Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    I am not trying to keep them from coming out. Where did I say that? Reread what I said again. MULLER MULLER MULLER MULLER doesn't have to be the one to do it. If he is spending resources on stuff not related to Russia then he is spending resources on this other stuff that ends up only making us wait longer for the verdict. MULLER MULLER MULLER doesn't have to be the one to investigate this stuff. For tax fraud/evasion he can even compile a separate investigation once Russia is done. How much longer will we be in the dark regarding the 2016 election?
    Muller isn't investigating this as far as we know. This is what you would call investigative journalism, not a leak.

I know some people mentioned this as something Muller could look at but something like this is chump change compared to what he is after. So you either completely misunderstood the story or you were trying to argue that Muller shouldn't follow the money trail in his collusion investigation. Which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And here we were all slightly enamored with your "fair" request. You realize that the currently FIVE ongoing investigations into Trump are painting, in broad strokes, that very picture, right?

I love newly *woke* trumpers - they are so adorable.
    I wasn't talking "fair" as in how Trump is treated. I meant my point of view was fair. You guys have been spamming me with replies based off of my use of the word "fair". You guys don't even understand I am not protecting Trump here.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Well that is what the investigations are for isn't it? To find out if it's a conspiracy or actually occurred. And, really, given what we know about russian money laundering it isn't that grand of a conspiracy.
    The thread is actually pretty reasonable. Authorities are seeing real estate based money laundering in NYC and London. And way back there were stories about U.S. financial institutions had black balled Trump and he couldn't borrow a dime anymore because of his multiple bankruptcies.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't talking "fair" as in how Trump is treated. I meant my point of view was fair. You guys have been spamming me with replies based off of my use of the word "fair". You guys don't even understand I am not protecting Trump here.
    I know what you meant by fair - I was hoping your use of fair meant you understood the wood, and hopefully used it in your cognitive processes. Guess I was wrong. Unless you're saying you aren't aware of the NY state AG's office already investigating Trump and his cronies/family for money laundering.

He is currently under audit by the IRS.
    given that he wrote off 1BN loss I'm going to assume that he has been audited very very often.

Him being audited is nothing shocking really

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    given that he wrote off 1BN loss I'm going to assume that he has been audited very very often.

Him being audited is nothing shocking really
    That loss has actually already been cleared by the IRS. I agree completely, though, that him being audited is nothing surprising.

Him refusing to release his taxes was one of the biggest red flags in presidential campaign history. Conservatives have such a thorough hatred for Clinton, yet even she released decades of her own tax returns. Given how easily they believe conspiracy theories pushed about people on the left (birtherism, pizza gate, etc...) I would have thought Trump hiding his taxes would have made them wary of him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I'm hesitant to believe that IRS would miss something so simple for a guy like Trump.
    Trump filed an extension on his taxes for 2016 once already. It's possible the IRS just flat-out doesn't have them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Him refusing to release his taxes was one of the biggest red flags in presidential campaign history. Conservatives have such a thorough hatred for Clinton, yet even she released decades of her own tax returns. Given how easily they believe conspiracy theories pushed about people on the left (birtherism, pizza gate, etc...) I would have thought Trump hiding his taxes would have made them wary of him.
    Especially since I believe it was his lawyers that said that he shouldn't release his taxes because it would show his immense ties to Russia.

Because his initial charge by the Justice Department was to investigate Russian Collusion. Some local tax filings have no relation to the charge given to Muller. Trump shouldn't be let off with tax evasion if it is true, but it has no relation to Muller's job. The IRS or another department can pursue those charges. Muller should let the US citizens know as soon as possible about the results of his Russia investigation. THEN, he can broaden the scope to other things if need be. I think my position is pretty fair.
    and any crimes uncovered in that investigation. Or, to quote rosenstein directly:

any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation.
    - - - Updated - - -

