Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Nice slippery slope there. You pay to get skins, abilities and loot sooner, not to unlock premium stuff.
    It isnt needed at all.

It's greedy plain and simple. Horizon has new DLC coming out, I dont remember microtransaction being shoved in our faces to pay for it.

Witcher 3 gave us tones of free DLC where was the loot boxes that paid for that?

No excuses please
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-08-07 at 09:58 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    It isnt needed at all.

It's greedy plain and simple. Horizon has new DLC coming out, I dont remember microtransaction being shoved in our faces to pay for it.

Witcher 3 gave us tones of free DLC where was the loot boxes that paid for that?

No excuses please
    Again, everything is unlocked by playing the game. How is that an excuse? For me an excuse to to yell the lungs out about the weak control on each one's wallets.

Again, everything is unlocked by playing the game. How is that an excuse? For me an excuse to to yell the lungs out about the weak control on each one's wallets.
    A game company does not add microtransactions with the expectation that players WON'T buy them. If you honestly think they're NOT going to neuter the game if you don't spend more money, then I want you to take a good, long, hard goddamn look at Dead Space 3.

Just...

Stop.
    Stop it.
    Just stop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    WB does not need support, they're the ones cashing in on this crap. I don't know of anyone who dislikes this crap that also support day 1 DLC, so you can put that strawman back in it's closet.

DLC created after a game is launched is justified to sell due to additional development time. No one should expect content outside of the original box to be free (with the exception of patches to fix the game itself). However, for a full priced game players should absolutely have full access to 100% of the assets in that game. Charging for cheat codes is a flatly anti-consumer practice, and shame on you for promoting it.
    The dude I'm arguing against pre-ordered TW:W - a strategy-game with a whole race as a pre-order DLC, which you have to buy now.
    So yeah, there is that.

And uhm... they have access to 100% - nothing is gated behind it, at least that's what they are saying... unlike in said TW:W game. Shame on you for making things up, I guess?
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-08-07 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good if it's in the game there's no need to charge for it... Why con people with this nonsense at all.

Bottom line is the price tag doesn't need to be there. the micro transactions don't need to bethere. whats wrong with just having a base game. What WB are doing is making EA and Ubisoft look like Jesus, if Jesus was a publisher.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-08-07 at 10:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    A game company does not add microtransactions with the expectation that players WON'T buy them.
    And a game company is someone's parent because...? No, seriously, it is time for the consumer to get smarter and start focusing on the real problem, not the companies that sell but the people that buy.

I don't see a reason why, as a consumer, should be raging against something that doesn't affect me at all nor takes the product that I bought beforehand.

If people want to cheat (which is pretty much what the loot boxes are in this case) and get stronger in a single player game faster, good for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Good if it's in the game there's no need to charge for it... Why con people with this nonsense at all.
    "Con people" would make sense if they didn't told beforehand that everything is unlocked by playing the game.

This is payable "Boost Level" or "Cheat Mode".

Deleted
    And a game company is someone's parent because...? No, seriously, it is time for the consumer to get smarter and start focusing on the real problem, not the companies that sell but the people that buy.

I don't see a reason why, as a consumer, should be raging against something that doesn't affect me at all nor takes the product that I bought beforehand.

If people want to cheat (which is pretty much what the loot boxes are in this case) and get stronger in a single player game faster, good for them.

- - - Updated - - -

"Con people" would make sense if they didn't told beforehand that everything is unlocked by playing the game.

This is playable "Boost Level" or "Cheat Mode".
    Exactly this.

It's like you go to a supermarket and start cursing and blaming all these nice and tasty looking packages because they make you want to buy them.
    You know the content is shit, just don't buy it.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-08-07 at 10:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

This is payable "Boost Level" or "Cheat Mode".
    Which you have to pay for... You are constantly avoiding the points to my posts here....

If you want to buy this game I wont stop you have fun, but I wont. at least not until its at least 60% off.

Deleted
    Which you have to pay for... You are constantly avoiding the points to my posts here....
    How am I avoiding the points when I posted "payable "Boost Level" or "Cheat Mode""?

