Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    There's no way there are 1,000,000 cops in the US.
    1.1 million employed in law enforcement in 2008. 750.000 of them sworn in personnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Findlyn View Post
    Citation needed, or this is just anecdotal at best.
    Here's from this past week.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...-drugs-n789396

So one incident, is somehow a constant? Yeah that cop needs fired, but how is it systematic cover up? Again, you are turning one or two things in the past couple months, as if it is a hourly/daily thing. Anecdotal hyperbole.

So one incident, is somehow a constant? Yeah that cop needs fired, but how is it systematic cover up? Again, you are turning one or two things in the past couple months, as if it is a hourly/daily thing. Anecdotal hyperbole.
    If you like, I will gladly post you a new one every single day. Message me tomorrow, and I'll give you one.

4 pages and this hasnt been posted yet? Shame

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Just a few bad apple fritters.
    Last edited by pionock; 2017-08-08 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pionock View Post
    Just a few bad apples fritters.
    You definitely got a chuckle out of me. Well played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    One crazy employee is hardly a reason to boycot an entire company.

Also am I the only one here who sees this whole donought fiasco playing to the stereotype of a typical American cop?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yea this is just calling for a boycut for all the wrong reasons... Not like they have a legitimate reason to boycut amiright?
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    A random cashier can't say no to serving someone based on their political beliefs. They are not the manager of the store. They are not in charge of making those decisions(there's probably a reason for that).
    My quote was directed at his post. The store COULD choose to do that if it wanted (not saying this was the case).

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice generalizations there. Let me know when the entire department or union of cops people decides to stop doing their job, like the blacks do.

See how bad and bigoted you sound when you just reverse things a little. Paint with a bigger fucking brush, about things you have no idea about outside of what you see in the news, which is reported in ways to not give the full truth/story, but to get views.
    Do you really not understand how your comparisons are terrible? Nobody chooses to be born into a community, nobody chooses how much melanin they're genetically predisposed to have. Police officers apply for the job. You're comparing choices to circumstances that are out of your control, and acting as if the two are comparable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I used to go to Krispy Kreme because Dunkin Donuts are hard and stale and their facilities are kind of disgusting, if it wasn't for that I'd probably buy some just because of this.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Do you really not understand how your comparisons are terrible? Nobody chooses to be born into a community, nobody chooses how much melanin they're genetically predisposed to have. Police officers apply for the job. You're comparing choices to circumstances that are out of your control, and acting as if the two are comparable.
    Do you not understand how the word bigot works? It doesn't matter if it is a group a person is born into, or chooses to be in, such as that as a career of a cop. Bigotry is bigotry. Just because you are blinded by your tunnel vision of this is being a race issue, is your problem. It is like saying you if I used the analogy of someone of a religion it is a horrible comparison. Cause you aren't born into a religion, ultimately once you are an adult you choose to be that.

Just because you choose to be apart of a group, doesn't mean when people have a bias about you just for being apart of that group, isnt just as bad as judging someone because of their racial features.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you not understand how the word bigot works? It doesn't matter if it is a group a person is born into, or chooses to be in, such as that as a career of a cop. Bigotry is bigotry. Just because you are blinded by your tunnel vision of this is being a race issue, is your problem. It is like saying you if I used the analogy of someone of a religion it is a horrible comparison. Cause you aren't born into a religion, ultimately once you are an adult you choose to be that.

Just because you choose to be apart of a group, doesn't mean when people have a bias about you just for being apart of that group, isnt just as bad as judging someone because of their racial features.
    It is irrational to judge someone for things that are outside of their control, it is rational to judge someone for things within their control. Had you compared it to religion it actually would've been a far more accurate analogy.

The problems with policing in the US exist on multiple levels, none of which I was addressing with my criticism of your shitty analogy. A point I will now make is that the social structure within police departments and organizations tends to resemble that of a fraternity, in which protecting members of the fraternity is often valued above their oath to protecting the rule of law.

PS: Please learn the difference between apart and a part, your last sentence is nonsensical as a result of your misuse of the word apart.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2017-08-08 at 02:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I'm sorry am I supposed to care what you think? /begone THOT

- - - Updated - - -
    I was pointing out generalizing a group or area of people is dumb but it seemed to go right over your head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    More like a business as a whole actually can formally apologize for something that they damn well know they did wrong. Meanwhile let's riot over Michael Brown charging at a cop and trying to steal his weapon after robbing a store.... yupp.

- - - Updated - - -

Black people are crybabies. Stop fighting police you racist thugs.

Weird how it doesn't sound that much different.
    Except Police are a race they are a profession who's group is specifically paid to serve the people before themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I was pointing out generalizing a group or area of people is dumb but it seemed to go right over your head.
    Unless it's black people or jews, or women etc, while misapplying scientific research and statistics cherry picked to do it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    It must have been lost in the non point you were making while demanding I take personal reposability for things well beyond my control. Either way I'm not sure how much more I can stress how being a cop means you should be accountable more than the average person but I might as well be saying this to a brick fucking wall.

Let's get all butthurt because one guy in a company did a stupid thing. I only know on NYPD officer personally, and I doubt he'd give a single fuck about this because he's not retarded

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    One of Dunkin Donuts employees refused to serve police officers. 'I don't serve cops'... So they are claiming discrimination. And the President of the union is calling for a boycott until the chain issues an apology. He also blames the city's political leaders for "encouraging this type of behavior by constantly demonizing cops and by pushing their decriminalization agenda".

While I am quite sure this was an isolated incident regulated to just a singular employee, I really curious as to how the company is going to handle this situation.

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/20...-officers.html

According to the article, the franchise owner apologized for the incident. I am just curious as to what the big wigs in the ivory tower are going to do about it.

More likely than not, there is more to this story than is being told. which is par for the course.
    wont the cops die from hunger then - what those poor bastards will do without munching on doughnuts all the time.

My local grocery chain makes better tasting doughnuts than dunkin doughnuts does now a days. They should consider themselves lucky not to eat them anymore.