I am not trying to keep them from coming out. Where did I say that? Reread what I said again. MULLER MULLER MULLER MULLER doesn't have to be the one to do it. If he is spending resources on stuff not related to Russia then he is spending resources on this other stuff that ends up only making us wait longer for the verdict. MULLER MULLER MULLER doesn't have to be the one to investigate this stuff. For tax fraud/evasion he can even compile a separate investigation once Russia is done. How much longer will we be in the dark regarding the 2016 election?
    They don't need to reread what you wrote. You're just wrong on the facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Not only this, but they have to, at some point, have done the calculation and decided that the flak they would get from NOT releasing is less damaging than what the taxes would reveal. The decision to not release is a conscious decision: and it's something that should've scared a LOT more people away than it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Not only this, but they have to, at some point, have done the calculation and decided that the flak they would get from NOT releasing is less damaging than what the taxes would reveal. The decision to not release is a conscious decision: and it's something that should've scared a LOT more people away than it did.
    I always thought it was because he wasn't as rich as he wanted people to believe. His properties are probably levered so high that his wealth is only 20-30% of what people estimate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought it was because he wasn't as rich as he wanted people to believe. His properties are probably levered so high that his wealth is only 20-30% of what people estimate.
    That matches exactly his listed net worth of $2.7B (it could be half that) while claimed net worth of $10B.

Also, it's not just how much money he owes, it's to who and/or whom. Where does money come from, after six bankruptcies? Because I think it comes from known money launderer Deutche Bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Where does money come from, after six bankruptcies? Because I think it comes from known money launderer Deutche Bank.
    I'm quite curious as well. Per my cousin in investment banking, none of it comes from the US. He's fucked US lenders over so many times that they apparently flat out won't lend to him, period. So he's had to go abroad, but to which countries? : P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm quite curious as well. Per my cousin in investment banking, none of it comes from the US. He's fucked US lenders over so many times that they apparently flat out won't lend to him, period. So he's had to go abroad, but to which countries? : P
    I was being partially facetious. Trump has flat-out admitted owing so much money to Deutche Bank, that he wrote down "Over $50 million" on his mandatory disclosure forms rather than say the actual amount.

You can't do that with the IRS.

P.S. Kushner also borrowed from them.

And that very well could be all it is. His ego is so massive that he I could see him perceiving knowledge of his true wealth to be more damaging than not releasing taxes at all. Whether it's simply that or if it's something shadier, we don't know for sure yet. The only thing we can be certain of is that his foot is getting shot and he's the one with the gun.

And here we were all slightly enamored with your "fair" request. You realize that the currently FIVE ongoing investigations into Trump are painting, in broad strokes, that very picture, right?

I love newly *woke* trumpers - they are so adorable.
    What's even more 'adorable' is all these people with TDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    What's even more 'adorable' is all these people with TDS.
    Trump Derangement Syndrome is a made up bullshit term by people slobbering all over Trump's knob because they think that there is nothing in the Trump Russia investigation, yet we have 5 investigations and 2 grand juries that say it isn't. But hey, you keep doing you with your defense of Trump and keep ignoring it.

Okay, so the investigation is now just about a couple tax issues that can be paid off with a fine? How does that relate to Russia? Mueller should finish his case on Russia and then come back and tell us the results instead of putting all THIS stuff included into it. Have a separate investigation for this crap so we can have the Russia conclusion sooner. Muelller doesnt have to waste his time on random tax filings that may have been filed improperly. Some other department can do that. Have Muller focus directly on things related to Russia.
    Who said it was just about taxes?

Why not both?

What's wrong with broadening the investigation? It's not like he can't report his findings in separate sections.

Ken Starr certainly had no problems with it.
    Speaking of another piece of shit I saw Starr on CNN. While I didn't watch it, CNN had the gaul to put this guy on and have him speak that Mueller is fishing. Holy Shit!

Add that this piece of shit had some head job at Baylor University and rape cover up.

Because his initial charge by the Justice Department was to investigate Russian Collusion. Some local tax filings have no relation to the charge given to Muller. Trump shouldn't be let off with tax evasion if it is true, but it has no relation to Muller's job. The IRS or another department can pursue those charges. Muller should let the US citizens know as soon as possible about the results of his Russia investigation. THEN, he can broaden the scope to other things if need be. I think my position is pretty fair.
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...el-Russia.html

His initial charge was much more broad than that. Keep yelling at those clouds though.