Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Thoughts about rerolling to DH 7.2.5

Hello,

so i am kinda thinking to reroll into a demon hunter so i would love to have a feedback from the DH community regarding its current status in 7.2.5

as Havoc and Vengeance

Much appreciated in advance !

Gameplay wise there are a surprising amount of playstyles within Havoc for it being 1 spec, some very fun. I think Veng play is quite awkward with it being a GCD locked tank and some weird stuff like weakauras to track souls because blizzard display doesn't do it properly

Havoc and Veng are both on the lower end of balance since tomb

It would help a bit if you told us what class you are playing right now (this way we could compare the gameplay).

- Havoc with cookie-butter build feels like a whack-a-mole. It has a really simple gameplay which makes you able to look around more easely.
    - Veng is a GCD-locked Tank with a lot of utilities. Having a weakaura to track souls for Spirit Bomb helps but isn't mandatory. If you are used to Monk tanking, you shouldn't see difference (not that there isn't of course).

Both specs are viable and fun to play with as of 7.2.5.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

as the matter of fact , i currently main a windwalker monk, with brewmaster offspec

my newly 110 vengeance feels kinda ok , except that GCD annoying lock but love the theme and utility of this tank

my guild mates are suggesting Havoc but i'm quite skeptical about it

Havoc right now has basically two builds you can play, one with great aoe for m+ (which I find subjectively quite fun) and one for purely ST (which is really simple). There is no middle ground really and we have very little in a way of cleave (at least consistent cleave). The way thing are however, we are on the lower half of the dps spectrum and looking at t21, if blizz doesn't change anything, we are going to be even lower.

My understanding is, that monk is in a similar possition, at least as dps, and quite superior as tank, plus you have healing spec. So I would not recommend you to reroll, if you are competitive. On the other hand, movement speed and double jump + glide can be fun.

Deleted
    I rerolled DH at our progress at Guldan mythic, and never looked back, i really like the target swap with no dps lost, and the mobillity, allso we can immune a abillity
    A good person defence CD and raid defence with darkness.
    it is not that leggo depented, ofc leggos is nice to have , but if u have a lot of crit ure good to go.

ppl say dh gameplay is easy, so is frost mage and warriors, but if u want a complex rotation (who wants that ?) reroll feral or something els..

It's fun seeing this thread because in the DH discord is actually the opposite. Every good DH is preparing a rogue for Mythic ToS progression because of how useless we're. (In fact I already got asked to prepare my rogue for Mythic Avatar)

- Shit target switching (I don't know why the guy above said it's good, Nemesis is a thing and it works bad in half the bosses (Harjatan, Host..).
    - Above average ST damage with bottom-tier AoE and cleave. (Meanwhile sub rogues and warriors are better at everything than us.
    - Rotation kills brain cells. A rotation based around RNG with 0 personal skill involved. There's a difference between simple and brain dead. Fury warrior rotation is simple, yet fun. DH rotation is smashing a button if you've fury, and that's it. The rest of the time you wait.

Personal opinion? Do not reroll to DH if you're interested in doing any kind of Mythic progression in ToS. We're currently bad and we will probably be worse in T21 seeing how Blizzard is ignoring us.

For more info, check this thread click

PS: You know things are bad when Umbral Moonglaives (Sisters of the Moon trinket), a trinket that does exactly the same as FotI, does like x3 the damage of FotI.
    Last edited by Shirofune; 2017-08-07 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    Personal opinion? Do not reroll to DH if you're interested in doing any kind of Mythic progression in ToS. We're currently bad and we will probably be worse in T21 seeing how Blizzard is ignoring us.

Sad but very true +1 on this statement. I feel bad because you play a WW monk which is even worse than DH.

Deleted
    The class itself is cool and fun. This patch however it got the short end of the stick so if you're thinking about mythic raiding you might get benched as the class is underperforming for the most part.

U all choose the character u play based on the damage it does? I guess none of u got mains then, u change every patch.
    About topic cant say much because I never played DH at 110 much

Quote Originally Posted by Sonasol View Post
    U all choose the character u play based on the damage it does? I guess none of u got mains then, u change every patch.
    About topic cant say much because I never played DH at 110 much
    If you're a casual or do Normal/HC raiding, of course you play whatever you want.

If you're pushing high-end content, even though you might have the choice, you're always asked to take whatever it suits the raid the most.

Sadly, DHs do not have a spot in high-end raiding currently other than farming bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    The class itself is cool and fun. This patch however it got the short end of the stick so if you're thinking about mythic raiding you might get benched as the class is underperforming for the most part.
    didnt Future use a Havoc on avatar? can't be that bad if they are still used or are you raiding world 10?

edit: in fact they used two of them.
    Last edited by Madh4tter; 2017-08-07 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madh4tter View Post
    didnt Future use a Havoc on avatar? can't be that bad if they are still used or are you raiding world 10?

