I'm lvl 66 and can't pick up the next MSQ which for lvl 67. Can I still farm PotD? What's the best course of action to grab the level up?

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I'm lvl 66 and can't pick up the next MSQ which for lvl 67. Can I still farm PotD? What's the best course of action to grab the level up?
    Yes, you can, without Armory it's 388k per run. If you can stand PvP, even losing nets more XP than that, so feel free to take that route if you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Yes, you can, without Armory it's 388k per run. If you can stand PvP, even losing nets more XP than that, so feel free to take that route if you prefer.
    Without Armory? What's the armory? And thanks, I will join pvp then. Didn't even know it existed in this game xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Without Armory? What's the armory?
    https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/w...e#Armory_Bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Wonder what sort of changes they have in mind.

"In patch 4.06, adjustments will be made for the reward players earn when fighting Ixion."

https://gamerescape.com/2017/08/05/y...eals-new-info/
    I'm expecting them to increase number of horns dropped. I'm also hoping (and kinda expecting) instances to go away for good, at least for Stormblood. On the server I'm on, it's become more of a hassle to get people to show up for hunts simply because people CBA to figure out how to get to the correct instance (S ranks notwithstanding).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    Decided to give this game another try because of the new expansion and since my end goal is to eventually play as a red mage, is there a recommended class/job I should play before I can change to rdm? I know you need to complete the msq for arr, just wondering if there's a class that gets me there the fastest.
    Anything will work, since the old cross class skill system is exactly that; cross class skill system for combat jobs was replaced with the shared role actions, which unlock for your job based on level + role. I'd recommend either a tank or healer job simply due to being able to queue dungeons at a reasonable rate, plus you'd have a decent high level tank/healer as a fall back if you decide RDM isn't your thing.

Without Armory? What's the armory? And thanks, I will join pvp then. Didn't even know it existed in this game xD
    50% bonus to XP on a job 60 or higher if it's still lower than your highest job, 100% to XP on a job lower than 60, same qualification. The PvP is pretty decent, this coming from someone who usually hates it. Your class has changed skills and mechanics there from PvE, usually streamlined down to make it easier to handle. Frontlines is nice and mindless, big blobs trying to kill each other while doing other stuff(usually Shatter maps, so break ice).

On a completely unrelated note, MAN does Sisiutl hate chocobos! He killed mine like 4 times while I was taking him down. Oh well, one Gysahl Green later and back into the fray!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    On a completely unrelated note, MAN does Sisiutl hate chocobos! He killed mine like 4 times while I was taking him down. Oh well, one Gysahl Green later and back into the fray!
    Yeah Chocobo gets A LOT of damage from the pulse when the debuff is up. I needed to switch to full healing to keep poor Keyara alive through these phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Cool thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Go ahead and thy to properly raid savage w/o parsers.
    Also, you can't report people if they diss you in TS/Vent b/c you are slacking.

Haven't seen public QQ about DPS that often but neither did I encounter it much in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

I found both primals story integration and execution rather "meh" as well.
    Esp the whole AoE transcendence... DAFUQ?
    i clearly said if they brought parsers into the argument especially in game chat then yes you can be punished, i dont give a dam about parsers in FF14 anyway, guilds dont pay my dam sub, at the end of the day if they aint happy about dps then fine. yoshi gave is reasons why they dont officialy support mods if people cant accept it then thats not his problem

10+ Year Old Account
    No no no..

Every fucking floor had Amnesia and Gloom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamu View Post
    yoshi gave is reasons why they dont officialy support mods if people cant accept it then thats not his problem
    Wasn't the main reason the difficulty of installing mods on consoles and thus console players being at a disadvantage if there were to open it up?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Every fucking floor had Amnesia and Gloom.
    Man, poor Anza. That must suck...

Quote Originally Posted by Shamu View Post
    yoshi gave is reasons why they dont officialy support mods if people cant accept it then thats not his problem
    Yoshi also signed off on LoV, Gold Saucer, and Diadem, twice.