Hmm the microtransactions does strike me as a bit odd, if I am to be honest I already plan on preordering it regardless so shame on me for being a whale I suppose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Exactly this.

It's like you go to a supermarket and start cursing and blaming all these nice and tasty looking packages because they make you want to buy them.
    A better metaphor would be blaming the taxis for taking people, when they could simply walk for 30 mins for free.

Deleted
    A better metaphor would be blaming the taxis for taking people, when they could simply walk for 30 mins for free.
    Probably, but walking 30 mins can be pretty annoying, and we don't know yet if it will be annoying to "farm" orcs or certain items (can they even include items? I've only read about Orcs + Training stuff + Cosmetics).
    So I like mine better for now.
    It's also lacking a little, because the taxi isn't even guaranteed to drop you off where you want to.
    So in a way, you have to go from A to B and you are guaranteed to get there in time, but there is a taxi that offers help for a small fee, but just before you get in, he says that he might drop you off somewhere else, could be closer, could be somewhere else which is as far away as before.

These boxes are meant for stupid people to buy. No one would pay a taxi if it doesn't get you to where you want to be. But people do it, which is why this is more common than in the past.So fuck it, as a taxi driver I'd try to drain as much money as possible from these people too.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-08-07 at 10:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    How am I avoiding the points when I posted "payable "Boost Level" or "Cheat Mode""?
    Remember when boost level and cheat mode were codes on the back of gaming magazines and not 9.99$ dlc each ? Good times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Remember when boost level and cheat mode were codes on the back of gaming magazines and not 9.99$ dlc each ? Good times.
    Which is the only valid argument here. But in the ninities they were called "cheat cartridges". Now it's just prettier than a piece of plastic.

Deleted
    So they were behind a 9,99$ gaming magazine pay wall?

Hacking is still free btw.. most likely and will eventually work anyway, not like it's any different.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-08-07 at 10:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Which is the only valid argument here. But in the ninities they were called "cheat cartridges". Now it's just prettier than a piece of plastic.
    No, they were sequnce you typed on keyboard, like good old MPKFA

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    So they were behind a 9,99$ gaming magazine pay wall?

Hacking is still free btw.. most likely and will eventually work anyway, not like it's any different.
    I don't see how writing few letters on piece of paper is pay wall....i mean you do have friends who shared codes to all games don't you ?

Deleted
    No, they were sequnce you typed on keyboard, like good old MPKFA
    On PCs, yep. They still are in several games (like Paradox games). On consoles, besides the Contra code, very few other games had in-game cheat codes.

And KrayZee is right, we still needed to buy the magazine or borrow it from someone else, the internet wasn't the monster that is today.

Heck, I remember my brother copying a cheat-tape for Spectrum, from a tape he got from a friend.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-08-07 at 10:57 PM.

Deleted
    I don't see how writing few letters on piece of paper is pay wall....i mean you do have friends who shared codes to all games don't you ?
    I was obviously trying to be funny because your comment is just as absurd as mine, anyway if you were an honest person, you'd buy the magazine and not just read it for free.

Most games wouldn't allow your SP achievements to carry over to MP either. Which is not the case here. Your SP gear, orcs, stuff will have an effect on multiplayer, so cheating should obviously not be allowed.

edit: and yes, obviously it's okay for devs if you pay for them. But since they can limit the amount and impact it has on the social aspect of the game they wanted to do, it helps them and the players that don't cheat.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-08-07 at 11:18 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I must be one of the free that gives Zero fucks about the microtransaction crates. I don't really care if people want to pay real money to further themselves in a singleplayer game since you can also get them just by playing the game. For some people I guess it just helps them get gear and such fast if they don't have a lot of time to play, whereas people who have the time to play can just earn them in game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ has no impact on me either way since it is singleplayer.

- - - Updated - - -

On PCs, yep. They still are in several games (like Paradox games). On consoles, besides the Contra code, very few other games had in-game cheat codes.
    lolfuckingwhat? Console games had massive amounts of cheatcodes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    lolfuckingwhat? Console games had massive amounts of cheatcodes.
    A drop in the ocean compared with the world that were the cheat cartridges.