Poll: How do you rate the Broken Shore content?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It was excellent.
    Nice storyline, nice class hall mounts and better WQs and stuff to do. It's certainly a huge step forward. Hope Argus is at least this good!
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Its probably one of the few patches that would give 6.1 a run for its money as the worst thing implemented.
    let's analyse that shall we?

6.1 - twitter integration, more garrison stuff, updated blood elf models, heirlooms tab
    7.2 - new zone, new dungeon, new questlines, class mounts, demon invasions, pvp brawls, pet battle dungeons, pathfinder achievement for flying, crafted legendaries, new affixes in mythic+, transmog sets in collections tab

in short, yes 6.1 was shit but you can hardly say that 7.2 is just as bad

I only do the key quest on the Broken Shore these days. Pretty bored the rest of it by now.

Invasions are alright. Shame they don't happen in Suramar.

Invasions were good for leveling my alts so I wouldn't have to suffer through questing zones any longer. Haven't touched Broken Shore since I got my "class mount" glyph.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    I only do the key quest on the Broken Shore these days. Pretty bored the rest of it by now.

Invasions are alright. Shame they don't happen in Suramar.
    The city is still stuck in NH mode so it doesn't make sense for the legion to invade anywhere in city limits and that leaves very little space for them to actually have a WQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    as is the going trend with WoW these days, another patch worth of content ruined by horrible time gating and heavy reliance on RNG to try and bait players into sticking around.

as ive said before in other threads, i dont need or want RNG to try and keep me around, i want satisfying content that rewards me appropriately for my time spent. if the content was fun the first time, i will enjoy it on an alt for replay-ability.

make an engaging and rewarding story so that i want to come back thru on an alt, dont try to bait me around with snorefest D3 style rewards.

grind and RNG have their place, but they need to be kept in strict check by the balance of clear concise rewards and progression.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Overall I thought 7.2 was really good.

The bad:
    Breaching the Tomb campaign was really lackluster of a story, especially on the helps of Insurrection.

The good:

Invasions were fun, and a bonus they can be done while leveling alts.

The opening scenario to establish your base on the BS was fun.

The quest chains to empower your artifact were well done and varies.

Mage tower challenge is one of my favorite things ever put in the game.

PvP brawls have been fun. I really enjoyed 15v15 arena.

AK catchup and nethershard gear.

New dungeon was fun, and quite hard. Also essentially got 3 new mythic + dungeon.

New class specific chains for new follower and first ever class mounts for all 12 classes.

I don't really pet battle but was cool to see a new dungeon.

If you count 7.2.5 also got BT timewalking and chromie scenario which were both well done. Also some fluff with AH dance party and trial of style.

And of course this includes a 9 boss raid. Overall id have a hard time coming up with a patch that had more things to do. Maybe 5.2? No dungeon though.

Invasions would be more fun if they happened more frequently. I only do Broken Shore quests for the key every three days and if there's a WQ with 3+ Bloods.

Another useless whine thread.

Who does Broken Shore after receiving their class mount anyway?

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish they would do what they did with the Nightfallen for these content patches (an evolving story where your actions change the environment over time). Broken Shore feels like Blizzard's version of Chuck E. Cheeses: lots of unrelated little things to do mashed up together with little to no context or story binding it together.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Worst patch they've ever shat out apart from 2.2 and 6.1 which can't really be classified as proper patches.
    so glad to see someone not ignore 2.2 "6.1 is the worst patch in the game, something like this would never happen in the glory days of BC"
    it was so funny to see people say that, but yeah, 2.2 and 6.1 should not have been "major content patches"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Worst patch they've ever shat out apart from 2.2 and 6.1 which can't really be classified as proper patches.
    I'm sorry, but NOTHING, EVER can be compared to the pathetic excuse of a patch that 6.1 was.

Time heals all. We start to forget.

On Topic: BS was "okay" for the first day. Then it became monotonous, mediocre alt catch-up mechanic place, rather than something I'd look forward to, as I did to e.g. Isle of Thunder or Quel'Danas.

More repeatable 'content' with no actual story being told. It was a failure of a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by fotmyo View Post
    Invasions + Worldquests are the illusion of content
    No, they are content, not particularly good content though I do enjoy WQs, but they are literal content.

@OP it's okay, the invasions are okay enough, the dungeon was good and Tomb is great, but if you are just talking about the zone, I think it is about on par with Tanaan, so like a 5/10, mediocre.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

7.2-7.2.5 was pretty bad imo, it didnt help that it was hyped by blizzard to be the "biggest patch" ever released. I mean, i understand the ammount of work that went into it, but for the regular player that plays, lets say 1-3/4/5 ish characters on average, its felt mediocre. The timegate was horrible because of the pasing of the questline on the broken shore.

With that said, since 7.2.5 i've been having a lot of fun with Tomb, And it has been a good time to catch up alot of characters. I like that they keep increasing the crafted gear itemlevel so its still worth making and getting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so glad to see someone not ignore 2.2 "6.1 is the worst patch in the game, something like this would never happen in the glory days of BC"
    it was so funny to see people say that, but yeah, 2.2 and 6.1 should not have been "major content patches"
    Blizzard need to be called on ALL their shit. Even if said shit is almost a decade old now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toro S View Post
    I'm sorry, but NOTHING, EVER can be compared to the pathetic excuse of a patch that 6.1 was.

Time heals all. We start to forget.

On Topic: BS was "okay" for the first day. Then it became monotonous, mediocre alt catch-up mechanic place, rather than something I'd look forward to, as I did to e.g. Isle of Thunder or Quel'Danas.
    I excluded 6.1 and 2.2, since I know those were worse.

It was ok in my book. Not overly engaging neither in therms of narrative or gameplay but as a filler-patch to keep us occupied while waiting for TOS and eventually 7.3 and Argus it was decent.
    I've had something to do, and Broken Shore also made gearing a new char to 850 very easy.

It became old real quick, but in this day and age - everything does.

It's just another round of world quests.

And just like world quests, they started off interesting, but quickly became very boring and repetitive. After I got Exalted with legionfall, I stopped doing them out of pure boredom with doing them every single day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Blizzard never called 6.1 a "major content patch".

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    ...I for myself think it's one of the worst content patches ever. The pacing, the gating and the "quality" was overall very low imho. Maybe I just overplayed it but it was very disappointing in the end...
    The Broken Shore was a two fold experiment. First it allowed for flying which is the best improvement in the game since release. Next it gave alts an alternate progression that did not include Suramar to get raid ready. I feel it did the job that was needed.

Granted, I do feel that the content gate felt artificial and the pacing was off... but in the meantime they released a distraction patch (7.2.5) on June 16th which brought: the Death of Chromie, Black Temple Timewalking, Pet Battle Dungeon: Deadmines, Blight Boar to the Darkmoon Faire, and lots of other micro-holidays.

So even though the Broken Shore and Invasions by itself doesn't hold up as long term content, it did manage to allow us to shift focus to alts and take to the skies again. Which were two of the biggest complaints since launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Great patch.

Invasiions are amazing for leveling alts if you are lazy.

Broken shore is ok i suppose Good for gearing alts.