Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I kinda hope Azshara has a unique Ursula the Sea Witch type model.
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    If memory server, the RPG book (non-canon) described her having an octopus-like lower body, and I don't see why blizzard would have changed of mind about that... Not only does that set her apart from other Naga (with precedence for Naga with unique mutations in-game), but also it feels more old-godish, which kinda makes sense.
    I think Azshara is a shapeshifter. As the expansion goes (be it next or whichever has her as villain), she will appear as her night elven form, as her own beautiful naga form, as a monstrous Naga (Ursula-like) and, in the last fight, as a full monstrosity that is beyond even the naga.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I think Azshara is a shapeshifter. As the expansion goes (be it next or whichever has her as villain), she will appear as her night elven form, as her own beautiful naga form, as a monstrous Naga (Ursula-like) and, in the last fight, as a full monstrosity that is beyond even the naga.
    You know what?, I dig that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    tinker class is the only thing i disagree with in that tbh, too soon.
    well i disagreed with demon hunters and look where that went. They'll do anything at this point, the only question is which races get to be tinkers. If it's only gnomes and goblins, we're going to be seeing a shitload of gnomes and alliance this expansion.

Stood in the Fire TheReptorGekko's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Azshara is a shapeshifter. As the expansion goes (be it next or whichever has her as villain), she will appear as her night elven form, as her own tiful naga form, as a monstrous Naga (Ursula-like) and, in the last fight, as a full monstrosity that is beyond even the naga.
    I am not sure one hand this dose really cool but on the other her beaut is big part of here character.

7+ Year Old Account
    The happy place inside your soul, oh wait..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReptorGekko View Post
    I am not sure one hand this dose really cool but on the other her beaut is big part of here character.
    looks can be decieving, i really like the idea too.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    In terms of pure brute power, Deathwing might be able to edge out KJ or Archi. But the two eredar lords are far more intelligent than Deathwing and both have a far larger army than DW. Also, Gruul damaged Deathwing pretty badly. I know that was before the Old Gods fully juiced him up, but I can't see him being bigger threat than Arch or KJ, especially on a galactic level.
    Pretty sure that Deathwing is at least as smart as Kil'jaeden or Archimonde. Deathwing was an aspect empowered by all of the other aspects and an Old God.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReptorGekko View Post
    Wouldn't that be was a big part of her character? All of those descriptions of her being beautiful are before the sundering and her Naga-fication.

Stood in the Fire TheReptorGekko's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    well i disagreed with demon hunters and look where that went. They'll do anything at this point, the only question is which races get to be tinkers. If it's only gnomes and goblins, we're going to be seeing a shitload of gnomes and alliance this expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Wouldn't that be was a big part of her character? All of those descriptions of her being beautiful are before the sundering and her Naga-fication.
    well waht I was getting at was her being monstrous while still retaining some of her beaut something like this http://breath-art.deviantart.com/art...byss-162442735

I think it's very lazy storytelling on Blizz's part to introduce the concept of the Void Lords as a "bigger, badder evil" right before we got to the point where we were going to deal with Sargeras, who represented that role for the longest of times. I don't play this game specifically for the story but if we defeat the void lords and there's suddenly some other big bad enemy who happened to be living on some hidden continent this whole time, it's going to feel like a sad joke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jqu View Post
    I think it's very lazy storytelling on Blizz's part to introduce the concept of the Void Lords as a "bigger, badder evil" right before we got to the point where we were going to deal with Sargeras, who represented that role for the longest of times. I don't play this game specifically for the story but if we defeat the void lords and there's suddenly some other big bad enemy who happened to be living on some hidden continent this whole time, it's going to feel like a sad joke.
    They haven't "just" introduced it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Void Lords are only know in the Chronicles. There isn't an indication of them(Aside from the void magic they associate with) ingame.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Zemin View Post
    They haven't "just" introduced it.
    They introduced them in Chronicles, released around the end of WoD, when Legion's story was likely already fleshed out. So they realized that they were going to take on the big bad and retconned the lore to create a bigger badder bad.

7+ Year Old Account
    They introduced them in Chronicles, released around the end of WoD, when Legion's story was likely already fleshed out. So they realized that they were going to take on the big bad and retconned the lore to create a bigger badder bad.
    But they didn't do any retcons (or at least major ones) to introduce the Void lords.
    They fleshed out the magic chart and introduced them around the existing lore, which in turn gave a purpose to the Old Gods(and their minions). Same as how making Azeroth into a Titan soul wasn't a retcon, since they molded it around existing lore (the Well of Eternity being the essence/blood of Azeroth after Y'shaarj was plucked from the planet, in turn fleshing out why Old Gods shouldn't be fully killed, just cut down from time to time).

