didnt mention pure at all. Still a native is more closer to your own than a foreign person from [insert continent], you dont agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    The fuck? Simple, fuck the parents opinions. They aren't your puppet masters. That is about all that is needed to be said. Of course tell your partner, or future partner, that there are some that doesn't like it but it is your life together and not theirs.
    Thats not a good idea, of course you should follow what you want and think!
    Your parent dont want anything bad to you but something their choose for you doest not mean it's the best.
    Just tell them what you feel and eventually they will understand and accept.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Didnt mention pure at all. Still a native is more closer to your own than a foreign person from [insert continent], you dont agree?
    True but maybe native is not good enought for you or someone. For me i find boring the girls from my country.
    Also saying something is better just because you are more used to it it's just silly in my opinion.
    We are all different and not better or worst.
    Last edited by HeiAggra; 2017-08-07 at 11:18 AM.