Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

its usually shortly after they get featured on ign or kotaku that they get c&d'd which is usually right around or close to release
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Well, Solar Light and Lunar Dark has existed for a substantial amount of time. Granted, its not a commonly known game - but the only thing that stopped it was drama with the developer(s?).
    Yeah that... it kinda killed my interest in that game and any game affiliated with those developers.

IIRC: one of the developers threw a fit about someone reusing his sprites (albeit giving credit to him)... and thus stopped working on the project. And now he has been working on something else for about a year or 2...

Well, Pokemon Sage got a new Demo version. 3 gyms, 6 cities/towns. About 10 hours of gameplay according to their wiki.
    Hnngggggggggggggggggg.
    Gief full version!

I have quite fond memories of hacking a emerald-rom and porting their pokedex into it and editing all trainers in the game as well...
    Jeez now i have to go trough my archives to see if it still exists...
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2017-08-08 at 05:59 AM.

Well friends, we finally made it. The big boys noticed us:

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...on-switch.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    So since there's a dusk form, do you guys think there will be a Lycanroc Dawn form?
    I've got no source on this right now, but I heard that in Japan the new form is called Twilight Form, meaning we shouldn't really be expecting a fourth form. It also seems to defeat the object of dusk form Lycanroc, too - the whole point of it is that in the anime Ash gets the middle-of-the-road, ultimate form of Lycanroc, since other characters already use the midday and midnight forms. Would be strange to have a secret fourth form, but I'd be okay with it if that was the case, I suppose.

EDIT: Bulbapedia lists its Japanese name as 'dusk form', but putting the Japanese text into Google translate reads 'Twilight Twilight'. So, uh... I trust Bulbapedia better than Google translate, so now I'm unsure. I still stand by the idea that there is probably no dawn form.
    Last edited by Caaethil; 2017-08-08 at 09:37 PM.

Shame it isn't any of the thread regulars.

- - - Updated - - -

Now let's just hope that they can actually code the game properly this time. Maybe they should just redo the whole engine, instead of relying Gen 3 code? (That does still exists in SuMo...)

10+ Year Old Account
    So..if they are still making it, there is still no reason to get switch. Its kinda better to wait for something like switch 2.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Now let's just hope that they can actually code the game properly this time. Maybe they should just redo the whole engine, instead of relying Gen 3 code? (That does still exists in SuMo...)
    That's interesting if it's true. Is there any source for that? Not that I'm intentionally doubting you.

Anyway, I imagine they'd have to if they're moving all the way to a home console.

i think its funnier that theyre replying to someone whos banned lol.

atleast we know now that it will be open world, ish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    So..if they are still making it, there is still no reason to get switch. Its kinda better to wait for something like switch 2.
    it will probably come out november of next year. there wont be a switch 2 less than 2 years into its life.

there might be a switch mini, or a switch lite, or something like that if you only want to play pokemon but if i had done that i wouldve missed out on splatoon 2 and mario odyssey
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Yeah that... it kinda killed my interest in that game and any game affiliated with those developers.

IIRC: one of the developers threw a fit about someone reusing his sprites (albeit giving credit to him)... and thus stopped working on the project. And now he has been working on something else for about a year or 2...

Gief full version!

I have quite fond memories of hacking a emerald-rom and porting their pokedex into it and editing all trainers in the game as well...
    Jeez now i have to go trough my archives to see if it still exists...
    TBH, I was playing it and had no idea it was "cancelled".

- - - Updated - - -

A neat little detail in Sage: When a pokemon is evolving, 2 spiraling streams of energy spin around it. 1 stream is based on 1 of it's typings, and the 2nd is on the other. EG: A Bug/Ground has a Webbed stream and a dirt/mud stream.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2017-08-09 at 04:51 PM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    TBH, I was playing it and had no idea it was "cancelled".
    I played it back when the story went up to the 7th gym i belive... after that there were routes... but empty ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Following Tuesday leak of CoroCoro, a clearer image has now come showcasing the full details of Lycanroc Dusk Form. It is confirmed to be a pure Rock-type and be 2'07/0.8m tall and weigh 55.1lbs/25kg. It also confirms once and for all that Dusk Form cannot be obtained during normal gameplay and only through the Special Rockruff distribution. Finally, it also states the confirmation that when it attacks, its eyes turn red akin to Lycanroc's Midnight Form as it unleashes its fighting spirit. That's all new information that the magazine states about the new form but we'll bring more as it comes
    Pokémon

Hmm...so its not a new type of pokemon. Just some special type.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

AAHHAAHHAHAHAAHAHHAA

The new form isn't even an actual real Pokémon, just a anime tie-in like Ash-Greninja.

Fuck it, they could have straight up called it Ash-Lycanroc.

(inb4 it actually has Ash-Form in the anime...)

AAHHAAHHAHAHAAHAHHAA

The new form isn't even an actual real Pokémon, just a anime tie-in like Ash-Greninja.

yea... fucking horrible.

This is just proving more and more that USUM is not going to be like BW2 in the slightest. This lycanrock form is probably going to be released BEFORE the games even come out in just s/m

- - - Updated - - -

I also like how they tried to pull this off as USUM news when it's just an event pokemon
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Somehow I'm not surprised.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

AAHHAAHHAHAHAAHAHHAA

Disappointing, honestly. I hope US/UM are actually worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Disappointing, honestly. I hope US/UM are actually worth it.
    Never really felt they were. If you skipped SuMo last November, then sure, but a full on remakes this soon just doesn't seem worth it for any of us who got those games.

I'm not sure if I should buy USUM or just Freeshop it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

I also like how they tried to pull this off as USUM news when it's just an event pokemon
    It does qualify as USUM news as the distribution has already been confirmed to run for USUM.

"The distribution will run on Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon from November 17th 2017 through to January 10th 2018"

Doesn't change the fact that it is fairly disappointing, being a one time thing and not a new feature. Leaves us still completely in the dark on those.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    It does qualify as USUM news as the distribution has already been confirmed to run for USUM.

"The distribution will run on Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon from November 17th 2017 through to January 10th 2018"

Doesn't change the fact that it is fairly disappointing, being a one time thing and not a new feature. Leaves us still completely in the dark on those.
    At this rate it does look like that there are no new features.

Protags have a new hat, Route 1 more flowers and Nebby is wearing Necrozma. That's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this rate it does look like that there are no new features.

Protags have a new hat, Route 1 more flowers and Nebby is wearing Necrozma. That's it.
    Yeah it does seem bleak, it's why I have mad respect for anyone still holding on to hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh. Just ugh. Hopefully they'll grant Dusk Form through normal means in the future; kind of like how Zorua/Zoroark was an event exclusive (required the event Celebi from M13) regular 'mon for BW, but became obtainable through gameplay in future games.

Oh well. It was kind of cool for a while. GF is really failing to get us hooked on this. With this month's news period gone (unless they start dropping trailers in the next 3 weeks), we've got 2 months to go until USUM (September and October CoroCoro's, while USUM almost immediately after CoroCoro for Nov. So, 3 months technically, but 2 months news realistically, because I doubt Nov's CoroCoro will bear much fruit).

I mean, I'll get them anyways, but still.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    Yeah it does seem bleak, it's why I have mad respect for anyone still holding on to hope.
    Yeah, I'm one of those actually. I can honestly feel the hope inside me burning, refusing to believe that it will be trash.

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly believe that they are simply withholding the information so we can discover them by ourselves in the games.