I think people haven't been paying attention the last couple of years. Sargeras wins = dead universe. N'Zoth wins = no universe. Which one is the greater threat?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is just consequence of story progression with no end. As long as millions are playing WoW, they won't shut it down, simple as that. And they can't drag this Sargeras/Legion threat forever.

I'm pretty certain we will defeat Void Lords in 3-4 expansions and if game still will be in good shape, they just will come up with something else. Fel covered, Void covered, maybe Death realm itself will be next "ultimate" bad?

I know it will be cheap as hell, but I don't expect it to be ambitious. WoW story always was stupid, but epic and emotional (I tear up during Blizzard cinematics more than I care to admit). When I want complex and clever story, I play something like Witcher 3. Just like when I want more ambitious sci-fi, I watch Blade Runner, not Star Wars, but I still love SW.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I think people haven't been paying attention the last couple of years. Sargeras wins = dead universe. N'Zoth wins = no universe. Which one is the greater threat?
    It actually reminds of our XX century history. Void (Communism) - evil, destructive force that want to corrupt and counquer all world. Sargeras and Burning Legion (Hitler and nazi) are formed as crusade to destroy Void (Cummunism), but "when you stare into abyss, abyss stare back at you", so they also become evil, destructive force (less corrupting, but more destructive than Void). They see Void agents everywhere and destroy everything just in case.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2017-08-07 at 09:06 PM.

My initial reaction was the same, but then I started revising TBC content and was surprised at how many hints towards the Void there was there. Maybe not the Void Lords per se were planned back there, but definitely they were planning something big related to the Void. From the Arcatraz boss saying that they were countless across the stars, dwarfing even the Legion, Dimensius having consumed K'aresh, the lore behind the Ethereals and the Light/Void cycle of the Naaru, fleshy beasts from Arcatraz being related to the shadow magic, the old shadowy Shadowfiend/Mindbender spells and so on.

Void Lords sound like new info, but they were definitely at least conceptualized way back in TBC, if not before.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just consequence of story progression with no end. As long as millions are playing WoW, they won't shut it down, simple as that. And they can't drag this Sargeras/Legion threat forever.
    I wouldn't consider it dragging. The Legion is done for right now(Killing all your threats off fast is not a good idea by any means). That said Blizzard needs to add new villains and stuff.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2017-08-07 at 09:20 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    My initial reaction was the same, but then I started revising TBC content and was surprised at how many hints towards the Void there was there. Maybe not the Void Lords per se were planned back there, but definitely they were planning something big related to the Void. From the Arcatraz boss saying that they were countless across the stars, dwarfing even the Legion, Dimensius having consumed K'aresh, the lore behind the Ethereals and the Light/Void cycle of the Naaru, fleshy beasts from Arcatraz being related to the shadow magic, the old shadowy Shadowfiend/Mindbender spells and so on.

Void Lords sound like new info, but they were definitely at least conceptualized way back in TBC, if not before.
    They definitely do fit into the Warcraft Universe, seeing as how pretty much no retconning was needed for their introduction in the chronicles.
    They might not have been planned since the beginning as they are at the moment, but it is clear that blizzard wanted to expand on the Void lore for some time.
    They were probably first introduced in Chronicles vol.1 because Blizz knew they would be mentioned in Legion, so that the players wouldn't be like "We just stopped the Burning Legion and you introduced a new threat." (Who knows, maybe the original WoD story was supposed to end with us finding out about the Void Lords).

Azshara has been always portrayed as a ver4y powerful entity, even when she was "just" a night elf. The biggest demons (including Mannoroth) feared her power and thought only Kil'jaeden, Archimonde or Sargeras would be above her, and that was 10,000 years ago, before she turned into a Naga.

Azshara being final boss of a tier (or even of an entire expansion) wouldn't be strange.
    This is what I've always been saying. If she was scary powerful 10,000 years ago, what's she like now?

- - - Updated - - -

That's probably how any boss fight with her will go. We won't even see her as her true naga form until we make her angry enough for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    The happy place inside your soul, oh wait..
    speaking of ursala-like azshara, they could easily use the helya model for that.

I mean helya already has an achievement called poor unfortunate souls.
    if they go through with it i want her to be named urshara.

speaking of raid content:
    what if bloodsail got a raid, we haven't had a pirate raid yet, would actually be cool to walk between boats and fight pirates (also more cookie's)
    and a troll raid (we're long overdue for one 4.1 is the last time zalandari was relevent)

2nd tier will be a titan construct (something they can just pull out of their asses to give weight to the void lords)

3rd tier will be Azshara.
    Last edited by DRenziboy; 2017-08-07 at 10:39 PM.