Poll: Should Doomplate Thrall return as a main character and Warchief?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eh maybe because Malfurion studied for centuries while Thrall is just strong because the Spirits really like him for some reason (and he is a bitch without them)/
    It's already been shown in Warcraft that younger races learn much faster.

Humans like Jaina, Medivh, Antonidas managed to reach a level of magic that rivalled the likes of Kael and Anasterian despite the latter 2 being centuries older.

Arthas could duel Illidan despite Illidan having much more experience.

Hamuul Runetotem became an Archdruid in just a few years whereas plenty Night Elves have thousands of years and experience and aren't there.

So saying Malfurion studied for longer is pointless, Thrall/mortals in general just learn faster.

Malfurion is also strong because the spirits/Elune/whatever else controls nature likes him. Both Druids and Shaman are just servants of their respective 'gods'/deities.

Deleted
    No. Let him live his life wherever he is, OFFSCREEN.

you cant do that with how they derailed thrall. but aside from that: yes. this one was *lightyear swooosh* WAY better.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Thrall is quite literally the ingame version of Metzen. With Metzen gone, there's no coming back for Thrall. He might show up here and there in the future as Metzen said he'd like to keep voicing him but I don't see Thrall playing a major role ever again.
    Yeah with Metzens retirement I think Thralls story is mostly done

I dont get all the hate for thrall!
    I love him because he is flawed. He made choices and had backfired on him still he always rised and meet the challange. He his the most "human" lore char. I want him to find peace with the elements and get back stronger and lead the horde again. I want him be have his flaws that is want makes his char interesting.

Deleted
    Thrall became almost a peace loving hippy in cataclysm. I do miss the old Thrall and wouldn't mind him returning but his character and story arc needs a harsh change. Something extremely tragic like Aggra and his kid dying and somehow it being the fault of Alliance, at least indirectly. Make his character more jaded and horde focused but not going 180 degree like Jaina has done. As of now there is almost no difference between him and Malfurion.

The Horde is practically a meme in this moment, so anything that gave them back some importance is fine by me

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Though I'm not averse to it, I think Thrall's story is finished - he's had his origin story, his rising action, the culmination of his role as World Shaman, and a descending arc to bring him back down to normal. With the loss of the Doomhammer and the recognition of the PC Shaman as head of the Earthen Ring I think Thrall should pass back into the shadows. A cameo here and there wouldn't be remiss - but I think the Horde needs newer blood in its ranks, and a chance for new stories to take the forefront.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Thrall story will continue with his sons, who will be turned into warmongers
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    Thrall story will continue with his sons, who will be turned into warmongers
    Wrong. One will be warmonger, one will be honorable redeemer. That way blizzard can reharsh the same story for...3rd ? 4th ? time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wrong. One will be warmonger, one will be honorable redeemer. That way blizzard can reharsh the same story for...3rd ? 4th ? time.
    then the warmonger will marry the daughter of Vereesa windrunner, and the peacemaker will kill himself.
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Sadly Thrall's time seems to be up as Warchief, let him retire and take over the mantle as Chieftain of the Frostwolves.

I never will understand the hatred people have for Thrall though, sure he was ridiculously overblown during Cata, but honestly I think he had a justifiable role in MoP working alongside Vol'jin and he should have had a larger role in WoD in my opinion.

Acting like Thrall is a useless character is kind of hilarious. He literally helped save the orcish race and revitalize their culture, he saved the Darkspears from destruction and offered them a place among the Horde. He saved the tauren from extinction by the centaur and helped them reclaim their ancestral lands. He was also an extremely diplomatic Warchief, trying to negotiate with the Alliance to create at least an uneasy peace.

The Horde needs another orc like Thrall and I think Saurfang would be the best candidate for Warchief. He embodies what the New Horde is supposed to be and he has experience fighting alongside the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    I would hardly say the Orc's were the main players for 3 expansions. The last raid of MoP at the SoO and WoD are Orc focused I agree, but you can't call Cataclysm a Orc centred expansion, thats like saying WoTLK is a undead/human expansion because of Lich King/Arthas/Tirion.

He's not a powerful shaman anymore, you find this out if you do the Doomhammer quest-line. I wouldn't say Thrall was the wisest either, he's made bad decisions and is far from this Mary-Sue green Jesus character that haters like to portray him as.
    Pretty sure you can call it orc focused. I level up and do the entry raids. All of a sudden green jesus is in my face telling me to go on some shit quest so get rid of his anger or something. Normally I would say no but he was giving out epics.

Then we fight some fire guys in fire place and then green jesus shows up again telling us he is going to blow up some spaceship or something with a fucking plate. He blasts the spaceship and everyone cheers except the dragon flying the space ship isn't dead and he is pissed.

If it wasn't orc focused, then why did I have to deal with some orc getting in my face all the time.

Plus he aint coming back, I am sure Garrosh killed him at the end of SoO.

Lol, jk. He is retired. he saved the world about 4 times. Malfurion, who is suppose to be a lot more powerful hasn't even done it once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account

After WoD destroyed most of the Orc characters of old and made them raging "Conquerers" even without the blood of Mannoroth, which IMO made the curse redundant as it portrays them negatively even without the fel taint.

Garrosh's character change and fall.

Saurfang is around and he's on his last legs.