Lov/Diadem were literally dead content on arrival and Gold Saucer is honestly useless and unexciting. Acting as if his word implies he's justified or guaranteed to be right in any fashion is silly. I'm not bashing the guy, so don't go down that path. He's done a great job with the game, but that doesn't give him a free pass.

IIRC Yoshi's aversion to parsers had to do with a very specific instance:
    “Koike incident”
    A female player and celebrity named Miyu Koike, who also happened to be the host for FFXIV’s official Nico Nico channel show, had an incident she attempted to recruit 7 other players to play with her (this was broadcasted live at that time).
    Abyss of Darkness, a world 3rd Japanese group for Final Coil clear then sneaked into the party (6 of them), streaming themselves through an unofficial channel and then made fun of Koike through slanders, spinning the boss around, and made fun of her DPS performance. Worse, Koike was also sexually harassed when the party disbands.
    This prompted the Japanese community to punish the group sending hundreds of naked Roegadyns (Hageruga Matsuri, see below). As a result, these trolls ended up changing their names, servers, deleted their Twitter accounts, issued a non sincere apology through their Nicovideo live broadcast (which further angered the community).
    Finally the group ended up a temporary ban given by the lead community representive, Foxclon himself.
    The incident did not end in a sweet note however, therefore the group is currently monitored.
    Drawing a conclusion based on an isolated and granted nightmarish scenario is not the way to close doors on discussion. It's clear that these players need to be punished, but it isn't because of parsers.

Also please note: this situation occurred in JP, by JP, and for JP. Not NA/EU.
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 2017-08-07 at 07:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    granted nightmarish scenario
    This prompted the Japanese community to punish the group sending hundreds of naked Roegadyns.
    You can say that again. :O

What is LOV?

15+ Year Old Account

You can say that again. :O

What is LOV?
    Lord of Verminion, the gold saucer minion game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, poor Anza. That must suck...
    Just pissed since we had 3 floors left, and 2 pomanders of serenity.

197: Amnesia, Gloom, Auto-Heal prevented (removed)
    198: Amnesia, Gloom, Auto-Heal prevented (removed)
    199: Amnesia, Gloom, Auto-Heal prevented

Like, what the heck?

Oh well, at least we've seen everything now, next time we go there we'll be able to down it, unless RNG really bites us in the ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Lord of Verminion, the gold saucer minion game.
    ah, pet battles. Okay. Totally forgot about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Drawing a conclusion based on an isolated and granted nightmarish scenario is not the way to close doors on discussion. It's clear that these players need to be punished, but it isn't because of parsers.
    The disapointing fact is that these type of incidents and parsers seem to be inextricably linked in the mind of the games lead Developer. If asking him to reexamine the issue objectively is completely out of the question, then it seems obvious that he's drawn a line in the sand that he's unwilling to cross.

Anyone more removed from the incident can see that the players involved are, for lack of a better term, arseholes. If they weren't using a DPS parser as a tool to harass other players with it would be something else, if ACT didn't exist then the FC would have probably still behaved the way they did. People do seem to love having the chance to harass celebrities via the internet, the fact it happened in game rather than over Twitter means Squenix were at least able to take some official action against the offending players. Vigilante justice more often than not ends up as petty revenge, especially over the internet.

15+ Year Old Account
    ah, pet battles. Okay. Totally forgot about them.
    aside from losing 3 matches just for the challenge log I've never really "played" lord of vermillion.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Quick random battle xp. A friend of mine LOVES fates

And yeah heavensward beast tribes scale to your level
    Levequests and PotD are much quicker.

Yeah Chocobo gets A LOT of damage from the pulse when the debuff is up. I needed to switch to full healing to keep poor Keyara alive through these phases.
    He spams a specific attack on them and not you that strikes me as odd, you'd think he'd be trying to kill a PC with it instead. I need to try Enkelados sometime and see if he behaves similarly with that Ground Drop attack. I noticed Stench Blossom was doing similar things with that Viscid Glob or whatever.

What is LOV?
    Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me... no more.

One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"