There were no DHs in Avatar and KJ world firsts and if you look at the statistics in Warcraft logs, you can see DH is nearing the bottom.

Even if we're starting to being taken, we're not in a solid position anyway.

There were no DHs in Avatar and KJ world firsts and if you look at the statistics in Warcraft logs, you can see DH is nearing the bottom.

Yeah but world first guilds are stacking classes to make it easier. DH could be 0.5% worse dps wise than a warrior and they would still take a warrior

I understand what you mean but lets be honest. DH is ok not the best but ok. We do good ST damage good on burst AOE but lack sustain AOE.
    We have mobility and can cheese some mechanics with the Netherwalk.
    If you dont play on the 20 first world guilds play what you like!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but world first guilds are stacking classes to make it easier. DH could be 0.5% worse dps wise than a warrior and they would still take a warrior
    True! But this happends because they need to min max everything.
    We all the rest of the players don't kill the last boss in 2 weeks! So play what you like and let the top guilds do their thing.
    PS: From my experience play a class that you enjoy you will produce more!

- Shit target switching (I don't know why the guy above said it's good, Nemesis is a thing and it works bad in half the bosses (Harjatan, Host..).
    - Above average ST damage with bottom-tier AoE and cleave. (Meanwhile sub rogues and warriors are better at everything than us.
    - Rotation kills brain cells. A rotation based around RNG with 0 personal skill involved. There's a difference between simple and brain dead. Fury warrior rotation is simple, yet fun. DH rotation is smashing a button if you've fury, and that's it. The rest of the time you wait.
    Well, (dumb) people wanted to see Momentum gameplay utterly destroyed instead of using it as Havoc's core identity and improving it. And stupidly, Blizz gave into it. Havoc DH has devolved continously from Beta to Live both gameplay- and performance-wise. Nemesis shouldn't even be a thing as well as abilities dealing non-Fel/Physical-damage. The list of problems/failures is too long actually...

#MMGA
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Deleted

It's more to the argument other than X guild used DH and they even used 2, or Y guild did not have any in their world first kill. Some guilds may not have other classes available at their discretion to pick from or DH mains may not have alts ready to jump on progress fights, like trading an underperforming class for an undergeared alt is still not much of a deal.
    Logs for example show that DH's are at the bottom, and they aren't simulations.
    DH's are very good at single target but suck at cleave and sustained aoe. When most fights have cleaves and aoe, DH's become less desirable.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    I understand what you mean but lets be honest. DH is ok not the best but ok. We do good ST damage good on burst AOE but lack sustain AOE.
    We have mobility and can cheese some mechanics with the Netherwalk.
    If you dont play on the 20 first world guilds play what you like!
    I agree with this, but the OP asked if it was worth rerolling to DH.

From a raider point of view, there's no point rerolling to a class that is worse. Then again, the OP was a WW Monk, so the only thing worse is SV Hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    Well, (dumb) people wanted to see Momentum gameplay utterly destroyed instead of using it as Havoc's core identity and improving it. And stupidly, Blizz gave into it. Havoc DH has devolved continously from Beta to Live both gameplay- and performance-wise. Nemesis shouldn't even be a thing as well as abilities dealing non-Fel/Physical-damage. The list of problems/failures is too long actually...

#MMGA
    Momentum might be DH core identity and I agree that the whole kit of DH is balanced around it. We lost it and we lost everything that made the class interesting.

But I can't agree that Momentum is the way to go. It doesn't work in current raid environments, where half the mechanics force you to stack/spread. If you don't have freedom of movement as a melee, Momentum cannot work. I, as a Mythic raider, I'm glad Momentum is gone, even though I said that it was the only thing saying if a DH was good or not back in EN.

Havoc is in a situation currently in which it desperately needs a full rework of its whole kit. It's obvious the class released incomplete and Blizzard devs have no idea on how to fix it currently, seeing as how Fel Rush is still broken after a year.

its funny because my thoughts of rerolling is due to monk's T21 which is so damn horrible and will place us in a horrible situation

monks did well in NH due to having superior AOE and cleave, they took that away, and inT21 our set bonus relies on boosting the weakest ability ...

well i guess i'll stick to my monk for mythic progression and have this DH for pvp and fun stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baz View Post
    its funny because my thoughts of rerolling is due to monk's T21 which is so damn horrible and will place us in a horrible situation

monks did well in NH due to having superior AOE and cleave, they took that away, and inT21 our set bonus relies on boosting the weakest ability ...

well i guess i'll stick to my monk for mythic progression and have this DH for pvp and fun stuff
    If you're looking for a solid class, go for warrior/rogue/mage. Those classes always have a good spec that is near the tops.