Thrall's lack of impact in the story, loss of power. Should he now adorn his full Doomplate and return as Warchief and fill a hole he left since he became the world shaman? The Horde without any meaningful Orc characters feels like a shadow of itself, am I the only one who feels like this?
    Metzen would never let Thrall be killed. What he did gave Thrall an out... he's lost the doomhammer. He isn't even part of the earthen ring anymore as the element no longer listen to him. He is... nothing.

Sounds harsh... I would have rather they gave him a Varian death... but whatever. The point is that they've gone out of their way to peaceably remove him from lore and current events. Perhaps we will some day make it back to our Tiller farm... to see him "working with the elements". They couldn't have written him out of lore with more finality than if they'd put him in an Orcish nursing home.

Thrall was a cool character but having him come back to save the day... gets a little tiresome. You begin to expect it. As affectionate as "green jesus" is as a nickname... he isn't.

That model is cool though... where'd ya get it?
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-08-07 at 05:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Though I'm not averse to it, I think Thrall's story is finished - he's had his origin story, his rising action, the culmination of his role as World Shaman, and a descending arc to bring him back down to normal. With the loss of the Doomhammer and the recognition of the PC Shaman as head of the Earthen Ring I think Thrall should pass back into the shadows. A cameo here and there wouldn't be remiss - but I think the Horde needs newer blood in its ranks, and a chance for new stories to take the forefront.
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Metzen would never let Thrall be killed. What he did gave Thrall an out... he's lost the doomhammer. He isn't even part of the earthen ring anymore as the element no longer listen to him. He is... nothing.

Sounds harsh... I would have rather they gave him a Varian death... but whatever. The point is that they've gone out of their way to peaceably remove him from lore and current events. Perhaps we will some day make it back to our Tiller farm... to see him "working with the elements". They couldn't have written him out of lore with more finality than if they'd put him in an Orcish nursing home.

Thrall was a cool character but having him come back to save the day... gets a little tiresome. You begin to expect it. As affectionate as "green jesus" is as a nickname... he isn't.

That model is cool though... where'd ya get it?
    ...The highlighted part + @Aucald are the points almost everyone else in the thread has been tryng to make that the TC refuses to accept, which is fine.

Speaking of:

Not really, though it is the question I asked. Would I like to see Thrall return and be Warchief again, yes. Would I like to see a leading Orc character play a bigger role, hell yes.
    ...Yes, you are grasping. I do it myself with alot of the Wish List-type threads I've been making in General WoW recently. I'm not the type of person to piss on someone else's wishful thinking on that note. The thing about Thrall is his story is done. Metzen set up Thrall's exit starting in Cataclysm with the obvious analogies with stuff going on in his personal life (Getting married, starting a family and retiring). Any further appearances by Thrall will likely be cameos and not much more than that.

Again, you must have some insider information if you can definitively say that. To me it looks like he's on the back burner for now as other characters are predominately in the spotlight. You say I'm grasping at wanting Thrall to be Warchief, whatever. But you're just grasping at straws full-stop.
    ...I see this and I know you're in denial about Thrall's story being done. I was pretty clear anout this along with most of the people who've posted in far less polite ways.

As for the rest of what I said, you DO know that was just speculation on my part right? You're clearly taking alot of what folks are saying a bit too literally for some reason.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Not yet. We saw over the past years so much about Thrall we need some Thrall-Free years. But maybe we could see him down the line, as an elder again. With grey hair pickung up his armor one last time to fight something. And then he dies.

Deleted
    I hope that somewhere in the world a son or daughter of Garrosh and Zeala is around and Thrall will die at his/her hand in the future.

Its the only thing atm Thrall is still good for, the revenge of the Hellscream family.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    ......no.He had an awesome run.Let him be a wise,powerful shaman who lives a life of retirement with his clan and family(like Metzen ).
    No. I don't want him to exist at all anymore.

Let him rot in the nether. So sick of him and all the hard-ons for him.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love to know how Jaina could be a better Warchief then Thrall. Again, it's the mindless hate I just don't understand.
    Calling it mindless is not only rude, but pathetic.

There's reasons for peoples' hatred - were you not around for even a month of Cataclysm?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

7+ Year Old Account
    I would hardly say the Orc's were the main players for 3 expansions. The last raid of MoP at the SoO and WoD are Orc focused I agree, but you can't call Cataclysm a Orc centred expansion, thats like saying WoTLK is a undead/human expansion because of Lich King/Arthas/Tirion.

He's not a powerful shaman anymore, you find this out if you do the Doomhammer quest-line. I wouldn't say Thrall was the wisest either, he's made bad decisions and is far from this Mary-Sue green Jesus character that haters like to portray him as.
    during cata we followed thrall alot, there was whole questchains with him, even as alliance, the firelands, his elemental dismay thing, the expansion had ALOT of thrall...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    I hope that somewhere in the world a son or daughter of Garrosh and Zeala is around and Thrall will die at his/her hand in the future.

Its the only thing atm Thrall is still good for, the revenge of the Hellscream family.
    they would be pretty young, we would have to skip foward maybe 20 years or so, maybe 15
    or wait for 7 more expansions
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    they would be pretty young, we would have to skip foward maybe 20 years or so, maybe 15
    or wait for 7 more expansions
    Pff... it can be done as soon as 7.3.5
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side